Wiki Posts
Search

got a question

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default got a question

i have been out of the sport for about a year and a few months and i plain on attending the s.i.c this year here is my question before i had to take some time away i was one of the fastest drivers in my area and since then some of the guys i used to race with are faster and i havent had a chance to race yet to see if i am as fast as i was or worse or better but do you guys think it would be ok to race a sportman class or race the pro class like i have in the past. alot of the guys say i should and a few others said i would be sand bagging.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DPowers
i have been out of the sport for about a year and a few months and i plain on attending the s.i.c this year here is my question before i had to take some time away i was one of the fastest drivers in my area and since then some of the guys i used to race with are faster and i havent had a chance to race yet to see if i am as fast as i was or worse or better but do you guys think it would be ok to race a sportman class or race the pro class like i have in the past. alot of the guys say i should and a few others said i would be sand bagging.
dont worry about others when you start at the sportsman class if you think your to fast then bump up to the pro class when your ready its about having fun not what others think good luck with the comeback
Old 08-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DPowers
back when you were racing If you were sitting in top 10 at races I would run pro on your comeback since you are experienced it might be like night & day & would get you back on pace quicker & remove the rust faster.
Entering sportsmans might take you a longer process to re hone the skills you had or you might just put on a whopping on that class then it would look like you sandbagged it but that is your choice & how you approach it
looking to have fun run-sportsman
looking to return to some serious racing go pro
Old 08-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

john greene along with a few others will be policing the sportsman class due to some people taking advantage of the sportsman class last year ...i mean if your times are up with pro times you will be moved up ...either way if you have to ask it might be a good idea to race pro ...kinda the riding a bicycle thing ...but i mean hey you may have lost your edge in a year ....you gotta make that call glad your coming it is gonna be off the hook good the layout is up on sgrid ...too bad i cant see it because im not paying for any message board
Old 08-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know Denny and if he races in Sportsman at the club level then's he's definately baggin', but with his rust and no sponsor he may have a hard time at the S.I.C. in sportsmen because there are some baggers there and some really fast sportsman.
If Coty beats you by 2 or more laps at Dion's then run sportsman.
I predict he'll beat you by more than that but i'm just saying.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

I also know you don't cheat so i'm sure you'll know what to run.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=bgbelden;6197442]I know Denny and if he races in Sportsman at the club level then's he's definately baggin', but with his rust and no sponsor he may have a hard time at the S.I.C. in sportsmen because there are some baggers there and some really fast sportsman.
If Coty beats you by 2 or more laps at Dion's then run sportsman.
I predict he'll beat you by more than that but i'm just saying.[/QU

just 2 laps we cant count the laps i beat you by not but seriously when is cody leaving for that race tell him i wish him luck.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey now .. the only sand baggin in sportsman this year is me.. My next body is going to be painted brown. Until I get my sled running right, I'm nothing but a sand bag on the track....

P.S.

I need to buy stock in wings and rear shocks
Old 08-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Hey leave me out of this, after 3 years i've still not won a single race. I KNOW what class i belong in.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

it dosent matter if you win or loose just as long as you have fun right.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Run sportsman local to see how you do. They are some fast sportsman local and that will give you your answer.Don't worry what every one else thinks or says because somebody will always have something to say.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris1381
Run sportsman local to see how you do. They are some fast sportsman local and that will give you your answer.Don't worry what every one else thinks or says because somebody will always have something to say.
Hey remember - he's asking
Old 08-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I know this guy and how he drives so I would suggest slash class.