Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Nats gripe

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldschoolracer
......................................__.......... ......................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll............................. ...
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,....... ...........
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..................

DANG I HATE IT WHEN THE KIDDIES GET OUT OF SCHOOL FOR SUMMER
Lets see if you respond to nothing....
Old 06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by desertbird
Nothing you guys are arguing about has to do with the original post.
Actually I think it does, in a way. I wouldn't care if I had to run with the experts... just let me have a reasonable amount of run time for my money, and I'm happy.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DOMIT
yup... a polite way to make an impolite reference, and a bit of humor... (I was serious once... a few years ago... but I got over it and I'm all better now...)
ROFLMAO - (spits pepsi) - OK, now you owe me for a keyboard

Yeah, just over a year.
You'll get better, faster, smoother - maybe (no promises).

I understand what you're saying... I just think it is part of "offroad."
Yup, just racing. Still hated it.

It takes me 3-4 minutes of the main to calm down. My knees shake so bad I'll shake the whole drivers stand at the start of a main. Just excitment.
I think everyone does at first. Now I'm cool as a cucumber, and don't shakle until the last lap.

Ummmm... got some "Hello Kitty" stickers.
Dang dude, you gotta get him some rockin' Hanna Montana decorations for it too

p.s. you never mentioned the CRASH video
Old 06-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Suspended

Thumbs down

Lets see if you respond to nothing....
KIDDY TROLL ^^^^^^
Old 06-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Actually I think it does, in a way. I wouldn't care if I had to run with the experts... just let me have a reasonable amount of run time for my money, and I'm happy.
I totally agree. I'm the same way. I like to get my money's worth not only for the race but all I spend to keep my car going. With that said, all I do is club race and all I want is good competition and a lot of fun; nothing more nothing less for me.

But the original post was about making another class for the pros who have stuff you and I don't and how that is unfair to you and me Anyway... sorry I interrupted, my apologies... Back to my ABC's
Old 06-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mike63
I understand your point but let me explain how this works (I'm not a sponsered driver but I've made a living playing a different game since I was 20and that game has just as many products as rc). Sponsers are sponsers and you're representing the brand, not necessarily the product so it's not false advertisement. As long as you win with your sponsors logo then their happy. Some contracts stipulate you have to use their product some don't but again you're being supported by the brand not the product. You're paid to represent the product and company, represent is the key word here. In my profession we go to great lenghts to take off lables, hide the equipment under towels so people don't see what we're actually using but they do see our logoed shirts, hats and bags. At the highest level, which is what we're talking about here, it's about winning and paychecks and your equipment is what you use to do those things and you use whatever you think will give you that competitive advantage to win and get paid.
i get what you are saying, my thing is, if you dont believe in your product then why run it or basically try and make it better or as good as the product you want to run?

who knows what their contracts state, and i understand if a certain vehicle isnt even out yet or if your chassis sponsor doesnt even have a truggy, then yes run a different kit, no harm no foul.

as for another certain individual (oldschool), i do understand its all about winning, i love racing, its about the funnest thing you can do, i cant stand to run my kit without some type of clock LOL

but there is more than just getting paid and winning. If people are only into this hobby for the money, then they are in the wrong buisness, i have yet to see a top level driver roll up in a Lambo and have a mansion on the hill...you have better luck getting into harvard, and just by reading your responses, im not even sure if you have any luck in that department as well lol

this convo has gone way south and im not even sure why people are trying to debate the fact if we should have a sportsman class at the Nats...

there is a time and place for everything and a sportsman class at the nats isnt one of them.

the only gripe i have is people not having pride in what they run. take it as you want.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

You'll get better, faster, smoother - maybe (no promises).
Hmmmm... At one of the big races my bud sent me a text (we were meeting at the track) "do you want some b-fast?" (He meant breakfast of course...) I responded "I don't need any b-fast, I'm plenty fast... could use some b-smooth and dontwreck though..."
Old 06-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

KIDDY TROLL ^^^^^^

Took the bait.

You use to go by the name of RocketRob didn't you.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Hmmmm... At one of the big races my bud sent me a text (we were meeting at the track) "do you want some b-fast?" (He meant breakfast of course...) I responded "I don't need any b-fast, I'm plenty fast... could use some b-smooth and dontwreck though..."
God damn that was funny right there!
Old 06-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

i tell racers that all the time rhythm baby
Old 06-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

p.s. you never mentioned the CRASH video
If that's a bike trail... those "bashers" are irresponsible, give everyone a bad impression of our hobby, and need a good Texas-style whuppin'! Even if they aren't on a bike trail, that looks like someone intentionally trying to injure another person, and still need a whuppin'!

The kid on the bike didn't sign up to marshall the race. When I'm on the track, I know what the risks are. I've been smacked pretty good, and that is even knowing what to expect and watching what is going on.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jesse
this convo has gone way south and im not even sure why people are trying to debate the fact if we should have a sportsman class at the Nats...
I tried to get it back there earlier, to no avail.

Anyway, as I suggested then - the problem as I see it is how does one go about differentiating the difference between a Pro and a sportsman (or amatuer) driver. Does someone suggest we have all sp drivers sign some sort of statement alluding to some semblance of suck-dom?

Originally Posted by Jesse
the only gripe i have is people not having pride in what they run. take it as you want.
Not sure what you mean by that.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

I totally agree. I'm the same way. I like to get my money's worth not only for the race but all I spend to keep my car going. With that said, all I do is club race and all I want is good competition and a lot of fun; nothing more nothing less for me.

But the original post was about making another class for the pros who have stuff you and I don't and how that is unfair to you and me Anyway... sorry I interrupted, my apologies... Back to my ABC's
Ok, you've got me there... we're a LITTLE off topic, but still related. However, I disagree with the premise that allowing developmental parts is wrong.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Suspended

Thumbs down

God damn that was funny right there!
YOU'VE STILL ADDED NOTHING TO THE DISCUSSION.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Suspended

Thumbs down

Took the bait.
TROLL ALERT -- "An Internet troll is a person who delights in sowing discord on discussion boards and chat rooms. They, and it usually is a he, tries to start arguments and upset people.
The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to them. When you try to reason with a troll, he wins. When you insult a troll, he wins. When you scream at a troll, he wins. The only thing that trolls can't handle is being ignored.”

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.