what buggy to buy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what buggy to buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

show me one koysho or losi thread on this site that has more team drives and factroy drive helping over the d8 there not one
the car is golden i was a losi guy for ever the a 808 now i got this d8 and it like cheating on my gf
Old 10-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have herd the D8 has a small area for a battery and theres no lipos out that will fit in it.... never personally seen it but thats what ive been reading on other forums...

Last edited by iLL-Mitch; 10-07-2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iLL-Mitch
I have herd the D8 has a small area for a battery and theres no lipos out that will fit in it.... never personally seen it but thats what ive been reading on other forums...
i got a lipo in mine fit just fine it a 1650
Old 10-07-2008, 08:58 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vladconnery
What!!!

The MP9 has not showed me jack. Is it designed nicely heck yeah!!! Do the parts fit and shine like new money heck yeah. However I just watched a 777WC put the beat down on 2 Mp9's and a MBX6 and everything else in the field for that matter this weekend. Now I will give the 777 all the props in the world it's a real nice ride and got WC's to back it up. I was at the worlds and the only thing I saw was a broken MP9 and some either bad drivers or a buggy no ones figured out how to drive yet. Now I am not saying it's not going to be a great buggy but up to this point give me a 777WC.

And If I recall correctly the WC podium looked like this 1. HBD8 2. Losi 2.0 3. Mugen MBX6 so if theres anything at the top of it's game it would be those. You guys keep saying those other buggys are light and the parts fit amazingly well and it's got superior craftmanship. What is Losi and HB made out of playdo and with lead wheels in a blind workers factory. If thats the case give me one of those.

Now I'm a Losi lover for sure. However I believe I can drive and win with whatever. Buggys don't make the driver better good drivers make the buggy better. I'm a lil pissy with Losi right now trying to charge $650 for something they was selling for $440 a month ago. They didn't reinvent the wheel they just fixed what was wrong with there buggy. Right about now the HB or the Mugen look prime for my buying.

However in the end I know I will practice what I preach. Always buy the buggy you love the one that makes you feel like you cheating on your GF. ALL buggys have there quirks. Atleast if you love it you will except it faults with a smile . If you don't you just going to end up buying two. The one you settled for and then one you really wanted.

Let's stop crowning the 808, MP9 and not so much the MBX6 the best out there. The just got beat down at the Worlds buy a buggy that was half the cost of the MP9 and $150 less than the Xray and the Losi beat them both also. So it's impossible to call them the best out there. Sorry I know Kyosho dominated for quite a long time but you know like I know. This is a what have you done for me lately world.

I'm starting to wonder if the "you get what you pay for" saying is starting to become an oxy moron. Two of the top buggy's out range from $380 - $550. All others are ranging from $600 - $850.
agreed 100%
Old 10-08-2008, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
show me one koysho or losi thread on this site that has more team drives and factroy drive helping over the d8 there not one
the car is golden i was a losi guy for ever the a 808 now i got this d8 and it like cheating on my gf
See thats what I'm talking about love what you drive. Don't buy a buggy on hear say and rhetoric. Buy because it gave you goosebumps when you saw it. Even if it is the 808 or the MP9 if thats the one you love then buy it. Just keep in mind that it's really the driver that makes the difference. Not how shiny the parts are not how well they supposedly fit. Realy if that was case I would not keep seeing Subarus beat down porsches. If price had to do with quality and reliability then a lamborghini would be the most reliable car known to man, NOT!!!!

I want to make sure that no ones mistaking that I don't like the 808 or the MP9 cause I do. However to many people trying to convince rooks who are new to RC'ing. That they have to spend all this money to have a good ride and these two are the best. When actually nothing could be further from the truth. To many people are wining with cars that cost $500 or less. Losi 1.0, HBD8, MBX5R and RC8. Were supposed to be trying to recruit more people to our hobby to keep it alive not push them away with sensless rhetoric. Now a vet he may want a mp9 or 808 which make sense. When you've already had a couple of buggys and know you can drive and most importantly perform routine maintenance. (driver ability + maintenance + Luck = Bulletproof not cost) Buying an expensive buggy makes sense your alot less likely to harm it do to experience not because it's made well.

p.s. If you don't think I like the MP9 see my comments on the MP9 build thread. It is a beautiful car hands down maybe one of the nicest I've seen.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man, did I miss class here or something?? LOL! Nice explanation.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Man, did I miss class here or something?? LOL! Nice explanation.
LOL, Vlad goes a little overboard, but you cant argue about his passion or his points, LOL! Go Vlad, slap em all down!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

first off just try them all out see wich one fits you best dont worry about the name on the side of it, i personally run the losi 8ight and will be buying a losi 8 2.0 when they come out, it is easy to drive the corner speed is ridiculous and it flys great in the air. but its all in how you drive.