Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
ok, since people think I am completely crazy bad mouthing AE ball cups. I made a little video. all of the parts for both AE and TLR were brand new and no prep work was applied. Please dont confuse my cup review as AE bashing. I have been running AE cars for over 20 years and they are my preferred brand. But, I wont close my eyes, plug my ears, turn off my brain and convince myself that all is right in the B5 universe. I didnt have time today to demonstrate my polished, pinched and broken in cups. They are better than the new AE stud/cup, but not even 1/3 the freeness of the TLR setup. Also, I have run the tlr cups on my 22 for 9 months. Never broken a cup and they are still as tight as the first day.

Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NJDcEnKtrs
Agreed!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

ok, since people think I am completely crazy bad mouthing AE ball cups. I made a little video. all of the parts for both AE and TLR were brand new and no prep work was applied. Please dont confuse my cup review as AE bashing. I have been running AE cars for over 20 years and they are my preferred brand. But, I wont close my eyes, plug my ears, turn off my brain and convince myself that all is right in the B5 universe. I didnt have time today to demonstrate my polished, pinched and broken in cups. They are better than the new AE stud/cup, but not even 1/3 the freeness of the TLR setup. Also, I have run the tlr cups on my 22 for 9 months. Never broken a cup and they are still as tight as the first

At least they are good and tight
Old 06-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ok, since people think I am completely crazy bad mouthing AE ball cups. I made a little video. all of the parts for both AE and TLR were brand new and no prep work was applied. Please dont confuse my cup review as AE bashing. I have been running AE cars for over 20 years and they are my preferred brand. But, I wont close my eyes, plug my ears, turn off my brain and convince myself that all is right in the B5 universe. I didnt have time today to demonstrate my polished, pinched and broken in cups. They are better than the new AE stud/cup, but not even 1/3 the freeness of the TLR setup. Also, I have run the tlr cups on my 22 for 9 months. Never broken a cup and they are still as tight as the first day.

Enjoy

Truth is truth.....that isnt bashing at all.....

I experienced the exact same thing with my RM B5....whats weird is that my B5M wasnt nearly as bad.......

But neither were as free as the losi in your video.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My mr with AE ti 2" turnbuckles were all bound up even after stretching at pinching and what not. My mm kit with AE ti 1.875 turnbuckles are absolutely as free and smooth as anything can be hmmm
Old 06-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

One of my close friends during my high school years(88-92,I know "old guy") was raised by Mike Reedy. I didnt know how to set up a car, at all.LOL. Mike took care of all of us (friends with his "son") with motor help and car tuning( he was actually a pretty good onroad racer). If the car looked outa whack, he told us "try this there". We started with pins and ribs, moved to Losi X patterns, and finally ended up with micro pins(fuzzies). I don't think car setup was as crucial back then because the cars tended to slide around since the tracks were rototilled soil rather than concrete hard packed clay. Anytime a motor seemed to lose steam, he would fix it and we would be going fast again. I started with stock 27 turn and moved onto mod about a year into it. My preference was a 17 turn triple for my RC10 and a 13turn triple for my Yokomo(which I wish I still had). Good times back then. A few of us used to ride our bicycles from Westminster to Costa Mesa (about 10 miles or so) to go to the track(RCHR) if nobody was around to drive us. Dedicated!LOL
Old 06-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I dunno. Those turnbuckles are 1 3/4 in and I only threaded them half way on. I didnt want to be accused of over threading them If yours are as smooth as my tlr cups in the video, I fel like I have been robbed lol. Those were also not the kit ae cups. They came from a NIP package I bought after I cracked a front cup in a crash. I have had 2 kits and 1 bag of caps all do the same thing. The studs are recent bactch and were shipped from AE directly after coming off backorder for a month. So none of the parts in the video were first run parts.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Legend

Just finnish cleaning my ball cups ,hinge pins, gear box & slipper..

All still smooth as butter
, must be a miracle..Ha
Old 06-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Enjoy
do the TLR ball cups fit on AE studs or do u have to use TLR studs? sorry if answered earlier.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Just finnish cleaning my ball cups ,hinge pins, gear box & slipper..
i just went through my diff and i noticed a couple of the holes in the diff gear had some flashing still on it after running it since feb, so i took a 2.3mm hole file to the all the holes and now my diff is smooth and not notchy at all, a problem that just randomly appeared a week ago.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

This past weekend I was able to run my B5 on a nice top soil track Ribs up front and calibers in the back. Was a hoot, but in the end, I ran my RC10CE with age old BowTies and ribs (originals from the 90s) and tore it up, took the win in 2wd Mod.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Jake S
i just went through my diff and i noticed a couple of the holes in the diff gear had some flashing still on it after running it since feb, so i took a 2.3mm hole file to the all the holes and now my diff is smooth and not notchy at all, a problem that just randomly appeared a week ago.
did not have to touch the diff , very smooth still.

Just a tooth brush & some of that $uper lube from DuPont for the gears.

went to the near by tobacco shop & purchased a bunch of pipe cleaners.

PInk & Clean.

OYeah,
never seen any excess flash on the drive gears but if I saw any would just trim it off with a X knife .

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 06-19-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I like Bow Ties. Most underrated tire out. Perfect for when it's too packed for Goose Bumps, and too loose for Hole Shots or DDs.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by traitor
do the TLR ball cups fit on AE studs or do u have to use TLR studs? sorry if answered earlier.
You will need the studs also. The ball is a different diameter
Old 06-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

For those that have gone gullwing front arms, which spring combo are you using?
Old 06-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NoNothing

I guess it was a stupid question, nothing $20 in tires cant solve. The track I run at is very packed in. Though they're rebuilding soon, so we'll see.

Time to go find 2.2" slicks.
My local track has not races right now but the track is open to practice. It's not-as-abrasive clay as TRCR but has a nice black groove on much of it and is pretty dry. If you sweep, slicks have so much traction... at least on the front where I'm running them. So it's certainly worth a try but I think you need a seriously clean swept track for that to work.

This picture kind of shows my slick fronts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.