Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

LOSI XXX-S, Tips and Tricks, Open Mod, etc

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

After rebuilding my rig, (wrecked it last Wednesday night playing), I got everything back together today and installed the test belt from Josh.
I made the change to the arm for cover clearance and also a very small lengthening of the adjustment slot.
I can happily say that this belt is going to be wanted by everyone and then some.
I ran it for probably a good 2 hours almost non stop, (had to make steering adjustments from the wreck and battery changes), and then manually and visually inspected the belt for any signs of pending failure of damage. NONE was apparent.
The testing was not easy by any means as I ran it both in dirt and on pavement before the inspection was done.
So after that I went out and tested for another hour straight, (except for battery changes), and still this belt has no signs of any type of problem.
Tension remained the same as expected that it would and it is extremely quiet.
More testing will happen Wednesday night as we play hard and rough.

I don't expect to have any issues for a very long time with this belt now. I will keep everyone updated as I keep testing.

Thanks again Josh man for all you have done.

I would include pics but you have all seen the blackness of the belt and the change to the tension arm for fit.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Rookie

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps535e9efb.jpg

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps35efd5d8.jpg

Just in case you haven't seen the above. LOL
Old 11-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Awesome feedback! THAT is the kind of testing I needed to confirm. So far... everything seems GREAT. I'll order 50 of them tomorrow to fulfill those who need them. At which time they arrive, there will be a for sale thread and people can contact me for paypal info. This is very very fantastic!
Old 11-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Let me know how to pay for mine Josh.
Sadly I'm no longer racing on road so if anybody is looking for a couple of G+ cars and a BUTTLOAD of parts including tons of arms and a serious load of MF and Dynamite alloy....send me a PM and we'll talk. I'll dig them out of the dungeon and take some pics.
Really glad these cars have a second lease on life. Still one of my favorites.
BTW, if you're looking for templates for some new shock mounts, I have a couple of the carbon fiber units that TEAM PRP ( or maybe Xtreme Racing ) used to make.

Last edited by rctrackman; 11-11-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rctrackman
Let me know how to pay for mine Josh.
Sadly I'm no longer racing on road so if anybody is looking for a couple of G+ cars and a BUTTLOAD of parts including tons of arms and a serious load of MF and Dynamite alloy....send me a PM and we'll talk. I'll dig them out of the dungeon and take some pics.
Really glad these cars have a second lease on life. Still one of my favorites.
BTW, if you're looking for templates for some new shock mounts, I have a couple of the carbon fiber units that TEAM PRP ( or maybe Xtreme Racing ) used to make.
I'm sure someone around here will be interested in them. Payment will just be by paypal when the belts arrive. The details will be in an actual sale thread. I want everyone to know, I'll be putting in for my first 50 belts and hopefully those will arrive early next week to start shipping out. I also need to make instructions for those who haven't seen this thread. When the belts arrive, you guys will be the first to know. Cost is 25 each shipped in the US and 30 shipped to Europe. Once this first batch goes out, we'll start another list and I'll start development of the front suspension arms. Let's keep this rolling!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Got the first 50 belts on the way to me. When I know what day they'll arrive, I'll put up the link. Everyone still on board?
Old 11-14-2013, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

maybe someone can help me out with a issue on my xxxs. with no motor in it I can roll it freely for a couple inches then it feels like it binds up. I tool the belt off and it doesn't seem to do it. I checked the pulleys and they seem ok and aligned. could the belt cause a bind? I'm getting so irritated with this car I might just have to sell it and stick with off road
Old 11-14-2013, 05:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Js600
maybe someone can help me out with a issue on my xxxs. with no motor in it I can roll it freely for a couple inches then it feels like it binds up. I tool the belt off and it doesn't seem to do it. I checked the pulleys and they seem ok and aligned. could the belt cause a bind? I'm getting so irritated with this car I might just have to sell it and stick with off road
I also had a similar issue when I started testing. It was caused by the teeth trying to skip due to tension issues and the pulleys not being in sync. Anyone else had this issue as well?
Old 11-14-2013, 06:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

How did you end up solving it? I actually kicked the belt off a couple times. Are these style cars not strong enough for brushless maybe?
Old 11-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

How did you end up solving it? I actually kicked the belt off a couple times. Are these style cars not strong enough for brushless maybe?
Nothing wrong with the cars for brushless, you just have to get the tension set correctly. Once the tension is set, you'll know it. The belt won't try riding up the teeth and the car should roll decently. The belt will always feel like it has some drag. My problem also had some to do with the gear mesh on the motor as the previous owner had it too tight. When I actually decided to do brushless, I ran it looser and it made a HUGE difference. Anyone else can pipe in that has far more hours than I do.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

So do I need to run it tighter or looser?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

So do I need to run it tighter or looser?
Step 1: make sure your motor mesh is good.
Step 2: check how the belt runs. I had to tighen mine up a smidge.

Did you cut the slot larger for the tensioner adjustment???
Old 11-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Motor mesh is good and pulley alignment looks good. I did cut the slot but I still have to push the tensioner down kinda hard to get the screw in. Maybe I need to cut a tad bit more?
Old 11-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Motor mesh is good and pulley alignment looks good. I did cut the slot but I still have to push the tensioner down kinda hard to get the screw in. Maybe I need to cut a tad bit more?
Sounds like too much tension maybe.

Josh, on the arms, Rubbaneck and I talked quit a bit and if you can open up the arm cross brace at the end more that would really help.
The end where the steering knuckle is binds at full droop limiting the travel.
We mill out ours for more arm travel but have been hoping it could come that way.

Testing went very well again last night racing with Rubba, Cato, and J Rod, all of whom run XXXS. The belt was absolutely quiet and checking for any signs of wear, I am happy to report all is goooood.
Thanks again,
Old 11-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skid plate
Sounds like too much tension maybe.

Josh, on the arms, Rubbaneck and I talked quit a bit and if you can open up the arm cross brace at the end more that would really help.
The end where the steering knuckle is binds at full droop limiting the travel.
We mill out ours for more arm travel but have been hoping it could come that way.

Testing went very well again last night racing with Rubba, Cato, and J Rod, all of whom run XXXS. The belt was absolutely quiet and checking for any signs of wear, I am happy to report all is goooood.
Thanks again,
Any way you could post a pic of those arms modified? As soon as the belts get going, I'm definitely making some arms... front AND rear. Maybe hubs too but one thing at a time. Heck, I don't even know how much a set of arms goes for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.