Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

I finally got my Pro4 I have to say that So far so good, but they miss-packaged two front towers and no rear, I calles HPI and I have to first return the aditional front one before they will shipp me the rear one. Im kind of upset becase I won't see that tower for a while.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by xxxkat
Bigdog,Matt was slaming your Pro 4.. Told all it was not a good outting for the Pro 4..whats up..
well.....it wasn't a good showing. We found out the problem later on that night and when bigdog went back out for practice the next day it was much better. We give everyone (close friends) crap all of the time......take a look at me....I'm the fastest guy to never win a race at speedworld but I can win everywhere else. BUT this year will be different. The stock set up seems to work pretty well but you know that bigdog will get a killer set up down by the time you come out this way.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
well.....it wasn't a good showing. We found out the problem later on that night and when bigdog went back out for practice the next day it was much better. We give everyone (close friends) crap all of the time......take a look at me....I'm the fastest guy to never win a race at speedworld but I can win everywhere else. BUT this year will be different. The stock set up seems to work pretty well but you know that bigdog will get a killer set up down by the time you come out this way.
STLNLST... we you get a set-up please post... I'll be racing at SWR a few time this year...thanks.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ditto
Old 03-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone had their diff nut slip in the moulding under heavy braking.....makes a crunching noise similar to gears crunching????
Old 03-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I would have to say no,the only "crunching" I have heard was the broken teeth on the ring and pinion gears up front.. you might want to check your gears out first..
Old 03-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Nothing wrong with my gears.....all perfect. checked the shims, the mesh.....all good.
it's only under extreme braking, my friends evo III does it also, he says it's his is his locknut slipping on mould.....just wondering if anyone else has encountered this?
I have tightened my diff a little and that seems to help
We run modified on carpet....med-high traction..
Old 03-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Snoopy, you got any good setups for carpet???
Old 03-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default slipping diffs

stripped my diff down tonight couldnt see anything obviously wrong, however as a preventitive measure ive flipped the locking nut over so the plastic locking part is further down the thread rather than at the end, wont be able to tell until sunday but it seems i dont have to tighten it as much as when the nut was on the correct way,

Pro4 carpet setups, see the europe hpi site as Haras is on there along with 2 drivers from the UK who have been racing on carpet, doing v well. I used pretty much there setup and did allright with my pro4 on cartpet
Old 03-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

chr15tophe, they actually give you Hara's setup for carpet in the manual and that's what I started with. It worked well, I was just trying to see if anybody had come up with anything else. Thanks for the tip I will check the HPI Europe site...
Old 03-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default slipping diffs

stripped my diff down tonight couldnt see anything obviously wrong, however as a preventitive measure ive flipped the locking nut over so the plastic locking part is further down the thread rather than at the end, wont be able to tell until sunday but it seems i dont have to tighten it as much as when the nut was on the correct way,

Pro4 carpet setups, see the europe hpi site as Haras is on there along with 2 drivers from the UK who have been racing on carpet, doing v well. I used pretty much there setup and did allright with my pro4 on cartpet
Old 03-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by The Teacher
chr15tophe, they actually give you Hara's setup for carpet in the manual and that's what I started with. It worked well, I was just trying to see if anybody had come up with anything else. Thanks for the tip I will check the HPI Europe site...
check the HPI Japan site...plenty of set-up there...
Old 03-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does the kit come with a pinion gear?
Anyone ran the car with a high rpm motor like a Monster Stock?
Old 03-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by coastaltony
no pinion gear included...
Monster Stock is pretty much the motor to use nowadays...
with the stock spur... you'll need a 34 - 35T 64P pinion.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by coastaltony
as for the kits from Japan they do not include a pinion gear.
anyone who purchased a kit from the US get a pinion gear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.