Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what i fot so far, what so you think??

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking what i fot so far, what so you think??

Hey guys!!

So I just landed and real real good job, whoohoo me :-).
after looking around and picking out what I want and putting it on my wish list on amain hobbies.

I think its a awesome kit, engine and rx/tx. Don't know about servos. Money isn't an option for me as of right now. I just want my dream truggy and seem like I'm half way there.

Well here's the list, let me know what you guys think as a racer?? Thanks guys!!

THE TRUGGY
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...gy-Race-Roller

THE ENGINES, DONT KNOW WHICH ONE THO?? WHICH ONE IS EASIER TO TUNE??
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ine-Turbo-Plug
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ht-Weight-Head

THE RX/TX
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...614FF-Receiver

TIRES. GOOD OR BAD??
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Cell-Inserts-2

RIMS?? OR RULUX RIMS??
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Wheels-Black-4

Well there it is guys. Its a big list and alot of money, but it is my dream truggy and seems with either one of those engines it will be a beast. Love mugen and miss my mbx5t. Awesome truck. Don't know squat about servos and am looking for good fast servos. Thanks all again for looking.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Just so you know you are buying a truggy with buggy tires and wheels
Old 03-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Ha, I know. I just seen that. Don't know of any rims like those. I'm probably going to get the rulux rims :-).
Old 03-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Are you interested in racing or bashing?
Old 03-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Racing. I have my xl for bashing. I just placed an order for a lrp 32 for my xl.
I wouldn't dare bash a truggy. They look weird bashing and belong on the track imo.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Ha, I know. I just seen that. Don't know of any rims like those. I'm probably going to get the rulux rims :-).
Why would you want Jconcepts Rulux rims? They collect more dirt/mud and are weaker than dish style. I can't remember the last time I've seen them on a track.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow. That's quite a set-up you're getting there.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Why would you want Jconcepts Rulux rims? They collect more dirt/mud and are weaker than dish style. I can't remember the last time I've seen them on a track.
Because i love that style and look. I'm not a big fan of dish rims. Also dish rims pick up alot of dirt as well. They just stay on the inside and are harder to clean.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by SolderGlob
Wow. That's quite a set-up you're getting there.
Thanks buddy!! I think its going to be an awesome track truck when I'm done.

Also to add i know how to spell lol. I just seen that I hacked my thread name lol. I do everything on my phone and it has auto correct.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

You should go to the tracks you will be racing at, and figure out what brands and style of tires the fast locals are using. Calibers are a decent all-around tire however, but there are alot of tracks they don't work at, especially if it's wet, they'll clog really easy.

The B5 or Ninja will work fine. Both are equally as easy or hard (however you want to phrase it) to tune. Just make sure you match the tuned pipe with whatever engine you buy.

You also really don't need a $500 radio. I know it's personal preference, but you could get something like a Radiopost or a cheaper Futaba and then spend the extra $ you save on extra sets of wheels, which will help you a lot more.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I decided to save money and bought the Futaba 3PKS instead of the 4PKS. I do not see the point in having a 4 channel radio for RC cars and besides the 3PK is just as amazing as the 4PK I absolutely love it.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

As you can tell from my sig, I have some experience with some of the stuff you are getting. The Mugen is an excellent truck, the M-spec setup is not for everybody. It's a good starting point but you will most likely want to change it.

I like the BO2 Ninja motor, it's a monster of a motor. The Werks engine is also excellent, I've never run one but have heard nothing but good things about it.

The Futaba radio, well I've not seen a lot of them used at the tracks I have been at. I can't comment on the radio, I've never used one.

As for servos, you will want a steering servo with at least 330 oz of torque and a transit time of .15 at 60 deg at 6.0 volts, minimum. For throttle, a servo with 200 oz of torque and a transit of .15, minimum.

Check out the Mugen thread for more info and setup tips on the truck.

Last edited by Slider30250; 03-03-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: added info
Old 03-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Thanks for all that info and servo advice. I'm looking forward to getting that mbx6t. I think I'm going to get the ninja engine.what do you mean about changing it up?? Like diff oils and shock setup??

To answer that other question about track surface. The tracks I run at are tacky/loose clayon the corners. What would you guys recommend for tires on those surfaces??
Old 03-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Looks good
Old 03-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Thanks for all that info and servo advice. I'm looking forward to getting that mbx6t. I think I'm going to get the ninja engine.what do you mean about changing it up?? Like diff oils and shock setup??

To answer that other question about track surface. The tracks I run at are tacky/loose clayon the corners. What would you guys recommend for tires on those surfaces??
Yes to the diff oils, the shocks will be good as is with the 400 cst oil the M-Spec comes with. (i'm not sure where A-main got the diff oil and shock oil setup info from that's on their website unless the M-spec setup has changed, that's not what would come on the truck) The only difference on my shocks is I run the black option pistons, I feel they give better pack and better performance in the rough. If you want to see what else I've done differently on my truck check out the top of page 487 in the Mugen MBX6T thread.

As far as tires, JConcepts Subcultures in blue or green (depends on temperature), AKA Cityblocks in soft or HotBodies megabites in pink are good choices.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.