Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

New LRP Flow Esc

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the replies.

I can't figure out why the FLOW needs a receiver battery ... the SSX version 2 didn't need it, and woorked perfectly with 1S batteries. I can't see a receiver battery on several pictures from the worlds - including Ronalds car, and furthermore the presentation on the LRP site says, that it work with 3,7-7,4 volt.

I am aware of, that a receiverbattery can boost the performance a tiny, tiny bit, and ad around 8-10 sec more drivetime, if you are on the limit of enough power in the battery.

Jens
Old 08-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 281 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Julius
As a nitro racer i need all capacity for the motor anyway so the receiver pack helps
I thought Nitros ran on fuel, not batteries!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:25 PM
CnR
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I found this http://www.hrcspain.net/producto_LRP...EN-_41197.html
Old 09-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thats like $292 usd, lets hope the us prices comes in lower, id be suprised if it was much over $200
Old 09-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

This will be more likely the price .... otherwise they won't be competitive against other brands!

http://www.rc-cars24.com/index.php?c...d75c3f9ilhc504
Old 09-06-2012, 10:25 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jensroland
Thanks for the replies.

I can't figure out why the FLOW needs a receiver battery ... the SSX version 2 didn't need it, and woorked perfectly with 1S batteries. I can't see a receiver battery on several pictures from the worlds - including Ronalds car, and furthermore the presentation on the LRP site says, that it work with 3,7-7,4 volt.

I am aware of, that a receiverbattery can boost the performance a tiny, tiny bit, and ad around 8-10 sec more drivetime, if you are on the limit of enough power in the battery.

Jens
The SXX V2 had a special BEC that could boost the voltage to the Rx when using 1s battery. LRP identified that was the cause of many SXX failures so for the Flow they removed that type of BEC.

Ronald did have a Rx pack in his car, it was just not plain to see. All LRP racers used one at the WCs.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
The SXX V2 had a special BEC that could boost the voltage to the Rx when using 1s battery. LRP identified that was the cause of many SXX failures so for the Flow they removed that type of BEC.

Ronald did have a Rx pack in his car, it was just not plain to see. All LRP racers used one at the WCs.
Sean,

Do you know or has anyone tested these in 1s boosted in any oval classes? I guess I am asking if this will compete in oval? I had an sxx stock spec V2 and it just seemed a little behind the competition. I realize that these were not designed with oval in mind but was curious if you thought it would work. Sorry to hijack the thread.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:55 AM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwalsh
Sean,

Do you know or has anyone tested these in 1s boosted in any oval classes? I guess I am asking if this will compete in oval? I had an sxx stock spec V2 and it just seemed a little behind the competition. I realize that these were not designed with oval in mind but was curious if you thought it would work. Sorry to hijack the thread.
No there is only a limited number of SCs that have been used for testing. We have run the Flow at the Worlds, and the past couple of Nats, off-road and on-road. The programming is much more advanced over the previous units and I would guess that it should work. I think the main problem before was no way to adjust the timing ramp, which you can do in the Flow.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

The Flow need a receiver battery.

Yes, it need a receiver battery ... all pictures of 1/12 cars you can surely see a receiver battery. Futhermore the text for the update-kit for the SXX speed-controls on the website clearly says, you need a receiver battery for it.

The text for the SXX v2 models on the website says twin-BEC and that they can boost 1s up. The upgrade-kit says BEC and that you need a receiver battery. The new FLOW also (only) says BEC, and this indicates, that the upgrade-kit and the FLOW's are based on the same architrecture ... and therefore the FLOW's also need the receiverbattery.

I and several others in Denmark have used the SXX v2 since they came out without any issues at all ... they have worked flawlessly at any time.

One of the reason that we have chosen the SXX v2 over other manufactures are the ease of use and the performance. When LRP now chose to remove the twin-BEC, we see it as a step back in the ease of use. We surely have prefered, that LRP have had chosed to develop the twin-BEC so it would became bulletproof in terms of reliability.

Several others top level manufactures have integrated step-up volt from 3.7 to 6.0 volt in their speed controls with succes, and wich therefore will be easier to use in terms of not to use a receicerbattery. But theres have not the the easy programming system that LRP have, and we all love so much.

The choise of speed control for the upcoming season has becaome a bit more difficult - the easy programming or no receiver battery? - hope much LRP will continue the development of a twin-BEC, and incorporate it in the next generation of the FLOW's - then the coise will became easy again

Best wishes; Jens

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran

Old 09-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

When is the release date? Everything seems so quiet ...
Old 09-27-2012, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

In Germany the start will be in the beginning to middle of october. Maybe this counts world wide...
Old 10-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Still exciting waiting for the release ... LRP said first september in august, and still nothing new.

Latest rumors said then beginning to middle of october, so it must be just around the corner - and what about the price ... down to around 149 euros for the works team version ?, or will it be a bit higher. Hopefully 25-30% lower price than the ssx versions, and certenly not up near what they are adverticed on some websites with prices up around 250 euros.

Eager to see the functions in the software, and hopefully there will be a dedicated modified optinally software with finer steps as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Jens
Old 10-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Says 24th... So this week

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...pre-order.html
Old 10-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

I wonder if another reason they removed the twin bec and tell u to use a rec pac or booster might be the fact that the newer servos an rec need higher voltage to see max performence? Also i remember a number of top racers still choose to run the rec batt over running it without..
Old 10-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

If I get the upgrade on my tc spec v2 does that make it the same as a flow then? Same settings etc?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.