Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Agama A8

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by blktransam
this makes no sense at all...so Hara would have done better at the worlds had he ran a "Agama" because its faster? not at all...I have 2 local guys one drives for vppro who distributes the Agama and they BOTH clicked off faster more conistant lap times with the D8 last weekend...I am plenty fast with my D8 and I have driven them all...
Honestly I am not sure what you are saying. Were these local guys new to the A8 and then tried the HB because you will not grab a handle on it a couple of times out. Its a fact that it is a way more aggressive car setup than the HB, if you have driven them all even you would know that. What is being said is the HB will be easier for a new guy to drive than the A8 and its true. It seems alot of people get the A8 and instantly want to detune to get it to handle like what they use to drive rather than trying to get comfortable with how fast on power and how aggressive the A8 can handle. I don't think its about what car is better just what suites a driver better.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I loose sleep, wondering why someone who want a D8, doesn't consider a O'Donnell SG ??
it's almost the same, but better every way

the agama is one of the finest buggy too

Last edited by speedy2; 11-26-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Both are good cars. The d8 from what I have heard does wear faster.Althou I have never driven one before so I cant comment on the handling. However the agama for a first time buggy from a new company is built very well. I have 3 races so far on mine with no wear what so ever. it does drive like a losi 8 2.0 if you have ever driven one before. Meaning that yes it may be a handful until you get use the the steering and it being aggressive. But when you learn how to drive it that way you will be lighting fast with it.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

they have both been driving the A8 since it was avail....nothing wrong with the A8 but to say its "faster" then the D8 is just ignorance
Old 11-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam
they have both been driving the A8 since it was avail....nothing wrong with the A8 but to say its "faster" then the D8 is just ignorance
Its only ignorance to you because you are a D8 fanboy. I never said he would have better lap times, nor did I say that he would only win races if he bought the Agama. The D8 is heavier and wider which equals slower. No matter how you slice it the Agama is faster. I did not bash your ride but yet you still chose to attack me and call me ignorant. Next time maybe you will actually read what I wrote instead of taking one statement out of it and getting all bent out of shape because I said something about your buggy that you were not happy with. The truth of the matter is I had nothing but good things to say about the D8. I was only pointing out facts and personal experiences, how you decided that I was attacking your car or being ignorant about that is your own personal issue.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

JMO, the word ignorance means unknowing, lack of knowledge. It does not mean idiot, dummy ect.
Quite often people take the word the wrong way.
These ramblings wont help the guy make a decision on what car to buy.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

I don't care how you use that word, you tell somebody there ignorant and your not going to get a good response. It was not needed and does not help the OP decide. The Agama has been around a very short time and is making a very strong statement and that my friends is a fact. The JConcepts Clash is in 2 weeks and will have a very strong support of Agamas, 3 of which will be there top Factory drivers. We will see in 2011 what the future will be for this company but I am willing to bet it will be good. I am excited to be a part of it and learn what I can. So far I have seen great support from people racing it and have offered some myself.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

you guys haven't had your turkey yet have you
Old 11-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by smb17
you guys haven't had your turkey yet have you
Soon, but the Captain says I got one leg up on the barrel...Happy Thanks Giving guys.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

i think im going for the agama. And its hard to compare hara to anyone. he is the best driver out there. I dont care who won the worlds i think hara is still a better driver.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losiftw
i think im going for the agama. And its hard to compare hara to anyone. he is the best driver out there. I dont care who won the worlds i think hara is still a better driver.
That boy is just insane fast. One of the most consistent drivers in the world also. He always does well. You never see him have a bad day or any type of issues.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

he had the lead for awhile till the last little part. made a mistake. It happends. But back on track. i drove a hot bodies for like 6 races this past year. I loved it thought it was a great car but i run on a pretty tight track! I hated how the hot bodies just wouldnt turn like i wanted it to. So agama it is.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Agama USA

We'd like to invite rc consumers throughout the United States to visit our site on BLACK FRIDAY, Nov. 26th 2010 at any time to take advantage of our ridiculous BLACK FRIDAY pricing.

We've got three ways to cash in on our site this Black Friday Nov. 26th 2010 listed below.

15% off everything code = VPBLACK
Visit the "BLACK BAG" which has specific items at insane pricing.
In observance of Black Friday we are providing 1 free * "BLACK Team VP PRO Shirt" with every order with the 24 hr day of Nov. 26th 2010.

*while supplies last

BLACK BAG: The Black Bag will consist of random items that are priced extremely well. Throughout the day, keep an eye out, as we will toss hi-profile products into the Black Bag such as an AGAMA A8 Pro Kit, VP PRO USA Fuel Guns, and more!