Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks Dennis!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WD40
I am using the 6.1 with a gear diff in the rear and a spool in the front. The front blades are breaking. If I increase the negative camber in the front (making the blades go deeper into the slots then it helps a little). But the blades are right at the edge of the hub slots and are breaking/popping out.
What front arm mounts and spacers are you using? Maybe you've got the front of the car too narrow?

EDIT: I meant maybe the front of the car is too wide.

-Mike

Last edited by grippgoat; 11-05-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
So, I have been testing some 6 hole pistons lately. And so far I really like them

I have been testing a 6x1.2 hole piston with 900cst oil in them with some really good results. What I have noticed is a car that is much more calm and switches directions quicker than with a 3 hole piston. My typical piston set-up is 3x1.1 with 450CST. When comparing back to back, lap times were similar, however the 6 hole piston rolled in a more controlled manner and was better in chicanes when switching directions. The result was a much easier to drive car that seems smoother and soaks up bumps better. The true test will be this weekend at our other track which has a high speed section that is very bumpy. Here, I have been running a 3x1.1 tapered piston to soak up the bumps.

We have liked them so much in testing, that we do think it is a valuable tuning aid so we are producing a variety of different hole patterns.

We are going to release:
6x1.1 (611)
6x1.2 (612)
6x1.3 (613)

I still have not had a chance to test the 1.3 hole, which I am dying to since this is the hole pattern HARA ran in his TCXX at the worlds with 2000cst in the shocks. I will report sometime later this week once I get to test them.

The servo mounts will arrive next week in like 7-10 days. We had a problem with the production, so we had to have them re-made.

We also will be posting our new 17.0 lb springs this week (orange), these are slightly stiffer than the purples and are great on high grip asphalt tracks. We also have another spring coming in next week which should be softer than the purple.
your gonna have to stop making stuff dude, my shopping cart cant keep up

ed
Old 11-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Okay guys,

I have just read the last thirty pages of this thread to get caught up to date. I enjoy TC racing but just do it in the three cold months we have. Around here we don't have any outside racing other than offroad so I run my Losi 2.0 buggy from Mar to Nov. I have a TC6 that I bought last fall just before the 6.1 came out. I took it to the Snowbirds and had an awful time because I fought setup the whole time. At the time I didn't realize how different the 6 and 6.1 were in roll center setup and my buddies were giving me 6.1 numbers and I did lousy....... You know how hard it is to find a setup while at the Birds..... track time is non-existent. The next weekend I made the 3 hour trek to Nashvilles Thunder raceway and raised the rear RC two notches and WALLAAAA.... The car all of a sudden came to life and was a joy to drive. Now shortly after that I switched to offroad for the summer and haven't raced TC since.

My question is this....... I have a RSD6 kit from this summer but haven't put it on yet. Most of the setups on here seem to be 6.1 based and I understand why. What should I do????? I am afraid to loose my TC6 setup and car that ran so great last time IF I convert it. Would I be able to get a 6.0 setup for the RSD?? Should I just buy a used 6.1 and convert it so I can use current info??? What do I still need that didn't come in the first RSD kit? Is the bellcrank setup different?

Sorry for so many questions.... I have a head full at the moment....
Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
There is not enough demand for the Serpent car to justify them right now, but if you measure them out for me, I will see what I can do.
Shock body I.D. = 10.00mm
Piston O.D. = 9.90mm
Shock shaft hole is either 2.50mm or 3.10mm depending on which shaft you use (RCXX or RCM shcok)

Let me know what you can do or what might work.

Thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Christian, the battery holders that you use and sell, will they work on a T4. The Velcro strap I use from a plus doesn't fit on the t4. I thought the ones you have might work well.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bjanzen
Okay guys,

I have just read the last thirty pages of this thread to get caught up to date. I enjoy TC racing but just do it in the three cold months we have. Around here we don't have any outside racing other than offroad so I run my Losi 2.0 buggy from Mar to Nov. I have a TC6 that I bought last fall just before the 6.1 came out. I took it to the Snowbirds and had an awful time because I fought setup the whole time. At the time I didn't realize how different the 6 and 6.1 were in roll center setup and my buddies were giving me 6.1 numbers and I did lousy....... You know how hard it is to find a setup while at the Birds..... track time is non-existent. The next weekend I made the 3 hour trek to Nashvilles Thunder raceway and raised the rear RC two notches and WALLAAAA.... The car all of a sudden came to life and was a joy to drive. Now shortly after that I switched to offroad for the summer and haven't raced TC since.

My question is this....... I have a RSD6 kit from this summer but haven't put it on yet. Most of the setups on here seem to be 6.1 based and I understand why. What should I do????? I am afraid to loose my TC6 setup and car that ran so great last time IF I convert it. Would I be able to get a 6.0 setup for the RSD?? Should I just buy a used 6.1 and convert it so I can use current info??? What do I still need that didn't come in the first RSD kit? Is the bellcrank setup different?

Sorry for so many questions.... I have a head full at the moment....
Barry, you should be ok with the regular TC6 parts. The set-ups don't really change much. There is a slight geometry revision in the rear arms to the 6.1, but nothing that will make the car work completely different.

The set-ups from the TC6 to RSD6 are sightly different. The RSD6 has a bit more of a rear ward weight bias so this allows you to run the same oil and spring F/R more often than with the TC6. There are a ton of set-ups on our website. Anyone of them would be a good starting point. Just look for one that matches your track conditions.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jerz616
Christian, the battery holders that you use and sell, will they work on a T4. The Velcro strap I use from a plus doesn't fit on the t4. I thought the ones you have might work well.
From what I have seen, yes it should be able to be used on the T4.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerz616
Check post #1415 in the T4 thread, shows the hold downs installed with a battery. Nothing changed from the T3 to the T4 with the stock plastic battery holders.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Hey rsd fans.
To those who went from a 6.1 to an rsd6.1
I am curious,

How did the changes make the car feel and how did it affect your lap times?

Like to hear from Christian as well.

D.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Hey rsd fans.
To those who went from a 6.1 to an rsd6.1
I am curious,

How did the changes make the car feel and how did it affect your lap times?

Like to hear from Christian as well.

D.
+1
Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

I find that the car has more cornerspeed. The suspension "travels" really nicely (together with RSD bladder and piston). And i like the steering response better than on my TC6.1
Old 11-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Among the things that I noticed myself was increased corner speed and overall traction. It also turns in harder than the TC6. The weight placement has been moved around to increase steering response, but the dual bellcrank steering smooths out this gained steering response.

The result is a car that steers more, but is much easier to drive.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, and the other advantage is that it is an ever-evolving platform. Next week we'll have the center mount servo mount. Within the next month or so, we'll reveal some other neat things we have been doing with our car to make it better. We have just been swamped lately.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks gentlemen.

Quit making such awesome mods and maybe you'll be able to relax Christian!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.