Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
Yeah the bearing is a 10x15x4 I inserted a 5x10x4 inside it! and cut lower arm added a 12mm set screw and ball end!
Hi Pickled....finally sorted out my Zero S CS mod...1.79 Cs...practice run on my LHS carpet drift track..definitely notice the difference in steering...our D3 has way better steering angle..I still need to install FOW which will hopefully help and more suspension tweaks.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
Hi Pickled....finally sorted out my Zero S CS mod...1.79 Cs...practice run on my LHS carpet drift track..definitely notice the difference in steering...our D3 has way better steering angle..I still need to install FOW which will hopefully help and more suspension tweaks.
I think it's the goofy steering bellcrank on the zero it steers from the centre like a TT-01 I think? and doesn't have much of a throw. Can't wait till the morning, can finally put in my big order when I get cash in my bank. This is my shopping list

3Racing Suspension Mount RR+20 (#SAK-22/PK)
3Racing 2 Piece Suspension Mount FR-0 (#SAK-X22/PK)
3Racing 2 Piece Suspension Mount RF-0 (#SAK-X23/PK)
3Racing Suspension Inner Pin Set (#SAK-27)
3Racing Suspension Outer Pin Set (#SAK-28)
3Racing Titanium Gear Box Shaft Set (#SAK-D319)
3Racing SSG Graphite Main Chassis (#SAK-D306/SG)
3Racing SSG Graphite Rear Shock Tower (#SAK-D308/SG)
3Racing Transverse Battery Mounting Kit For SAK-D306/SG #SAK-D320/SG
3Racing Aluminum Upper Bumper (#SAK-D312/PK)
3Racing Aluminum Spur gear adaptor (#SAK-D332/PK)
3Racing Aluminium M3 Flat Washer 1.5mm (10 Pcs) (#3RAC-WF315/PK)
Yeah Racing (#BHF308) 3x8mm Hex Socket Flat Head Titanium Screws X3
Yeah Racing (#BHF312) 3x12mm Hex Socket Flat Head Titanium Screws
Yeah Racing (#BHP306) 3x6mm Hex Socket Button Head Titanium Screws
Yeah Racing (#BHP308) 3x8mm Hex Socket Button Head Titanium Screws
Yeah Racing (#BHP312) 3x12mm Hex Socket Button Head Titanium Screws
Yeah Racing Spur Gear Support Plate
Tamiya (#50994) 5mm SUS. Ball (8Pcs)
Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

I think it's the goofy steering bellcrank on the zero it steers from the centre like a TT-01 I think? and doesn't have much of a throw. Can't wait till the morning, can finally put in my big order when I get cash in my bank. This is my shopping list
You got me motivated...I was going to hold off since not all hopups are available yet like the steering...but..I couldn't hold back..placed my order in tonight.
Ordered graphite parts and alum mounts

Also got some practice in today at the LHS carpet drift track
Old 12-05-2012, 03:13 AM
Tech Addict

You got me motivated...I was going to hold off since not all hopups are available yet like the steering...but..I couldn't hold back..placed my order in tonight.
Ordered graphite parts and alum mounts

Also got some practice in today at the LHS carpet drift track
I took mine down to my kids school yesterday. Got the Yokomo upper arm links today and cut them up lol! they work heaps better than the old ones I made. no play at all only vertical movement much more solid. Did you order the suspension balls? I just need the lower arms now and I can build the lower portion of the SSG chassis, hopefully they'll release the front bearing covers soon and I can put it all together!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

I took mine down to my kids school yesterday. Got the Yokomo upper arm links today and cut them up lol! they work heaps better than the old ones I made. no play at all only vertical movement much more solid. Did you order the suspension balls? I just need the lower arms now and I can build the lower portion of the SSG chassis, hopefully they'll release the front bearing covers soon and I can put it all together!
that's great news!!! I can't wait to see yours...I have most of the parts that you suggested to get for the KPI mod..I don't have the upper yokomos yet....stil need to order those.

can you post pics of if where you are now with it?

yes, hope so too that they release the bearing covers...also the alum steering...remember, we need that. and also the aluminum rear belt tension post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Here's my practice drift yesterday...not all that great..need lots more practice. Had a kid that was there shoot the video while I was practicing..so please dont mind the side comments when he talks in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCDrYVnEoQA&sns=em
Old 12-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

that's great news!!! I can't wait to see yours...I have most of the parts that you suggested to get for the KPI mod..I don't have the upper yokomos yet....stil need to order those.

can you post pics of if where you are now with it?

yes, hope so too that they release the bearing covers...also the alum steering...remember, we need that. and also the aluminum rear belt tension post
The rear belt tension post has already been released I have one coming. The steering can be put together even if the chassis is already assembled so I can wait till it's released!

you look like your getting better at drifting bro? Love that carpet track wish my LHS had a wicked track like that! damn

Last edited by pickled; 12-05-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

The rear belt tension post has already been released I have one coming. The steering can be put together even if the chassis is already assembled so I can wait till it's released!

you look like your getting better at drifting bro? Love that carpet track wish my LHS had a wicked track like that! damn
I know it was released...but Rcmart doesn't have it. More expensive at 3racing.

Thanks...I'm trying to get better at it and trying to get as much practice as I can. Will be in process of moving in the next couple of weeks so won't be able to get practice till after holidays.
Love that carpet track a my LHS...although after moving, I will be a lot farther from it. My visits there will be much more limited.

Thinking about carpeting my new garage just so I can have somewhere to practice more. But not even close as that track.
Also..footage is little bit edited to remove big mistakes. Hehe!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

I know it was released...but Rcmart doesn't have it. More expensive at 3racing.

Thanks...I'm trying to get better at it and trying to get as much practice as I can. Will be in process of moving in the next couple of weeks so won't be able to get practice till after holidays.
Love that carpet track a my LHS...although after moving, I will be a lot farther from it. My visits there will be much more limited.

Thinking about carpeting my new garage just so I can have somewhere to practice more. But not even close as that track.
Also..footage is little bit edited to remove big mistakes. Hehe!
lol yeah I saw you hit the wall in the same place a few times under the bridge I have a similar problem when I take mine to the kids school and drift around a bush you can't see the car at that point so you guess where it is and sometimes it's not where you thought it was!

Here are a few quick pics I took this morning of the mod, the chassis is a bit dirty after running it on the lounge room floor for testing even after only about 2 mins the amount of hair it pics up is incredible? you think your floor is clean give it a once over with this chassis and it pics up every thing it's better than a vacuum cleaner lol!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

lol yeah I saw you hit the wall in the same place a few times under the bridge I have a similar problem when I take mine to the kids school and drift around a bush you can't see the car at that point so you guess where it is and sometimes it's not where you thought it was!
Thanks for the detailed pic..now I can plan mine. I'm loving your KPI mod!!!
What type screw /pin did u use to hold the upper arm to tower?

Where did u buy yokomo type c (part number?) from? I couldn't find it t Rcmart?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the detailed pic..now I can plan mine. I'm loving your KPI mod!!!
What type screw /pin did u use to hold the upper arm to tower?

Where did u buy yokomo type c (part number?) from? I couldn't find it t Rcmart?
I used 2 15mm button head hex screw I had to enlarge the hole through the damper support tower so the screw didn't bind, I used a round file.
I bought the yokomo type c upper arms from bonzai hobbies

the postage costs more than the part lol ems
Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

I used 2 15mm button head hex screw I had to enlarge the hole through the damper support tower so the screw didn't bind, I used a round file.
I bought the yokomo type c upper arms from bonzai hobbies
the postage costs more than the part lol ems
thanks for the quick reply...will look into ordering that.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This has been a costly thread for me. I purchased the D3 as soon as they were available. As the hop ups started showing up I ordered them and held off on the build. So far I have not even opened the box as I keep placing orders for bits and pieces.
What started off as a cheap drifter has now cost me as much if not more than a high end kit.

I always have this thread to fall back on to know I am not alone in the spending department. Keep up the good work
Old 12-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ozace
This has been a costly thread for me. I purchased the D3 as soon as they were available. As the hop ups started showing up I ordered them and held off on the build. So far I have not even opened the box as I keep placing orders for bits and pieces.
What started off as a cheap drifter has now cost me as much if not more than a high end kit.

I always have this thread to fall back on to know I am not alone in the spending department. Keep up the good work
i assure you...you have not spent as much as a high end kit...because those high end ones still don't come with the hopups...and when you get those for the high end kits...you are in it for a LOT more MONEY.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 AM
Tech Addict

i assure you...you have not spent as much as a high end kit...because those high end ones still don't come with the hopups...and when you get those for the high end kits...you are in it for a LOT more MONEY.
yeah I agree a high end kit costs upward of $500 then with all the hop ups your looking at paying twice that, some really nice high end kits come fully hopped but the price is still unattainable to the budget minded!
What I like about the D3 is that for a budget kit it is a real contender not a wanna be. It can perform with the best kits out there and if you buy all the hop-ups you'll end up with a chassis that is high end! Also you could just build a second car from the hop up parts and have 2 cars which would be more for your money

oh and it's one of the only kits that comes CS'ed out of the box

eunique I just got those TT-01 parts I ordered like 3 weeks ago. I happened to order the 3racing TT01-14/LB/V2 Aluminum Oil Damper Set (13mm) and the shock body is a dead ringer for the plastic D3 part, I swapped out the old plastic bodies for the alloy ones, They are identical other than the materials they are made from.

Last edited by pickled; 12-06-2012 at 03:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.