Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wanting to get into racing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The only real part cheaper on a buggy vs truggy is the tires. Don't let that be the biggest thing to sway your opinion one way or another. But i will say this, if you intend on getting into both truggy and buggy, buy the same brand. Alot of parts are shared between them and this will save you alot of money. Also don't be afraid of buying a roller and completing it yourself, often times its the best route as you won't be paying for an undersized/underperforming engine/servos and etc. You want a good engine (not saying you have to spend $300 on an engine either) and good servos. Those parts are the most important followed by radio gear.

VP-Pro makes great tires that are fairly cheap in comparision to aka and pro-line, Ace/XP makes good servos that are powerful, quick and cheap. Go Engines make damn good mills with lots of bottom and top end power.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cobaltracer1986
you have a lot of options here, ,,but id say be
st bet is to go to toys r us and see what kinda cars they have there, theya re usually good quality and competitive
You're kidding right?
Old 09-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dayglo33
DON'T DO IT, IT'S A MONEY PIT!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously though if you haven't raced you may want to buy something used that is in good condition to make sure this is something you want to do. Also you don't need all the hop ups and the fastest motor just starting. Learn to drive good lines and to be curtious to other drivers. Speed will come in due time.
This is a very good responce. I started racing with a Losi 2.0rtr. 1 yr later and about 7500.00 or more later Im still racing. This is a very expensive hobby. Its just like real racing. To stay competitive it costs. Club racing is a little less expensive but a lot of rookies like myself learning and crashing. Ive progressed to Series racing and it does seem to be a little less expensive as the drivers are little more stable with there driving skills. I actually drive better in series racing than club racing. Just have fun doing it and youll be fine......