Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
I went to the track today to test the car out in stock trim. In the past, before the MM conversion, the car was not very competitive because it just could not generate the traction (mostly forward bite) on the surface I'm running it on. It felt sluggish and had difficulty clearing jumps that my B5M had no issues with at all.

That has now changed entirely. The car was fantastic today. The track was quite down on traction and rather dry so out came the Electrons. I did not feel like I was lacking for traction anywhere on the track and in fact I ended up moving the front shocks back in one hole on the tower from the one furthest out because the car was pushing on corner entry. I got some steering back and didn't have any off-power loose problems. I will probably go to the center hole and see if I can get even more steering without being loose.

After that adjustment and playing with gearing I ended up running some very consistent laps that were within 1-1.5s of the fastest guys at our track from the previous night's club race. The traction is a lot better on race nights as the track is consistently watered so I felt pretty good about the results relatively speaking.

So between the forward bite gained from the MM conversion and the extra zip I am seeing with the MIP puck drive / slipper weight loss program I feel like I have a car that is going to be very competitive in stock. It was really cool to see this car do what I always knew it was capable of today.

I am confident enough now with the car on lower grip that I am going to give it the ultimate test next weekend at a race in Michigan sponsored by our own DiscountRC. The track for the West Side Nationals is an outdoor hard-packed dirt track. I actually haven't run there but I know it is going to be much lower grip than anything I have run the KF2 on before. I am not really sure what to expect or if the car is even going to do well but based on what I have seen so far I am feeling pretty good about it.

At this point I am pretty much all-in on the KF2 with the MM conversion. How are those of you who have installed it doing with it?

So how was your race and your car?
Old 08-25-2015, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The outdoor race is this coming Saturday.

I just saw some news out of PNW from a race that was this past weekend called the North-West Invitational.

http://www.redrc.net/2015/08/cavalie...-invitational/

Looks like Mikey Brown, a Schumacher driver, did pretty well in 2wd mod against a competitive field. Did anyone in here attend or compete in that race? I'm just curious to know if Mikey was running the KF2 with MM conversion out there or an SV2. The track looks similar to what I may encounter this weekend in Michigan.

https://www.facebook.com/davesrctracks
Old 08-25-2015, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I havent talked to Mikey but I would guess he ran his KR....

Pretty much everyone ran rear motor at Daves
Old 08-25-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Brown ran his Kr.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

OK. Well, I am told that most people run mid-motor at this track so we'll see......
Old 08-25-2015, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Daves is pretty loose/loamy.....

I would reach for the rm myself
Old 08-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

I've noticed more with my KF2 than my others vehicles, but the rear ride height drops over the course of the day. For example today, after four packs my rear ride height decreased by as much as 3mm. Is this common?
Old 08-25-2015, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

That means your suspension is binding throughout the day....

check hinge pins for binding/bent... clean pin bores with pipe cleaners... use dry teflon wd40 on all pivots to ensure free movement.

It could also indicate bent shocks, shafts, swollen orings, blown bladders, rebound decreasing....

so many possibilities, those are all reasons why the top shelf racers maintain their rigs meticulously... almost medically clean all time. Consistency
Old 08-25-2015, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
That means your suspension is binding throughout the day....

check hinge pins for binding/bent... clean pin bores with pipe cleaners... use dry teflon wd40 on all pivots to ensure free movement.

It could also indicate bent shocks, shafts, swollen orings, blown bladders, rebound decreasing....

so many possibilities, those are all reasons why the top shelf racers maintain their rigs meticulously... almost medically clean all time. Consistency
Are Schumacher's orings specific to their shocks or can I use another brands?
Old 08-25-2015, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Im not sure... Ive always used the red Schumachers... theyre good and cheap

they swell in about 3-4 weeks... I change mine at least that often....

And before you think omg I have to change them every month!.... all orings swell when exposed to silicone oil as much as rc shocks... most people just dont pay attention. All brands are the same... noone is exempt
Old 08-26-2015, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
OK. Well, I am told that most people run mid-motor at this track so we'll see......
Rear motor a plenty.....

http://2wdmod.com/2015/08/26/2015-6t...ves-rc-tracks/
Old 08-27-2015, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

I've found some price drop here in Europe, a mm kf2 in the horizon..?
Old 08-27-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default MM Conversion

Originally Posted by Mustrum
That's good news! However, I was just informed by Phil (DRC) that the MM kits are at least 3 weeks out which really looks bad for Schumacher's customers and Schumacher in general!
Old 08-27-2015, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
Rear motor a plenty.....
Oh, I was actually referring to the track that I am headed to this weekend when I said "this track", not Dave's.

That being said I have gone back and forth between whether or not to start with the KF2 or give my B5 a whirl. If I had a KR I would probably have that as a backup.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mustrum
It's only a matter of time before they start selling more "focused" versions of the KF2, especially since the SV2 is no longer being developed.

As I've said before, if they can get a "Yankee" edition in the mid to low $300s I think that would at least make them a viable option for racers here in the States financially. If they could pull it off under three hundred with a milled aluminum chassis that would be light enough to appeal to stock racers I think they would really have something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.