Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help choosing starter box

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

make sure it's this part number for the truggy start 10244. Get it while you can they come in the wherehouse and gone on the same day, this is by far the best box in the business, versitle with battery options, 12v a tank, two stick packs has a good feel to it but needs more charging cycles and lipo with a 10c-15c rating with 4000mah lasts a long time between charges and at 4 cell the best amount of power you need for those nasty motors that have some killer pinch, shoot you'll even smoke the starter wheel
Old 06-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Im just gona add one more for ofna blue truggy box. Best overall starter box out. Well worth what it costs. Turns over anything with gel cell, lipo, or even a cheap pair of nimh stick packs.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I say just get a Losi starter box. Thats what I use and it starts my buggy just fine. Thats all its used for right? So I say if it starts it fine then use it. I dont see what all the fuss is about the blue Ofna box, I have never used one so I really cant say, but my losi box works fine, so why try another.

I dont think its so much of what box you use but its what you use to power it. Heck I just use 2 6 cell NIMH packs works great for me. I cant see what more you would need
Old 06-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
make sure it's this part number for the truggy start 10244. Get it while you can they come in the wherehouse and gone on the same day, this is by far the best box in the business, versitle with battery options, 12v a tank, two stick packs has a good feel to it but needs more charging cycles and lipo with a 10c-15c rating with 4000mah lasts a long time between charges and at 4 cell the best amount of power you need for those nasty motors that have some killer pinch, shoot you'll even smoke the starter wheel
why do you say to make sure its the 10244 starter box? Is there another blue box thats probably cheapper?

Im leaning more on getting the blue ofna starter box (10244). I wanna make sure i get a box thats gonna last me a while.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fd2k
Looks like everyone saids the Ofna blue box is a great box. Just to make sure is the link below the box everyone is talking about?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRLU1&P=ML
Yup! That's the one. Slap a 4s LIPO in it...you will never need another box again. Maybe just a replacement wheel or 2 depending on how much you use it on tight motors. It literally smokes the rubber off the wheel with new motors if you're not careful. Only problem I have ever had with it is the contacts on the spring switch melting. It was a $6 replacement part....and never melted again. I got the box used and it works wonderfully....going on 2 seasons for me now.....plus 2 seasons with the previous owner.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Looks like everyone saids the Ofna blue box is a great box. Just to make sure is the link below the box everyone is talking about?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRLU1&P=ML
YES THAT IS THE BLUE BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS CALL (OFNA TRUE START)
Old 06-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

If you have a 8ight 2.0 get the new losi 2.0 box. It's dialed. the car pops right on everytime. I bought this box so when people pit for me its easy for them to line it up. It has good power to turn over a tight nova.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll say this, you Losi guys really beleave in your stuff. If you don't try any thing else how will you know if it works? I'm not knocking or hating, just don't understand the fan boy thing.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If the stuff works you can't really cal it fanboying. If you support a product even though it don't work, now that's being a fanboy................or being sponsored.

I've had a Ofna truggy box and loved it, sold it with my truggy. Now I have a Losi rtr box with a 4s lipo in it, and it works just dandy. Have heard some complaints about the belt, but haven't seen anything on mine yet.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
If you have a 8ight 2.0 get the new losi 2.0 box. It's dialed. the car pops right on everytime. I bought this box so when people pit for me its easy for them to line it up. It has good power to turn over a tight nova.
+1, I install a second motor and lipo and have yet to have issues with my losi box... It's done great for the last year, even breaking in new mills...
Old 06-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

why do you say to make sure its the 10244 starter box? Is there another blue box thats probably cheapper?

Im leaning more on getting the blue ofna starter box (10244). I wanna make sure i get a box thats gonna last me a while.

Your leaning? There must be 10 reccomendations for the ofna box. What's the hold up? What exactly are you waiting for? Just curious...
Old 06-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Or you could save a little money and get this one. Dual 775 motors just like the Ofna truggy box only cheaper. I bought this one to replace my truggy box. I run a 12v gel cell - nice setup.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Working Man
I'll say this, you Losi guys really beleave in your stuff. If you don't try any thing else how will you know if it works? I'm not knocking or hating, just don't understand the fan boy thing.
I had a mugen box and i used my friend 2.0 box and it was way better, so i bought it. it's also fool proof to lock the car on. Quick converts between 2.0 buggy and truggy in seconds.

If you have a LOSI 2.0 THIS IS THE BEST BOX.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Your leaning? There must be 10 reccomendations for the ofna box. What's the hold up? What exactly are you waiting for? Just curious...
Thanks to everyone that responded to my post. I went with the ofna box and got it from amainhobbies.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Working Man
I have the Gen 1 Losi box with original motors on a gel cell, still works,
I have the New universal box with Lipo and have had no problems.... If my stuff still works, why do I need to try anything else.

Horizon, Losi and its drivers have all been great to me. I like the product and it works for me. I'm not a sponsored driver, but they (Losi Team Drivers) support me alot. I have seen other Man drivers not offer a hand to others who need help. So why fix something that isnt broken.... LOSI LUV....Yes Im a fan boy.