Community
Wiki Posts
Search

buggy ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

i get your point but it is a mute point reguarding my post. i never said my brand was the best. and i never ran on another car. if fact i said the 8 was great. but you cannot drive that car full wood around the track you gotta finesse it, if fact the easier you drive it the faster it goes. is that a negative comment? no. so i really don't see where your point applies to my post. and my comments related to driving styles not cars.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

also quoted from the rc mag review. maybe they just are promoting another brand to then right talking down the 8 to make others look good. no they are just stating what they think. so because i get a sponsorship and drive a certain car means that i am no longer allowed to comment on other cars?

"And yet, the precision with which the 8ight drives is one of its flaws when driven hard."
Old 06-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if you have to use 95% of the track to be "fast" you arent driving up to the capability of the car as someone who can control it will drive far less distance around the same track.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I believe xtreme rc did one similar as well with the same results.

You are right its in the eye of the beholder. no argument there.
No one will like the same car much less the same setup. Some cars are just easier to drive for certain people period.

No I'm not discrediting your opinion. Your sponsored and I'm not does that make my opinion less credible than yours not really

"And yet, the precision with which the 8ight drives is one of its flaws when driven hard."

Well thats not its flaws thats a flaw of the driver. It seems most people in dirt prefer easier to drive and that's good for them, but to say a car is flawed b/c it reacts like a race car should instead of being lazy (less reactive) thats what I think is funny is all I'm saying...

just have a beer before you race and drive a losi... you'll be loose, and smooth on the trigger and the wheel. You could TQ and win and be hammered too.. now THATS the REAL DEAL

Last edited by Tempest2000; 06-21-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
I believe xtreme rc did one similar as well with the same results.

You are right its in the eye of the beholder. no argument there.
No one will like the same car much less the same setup. Some cars are just easier to drive for certain people period.

No I'm not discrediting your opinion. Your sponsored and I'm not does that make my opinion less credible than yours not really

Well thats not its flaws thats a flaw of the driver. It seems most people in dirt prefer easier to drive and that's good for them, but to say a car is flawed b/c it reacts like a race car should instead of being lazy (less reactive) thats what I think is funny is all I'm saying...

just have a beer before you race and drive a losi... you'll be loose, and smooth on the trigger and the wheel. You could TQ and win and be hammered too.. now THATS the REAL DEAL
just how should a race car respond? the "perfect car" would be 100% consistant all the time but there is no such thing. you also dont acount for the driver behind the car. i am about 100% sure you can set up any quality race car to be even more reactive than any person could handle as i dont really believe there is anyone that can really get the full potential out of these cars. what wins is the person who comes the closest.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

agreed! and that quote was from rc mag not kyle
Old 06-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm aware of where the quote came from... I read the article as well prior to the link being posted in this forum... That's why I said I get tired of hearing people say the same thing they read in a magazine in my prior post...

I didn't use your name in the paragraph.

See when you begin a new paragraph that starts a new idea. Therefore it wasn't directed toward you. But I can see where you might have thought so.

there is no perfect car nor perfect driver

but saying a car outperforms in every test jumping, acceleration, and steering and then saying that its too hard too drive therefore its the last choice is amusing. You know there are ways to make a car less reactive. widen it, run softer shock oil etc. just like on any car. certain tires make cars easier to drive although increasing push.

so instead of trying to make an OCM, Mugen, Kyosho, or Jammin turn better, jump better etc. you could be detuning a Losi and acheiving the same end, its all in your setup. Maybe its because people are so used to certain setups they aren't open to going in the opposite direction to achieve the feel they are looking for.

I guess being open minded about new cars and designs is all I"m saying

everyone is copying the big bore shocks of the losi already...
must have gotten that right at least.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

i always use my name that wasn't directed to ya i was just clarifying
Old 06-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
I'm aware of where the quote came from... I read the article as well prior to the link being posted in this forum... That's why I said I get tired of hearing people say the same thing they read in a magazine in my prior post...

I didn't use your name in the paragraph.

See when you begin a new paragraph that starts a new idea. Therefore it wasn't directed toward you. But I can see where you might have thought so.

there is no perfect car nor perfect driver

but saying a car outperforms in every test jumping, acceleration, and steering and then saying that its too hard too drive therefore its the last choice is amusing. You know there are ways to make a car less reactive. widen it, run softer shock oil etc. just like on any car. certain tires make cars easier to drive although increasing push.

so instead of trying to make an OCM, Mugen, Kyosho, or Jammin turn better, jump better etc. you could be detuning a Losi and acheiving the same end, its all in your setup. Maybe its because people are so used to certain setups they aren't open to going in the opposite direction to achieve the feel they are looking for.

I guess being open minded about new cars and designs is all I"m saying

everyone is copying the big bore shocks of the losi already...
must have gotten that right at least.
i know one car at least that isnt going the big bore route also you state about being open minded yet you keep going back to one car. in that test they had pros from each company set up the cars for the drivers and went with their average times. does it mean the mugen is best? i didnt read into it as such but does it mean the losi is uncatchable? nope! is the losi a good/great car? no doubt that it is but it has competition and it isnt the only capable car.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how does the jammin like to be driven in the corners? right now im thinking jammin or mugen. i like the jammin, because they are so cheap right now, and not a lot of people are selling their used mugens. i used to have the older mbx-5, but it didnt feel like i could drive it as hard in the corners. i think it might be my driving.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default cl1

i have the gs cl-1 the car is very strong i have it now for 2 seasons and working very good and easy for adjustments very good jumping(v.v.v.v.v.v.balanced) and fast cornering!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Post Some thoughts...

All of these are good cars.

The Jammin is easy to drive but the fit and finish in materials leave a lot to be desired. This car does very well in the steering catagory and does love to hold corner speed as long as you are willing to keep the chassis tight. It will get sloppy and this seems to cause a hunting expidition to make it right.
It is stable but has a lack of total adjustment range. It is one of the easiest cars I have driven.

The Mugen is the most stable. It sacrafices a pound at the scales. You want big motors for this ride. Don't even compare the new car to the old one. Yes, the new MBX-5R is that much better. It now steers as well as it is stable during rotation. You can hammer this car hard and it will be smooth and come back for more. Mugen is closed to the top in parts quality but is not as athletic as others. In an hour long main this is a car to watch for.

The Xray is the Farrari of the RC cars. The fit and finish is impecable and the handeling is totally track adjustable. Did I mention it is adjustable? You need to know what you are doing with this car. It will get you in trouble if it is adjusted incorrectly. Don't worry! It will not break. It is stronger than an anvil. The guys from RC America will really help if you go this direction. Just to be clear, the XRAY is one of the fastest and most nimble cars in the world. It was hands down the class of the field at the 06' Worlds until a marshal turned it off. Down here in Texas it is very tough to beat!

Kyosho? They got Gill! Wait for the 888!

Losi - The car I have modified the least. Not the fit and finish of the Xray but the durability is on par. It is on the light side and it steers like a true race car but as stated before, you can dial it out. This car does not need a lot of motor and it is extremely easy to adjust. Really is a simple car that had the benifit of looking at all of the other cars before it. That is what scares me about the prospect of the Kyosho camp. After driving the Losi you know Gill knows his stuff. I have not seen a section of the track the Losi is not dominant in. The 08' worlds will be off the hook. This is the car I drive and am currently very happy with. I race two nights a week and it does better than I drive. Very Fast Car! I just set back and let it do its thing. It could be a hand full for some drivers.

Associated??

My 2 cents,
TEX
<---- Not Done yet!
Old 06-22-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I hear the Radio Shack line of cars can be driven hard.

Have a good weekend !
Old 06-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

I have been very sceptical of the rc car review since I first read it. The 8ight had the fastest lap and the second fastest 5 minutes average plus being the only buggy that did not break and it got last! This was behind the kyosho that broke the most and turned the slowest times and did not stand out in any category! I highly disagree with this review. I run an 8ight and I can vouch it is a very consistant car when driven right. And, yes this car does not like to be over driven into corners. But it does have quite abit of mid corner and exit steering allowing you to be very aggressive in the corners. It just takes a different driving style. Also, were was OFNA and Xray in this review? I know Jammin elected to stay out.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

a 41.5 is faster than a 40.9 and a 40.1?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.