Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree40Likes

Speedmerchant Rev 8

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by team_tamale
Coming very soon, new skool front end, side links and center pivot.
Whats different about the center pivot?

My Rev8 went well at the last club night, switched to inline cells. Although it was slowed down in the last run by having virtually no ride height due to trying to eek out the last run or two out of some worn tyres.
Should be good to go on some fresh foam for this weekends nationals.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just so it all comes on one tree. No more machining 1980's part.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I want to thank Bruce, Joel, and the team drivers (Craig and Robbie) for helping me sort out my Rev8 at the birds. I had a rough start but made small improvement each day with their help. I look forward to running my 12th scale car regularly at my local track.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Day one of the MK National over.
1st in the E final for me.
Car was ok, but I had to try minimise grip roll most of the day and drive within my limits.

Ulti X-Compound, hard front 40.5mm, medium rear 43.5mm I started with larger tyres but had to come down to reduce grip roll, fronts are glued on the edge
0.18 front springs
kit, or one softer than kit side springs, I can't quite remember now
12,000 cst (same as green sppoge) in side dampers (could do with a refill tomorrow)
30wt center shock with associated blue spring
just over 1mm droop on rear pod
additive was on for about 8 minutes rear, 6 minutes front for the final run, wiped off 8 minutes before running, this was reduced from qualifying and an improvement, I'll go for less time tomorrow
Protoform AMR shell.
ride height 3.8mm, any lower and the tape joints cause problems

the car feels stuck in the groove at times, hard to attack corners with speed, but keeps rotating out of corners- this isn't helped by the carpet being laid on top of carpet.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Good luck tomorrow

That looks like such a cool event

Wish I was there racing with you guys

BRCA Rocks !!!
Old 02-15-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

The coverage on rcracingtv is pretty good. I just wish they'd get my name right, It's Harrod not Harold
Old 02-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by Herminator
The coverage on rcracingtv is pretty good. I just wish they'd get my name right, It's Harrod not Harold
They are doing a great job, also I noticed some nice scenery in the background there occasionaly
Old 02-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Got some time on the new Rev8 at Mike's Hobbyshop carpet track in Dallas over the weekend. This car has all of the new molded plastic New Skool front end parts, production aluminum front bulkheads, new molded side links, new molded center pivot, and lowered CG rear 12th scale specific rear pod plates. Running battery inline. Car started out good but got better after a few adjustments. Lap times were on par with other cars, which means with my driving the car is very good. There are a couple of more adjustments I want to try next time out. I think the car can be even better. I believe everyone will be very pleased with the New Skool front end. Very solid and precise, easy to adjust.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Also, running AMR12 body. I tried the TR12 back to back. The AMR12 just seemed smoother and fit my driving style better. I know some are running the TR12 with good success, it just feels a little to aggressive for me.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I just wonder when all of the parts you described are gonna come as a complete kit....
Old 02-17-2014, 11:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team_tamale
lowered CG rear 12th scale specific rear pod plates.
I have missed this one, what are the changes? any pictures?
Old 02-18-2014, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Herminator
Day one of the MK National over.
1st in the E final for me.
Car was ok, but I had to try minimise grip roll most of the day and drive within my limits.

Ulti X-Compound, hard front 40.5mm, medium rear 43.5mm I started with larger tyres but had to come down to reduce grip roll, fronts are glued on the edge
0.18 front springs
kit, or one softer than kit side springs, I can't quite remember now
12,000 cst (same as green sppoge) in side dampers (could do with a refill tomorrow)
30wt center shock with associated blue spring
just over 1mm droop on rear pod
additive was on for about 8 minutes rear, 6 minutes front for the final run, wiped off 8 minutes before running, this was reduced from qualifying and an improvement, I'll go for less time tomorrow
Protoform AMR shell.
ride height 3.8mm, any lower and the tape joints cause problems

the car feels stuck in the groove at times, hard to attack corners with speed, but keeps rotating out of corners- this isn't helped by the carpet being laid on top of carpet.
I got my setup wrong,
it's 0.18 side springs, kit front springs.

Sunday showed signs of promise with a slight reduction of tyre size, finding a safe ride height and playing with soak times improving the handling but I never managed a clear run. Qualified 9th in the D with another lap easily possible if not more.
I had over geared and under additived in qualifying, so sorted that for the final. I had a decent start but got taken out by a buddy in the third corner got back into the race and after a couple of laps found myself chasing down Russ in 4th with his Rev8, as he was stuck behind 3rd. The car was going the best it had all weekend and I started to drive properly. Then it all went to pot and the back end started snapping around on right handers, a few laps later I had a crash where the aerial snapped and left the body propped up on it. After two marshals faffed around trying to put my car down on the track with the shell dragging at the front it was time to retire. Disappointing ending to a frustrating weekend, but the event was great.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Cool *** New School Available - Limited 1st Run ***

http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/news.html

Old 02-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The front end looks awesome but I want one with the metric spacing.

When is that coming please?
Old 02-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

probably about as soon as they make a rev8 with metric hardware

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.