Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New location

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLock
Rubber tires seems to work much better on concrete than foam tires. Concrete acts as sandpaper to foams and usually offer no traction no matter how much traction compound you spray on it. But, I guess you guys will figure something out.
The nitro cars (using foam tires) had "NO" problems with the surface see post #28.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Three
The nitro cars (using foam tires) had "NO" problems with the surface see post #28.
Dude, chill out a bit. I was just stating my experiences with foam tires and concrete surfaces in the past. I wasn't trying to step on toes or offend anyone. I am just making sure because I know a couple of people that would like to have some big races at your new track in the very near future and need to clarify some things that will go a long way in making MSRA's new track a new destination spot for racing from a national standpoint. That is only if you guys want to have some more racing come to your area.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Factory Seal, you have a PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by droberts
That place looks great guys! Look forward to getting to come back out and race some if I ever get off work any. Y'all plan on doing any more practicing this year? Or any more work days around the place? I was talking to Clarence this past week and would have like to have came but I was stuck working yet again
If weather permits....working this weekend!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Dude, chill out a bit. I was just stating my experiences with foam tires and concrete surfaces in the past. I wasn't trying to step on toes or offend anyone. I am just making sure because I know a couple of people that would like to have some big races at your new track in the very near future and need to clarify some things that will go a long way in making MSRA's new track a new destination spot for racing from a national standpoint. That is only if you guys want to have some more racing come to your area.
that was the first time i have run on concrete......i was saucing my tires.......i was having so much fun i wasnt paying attenting to my tires that much.......i did however have my rideheight kinda high....61/2...7....and fairly hard tires.......Only time is gonna tell me anything about that.....you could be correct about rubber tires.....i only ran 4 tanks before my car went under the now lowered Metal Railing!..end of day.......LOL!!

and Ofcourse we want the big races!!....
Old 11-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Factory Seal, you have a PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Factory Seal
that was the first time i have run on concrete......i was saucing my tires.......i was having so much fun i wasnt paying attenting to my tires that much.......i did however have my rideheight kinda high....61/2...7....and fairly hard tires.......Only time is gonna tell me anything about that.....you could be correct about rubber tires.....i only ran 4 tanks before my car went under the now lowered Metal Railing!..end of day.......LOL!!

and Ofcourse we want the big races!!....
Thanks for the conversation and all the info. Sorry I had to cut you short, boss needed some info from me. Let me work some things on my end and try to get you some possible racing dates info and lets see what else this new track could be hosting in the near future.

So, if you got some form of nitro car (especially you closet IGT guys), dust them off. If you don't have one, get one!!! Lets get MSRA and Memphis on the r/c racing map and make Memphis one of the places racers want to come and run!!!

Last edited by JLock; 11-15-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

WOW, was just pointing to a post you must have missed. It's all good.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Nice AVATAR Three!!!.....
Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Suspended

Track looks cool guys. Now throw some asphalt over that concrete

Juan, that concrete doesn't look like the stuff that we used to run on. Im sure it will be fine.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Track looks cool guys. Now throw some asphalt over that concrete

Juan, that concrete doesn't look like the stuff that we used to run on. Im sure it will be fine.
Chris,

I will being going to Memphis in a few weeks to look at the track and maybe do a test and tune session with some of my MSRA brothers. I am pretty sure it will be fine but need to see first-hand to make sure. Yes, the Mugens (MRX4 and MTX4) along with my Xrays (NT1R and T2 007) will be making that trip. Not worried about rubber tires, just need to see how much the foams really hook up there.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Suspended

Awesome, if traction is really good like it has been in the past, ill be excited to come to beat the heat for a 4th straight year.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Initiate

IGT?? PFFFFFFT.... With 16' wide lanes, banked turns and hopefully a straight long enough to "stretch one out" on might as well go full on 1/8 scale.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Not to spam your thread up or anything.. BUT isn't there a large field back there somewhere?? Like between the track and the hamburger place? Big enough for an offroad track?
Old 11-17-2011, 04:03 AM
Tech Rookie

ok I ran a coupel of tanks on this track with 37F and 40R not to much whear and hooked up better than emos I love it but where is sid he ran more than I did and may have ran softer tires I'm up for test and tune if weather holds out been kind of sloppy here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.