Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Poinas2
Yes they might get them earlier because of the freight taking time but in any case we haven't got any confirmations and the qty was very limited so I was thinking it would be strange if some LHS gets 5 before even a local disti gets their first. And we are speaking of month+ difference here.

Also I think indeed someone should have the car as it's already a national champion among other results
Asian distributor and car producer is the same, however we have to wait anyway
Old 09-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any info about weight of the car?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting

Last edited by gottahaveit77; 09-21-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by t8rtot
I don't think its a heat issue with the serpent completely.. and I don't think as many people are having these problems as it seems on here.. on rctech there were about 4-5 (a guesstament) guys that continually had issues (I'm sure there may have been more) but I know about 10 ppl that have been running those buggys and have had no issue along with many more who don't use this site. But also if you look at the revised (homemade) servo trays, they are they're equally as close just turned to the side..

I think Durango kept an eye on serpent and agama and since they say the serpent is Gerd's basic design aswell I don't think he'll make the same mistake twice, also a reason he took like 5months working on the radio plate.. (which we still don't have 'final production' pictures of..)
I was wondering who says the "Serpent is basically Gerd's design"?
Old 09-21-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gottahaveit77
Interesting
there you go again... making smart and foolish comments and then deleting it... but people get them on email.. grow up dude... you making yourself look just as stupid as teh people you call stupid... get off of it...
Old 09-21-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

I was wondering who says the "Serpent is basically Gerd's design"?
go help your team mate tell people there noting wrong with the servo tray and get out here
Old 09-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

After doing some research, it seems (in the Malaysian thread) that team durango will be making about 100 cars in OCT, for there team drivers and distributors, the malaysian distributor (or at least one of them) has asked several times for pre-orders. I'm not sure if this is for the initial 100 or for the Nov release date but seems as though our friend (a page back) had some truth to his story.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kgombe
there you go again... making smart and foolish comments and then deleting it... but people get them on email.. grow up dude... you making yourself look just as stupid as teh people you call stupid... get off of it...
I deleted something funny, I should have just left it. My question is who says the Cobra is Gerd's design? Are you the only one who can post in multiple threads, you can get off of it, I wasn't asking you anything!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by porkchop
go help your team mate tell people there noting wrong with the servo tray and get out here
I think I'll stay, thanks for the invite! Do you own this thread? I'm just asking a question that no one seems to have an answer for.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I deleted something funny, I should have just left it. My question is who says the Cobra is Gerd's design? Are you the only one who can post in multiple threads, you can get off of it, I wasn't asking you anything!
let me help you with that

who you quoted
Quote (Originally by RcLoCo Online)---
LOOKS AWESOME. AND I CAN SEE WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY SERPENT 811 TYPE ISSIUES WITH EXPENSIVE THROTTLE SERVO MELTDOWNS....WHERE DO I PRE-ORDER THESE???? LOOKS GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
---End Quote---

your response

So you looked at some pictures, and told yourself the Durango won't have the same problems as the Serpent? Hmmm....

and you think its just coincidence, that the losi that was redesigned a few years ago by Gerd himslef, with the shocks mounted in front of the rear shock tower ended up on the Serpent and a simlilar brake design... plus a few rumours.. of course you see some similar characteristics so its fair for anyone to say this... plus he had not designed a completed radio tray at the time... .go figure...

you probably go to sleep at night hoping and wishing for this buggy to have problems... and i say this from tone you used in this post and other post that you sinced deleted... when i say get off of it.. i mean deal with the fact that serpents radio tray had a flaw ...
Old 09-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kgombe
let me help you with that

who you quoted
Quote (Originally by RcLoCo Online)---
LOOKS AWESOME. AND I CAN SEE WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY SERPENT 811 TYPE ISSIUES WITH EXPENSIVE THROTTLE SERVO MELTDOWNS....WHERE DO I PRE-ORDER THESE???? LOOKS GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
---End Quote---

your response

So you looked at some pictures, and told yourself the Durango won't have the same problems as the Serpent? Hmmm....

and you think its just coincidence, that the losi that was redesigned a few years ago by Gerd himslef, with the shocks mounted in front of the rear shock tower ended up on the Serpent... of course you see some similar characteristics so its fair fro anyone to say this... plus he had not designed a completed radio tray at the time... .go figure...

you probably go to sleep at night hoping and wishing for this buggy to have problems... and i say this from tone you used in this post and other post that you sinced deleted... when i say get off of it.. i mean deal with the fact that serpents radio tray had a flaw ...
Thanks man, I was going to re-type that all, you would be a great assistant. I didn't realize looking at pictures of a car you could tell, were not going to have a servo issue with this one.... Serpent is handing new trays to every customer for free, and no, I don't pray at night about other cars to fail. I did go to church on Sunday though. Get over the radio tray, I actually think the Durango is a really cool looking car, I'm not putting the car down. Never have, just interested to know why certain people credit Gerd's for the Cobra design....
Old 09-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Guys,
Chill out!!!
Anyway, just heard that the 408's weight with full equipment and fuel is around 3.2kgs! whether true or not, we'll find out soon.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Infinity
Guys,
Chill out!!!
Anyway, just heard that the 408's weight with full equipment and fuel is around 3.2kgs! whether true or not, we'll find out soon.
Is 3,584 grams correct?
Old 09-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Is 3,584 grams correct?
What are you on?

3.2kg would be 3200g !!!

I thought someone from Columbia would know what a kilo and what a gram was!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jaf1977
What are you on?

3.2kg would be 3200g !!!

I thought someone from Columbia would know what a kilo and what a gram was!
One kilo is equal to 2.2 pounds, your right, I apologize.. I wasn't in my Cartel mode

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.