Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by andrew-01
I feel its always been nice to tune the esc's without a laptop, just a small plastic screwdriver.
And the way I understand it is that you use the usb link to download new software. The manual seems to show that tuning the esc will be by pushing the esc buttons, so this leads me to again believe the sole purpose for the usb link is to update software.

Yes the usb Is for software updates. You will program it the same way as before.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will these be at Snowbirds?
Old 01-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What is the motor limit? I want to use one Speedcontrol for MOD and Stock.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Legend

Will it perform with a Lrp motor and not cog ?
Old 01-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
What is the motor limit? I want to use one Speedcontrol for MOD and Stock.

Here is the pdf for the manual, it shows 4.5turn as the recommended limit.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...e_101217fv.pdf
Old 01-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Will it perform with a Lrp motor and not cog ?
That's the million dollar question!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Rookie

So, anyone have a firm date when this will be available from distributors?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default Advise for speedos on my 3 vehicles

I currently have 3 vehicles with the following motor/esc setups.

A B4.1 with an SXX Competition V1 with a LRP X-12 17.5 which is pretty fast even though there is no boost available on it and no timing advance on the motor.

A T4.1 with a Tekin RS and 17.5 Redline (which is ridiculous fast when boosted but slow when not.

A B44.1 with no motor or ESC yet.

Here is my dilemma. I bought the Tekin RS for my truck because it was the RTR and the Reedy sensorless combo that came with it sucked ass. I was tired of waiting for the SXX Stockspec V2 so I got this combo.

Just after buying the Tekin (which is OK but I kinda hate having to hook it up to a computer to make certain tweaks) AE of course puts out the press release for the SXX SS V2.

So here is my thinking people. Tell me if u like my idea.

Pull the SXX Competition out of the B4 and throw it in the B44.1, add the heatsink to the ESC and run an LRP 8.5 Octawind mod motor in it so I can race it in 4WD Mod and Mod Buggy (at OCRC they will allow a B44.1 to run in mod buggy if you aren't a sandbagger and there aren't enough guys to run a full heat of 4WD mod buggy)

Keep the Tekin RS in the truck

Put an SXX Stockspec V2 in the B4.1 so I can run both boosted and non-boosted when I want (JBRL for example this year will have a non-boosted stock class). I assume that I could still run a mod motor with no problem with the SXX Stockspec V2. Are there any disadvantages to running a mod motor with this ESC? I know it's not a good idea to boost a mod motor (perhaps unless it is with the milder boost settings of the SXX Competition V2 and/or the SXX TC Spec V2).

Will the SXX Competition V1 be able to handle the power requirements of the B44.1?

Any insight would be helpful.

ps.. I have never owned a boostable LRP but the Tekin RS with 17.5 can go so fast it turns my T4 wheels as flat as pancakes when I gun the throttle while holding the truck off the ground and it does wheelies and flips over backwards when I tried it out on the asphalt. It's insane fast for a stock motor.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Team Associated site shows the release of this ESC in the LRP tab as 1/11/11. Still not available, and not hearing any news of when it will be available. Any one know where we are at on this please?

Thanks!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

why dont u put the lrp in the 4wheel the run tekin in ur truck an buggy.. this wayu have the best stock speedo out and itcan run mod just as good as the lrp.. instead ofhaving to buy a sxxssv2 for ur buggy and not have all the profiles.. ya no.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Mine is coming this week..cant wait
Old 02-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I too am waiting for LRP to get their new line of SXX esc's for a replacement. I wonder if I can up to this.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes, everything should be check. Flashed firmware twice, calibrated radio and set endpoints to 100. I think i did everything right..
Old 02-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

So far the response on the new SXX-SS V2 is extremely positive, drivers worldwide are super-happy with it's performance & reliability.

We'll try to be more active on forums again, but in case of questions or problems it's always better to contact your countries distributor by phone or email directly and not wait for responses here as we don't follow the user forums frequently (and I work at LRP Germany and can not speak for our US distributor Team Associated). Thanks for your understanding.

Some help & information...

USB Bridge / Firmware Updates:
the PC-software and speedo firmware files were removed from the website because there seems to be a small bug with the PC-software which can result in "frozen" speedos during updating. In the worst case such speedos need to be sent in for repair!
We currently try to locate & fix this problem and until then we'll obviously not distribute the PC-software. As soon as this is fixed, which could be early next week or even 3 weeks away, the required files will be made available again.

Attached you find the firmware history for the software's at least for the moment already (will be on the website as well of course).

Updateability:
The firmware updates are only possible within a speed-control family, this means if you have a modified SXX StockSpec Version2 you can not use SXX Modified Version2 firmware (no matter if "Competition" or "TC" model) on that speedo and vice-versa.
The reason is that the differences between the speedos are more then just firmware and there's also slightly different hardware and this is why we restrict the firmwares to it's intended family.
Attached Files
Old 02-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looking around I don't see any newer news about availability yet. Does any one have the latest scoop?

Need two ESC's like yesterday! lol

Much appreciated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.