BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Thanks.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hopefully I have better success tomorrow Wednesday was a disaster!!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello,

Stupid question:

I put a new chassis plate upside-down on a glass board and press the edge which holds lower pod plate down and as a result the front part of the chassis rises by about 2mm. Is it normal or factory tweak?
Old 11-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edgar_P
Hello,

Stupid question:

I put a new chassis plate upside-down on a glass board and press the edge which holds lower pod plate down and as a result the front part of the chassis rises by about 2mm. Is it normal or factory tweak?
Not good. 2mm wow thats alot do you have the rear pod attached? or do you just have the front part of the chassi on the glass. you may want to see it the glass is warped as well. I couldnt imagine the new chassi is out by 2mm
Old 11-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by whynot
Not good. 2mm wow thats alot do you have the rear pod attached? or do you just have the front part of the chassi on the glass. you may want to see it the glass is warped as well. I couldnt imagine the new chassi is out by 2mm
No, nothing attached. The front part up to the middle of the battery slot is ok.

Last edited by Edgar_P; 11-27-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If there is any screws or anything in the chassis attaching the parts to the chassis can create a lift. The chassis plates aren't warped as we inspect each one. The area where the battery pocket is can bow very slightly(.005 of an inch max) but the rest of the chassis is dead flat.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by protc3
If there is any screws or anything in the chassis attaching the parts to the chassis can create a lift. The chassis plates aren't warped as we inspect each one. The area where the battery pocket is can bow very slightly(.005 of an inch max) but the rest of the chassis is dead flat.
Yes, the rest of the chassis is dead flat. The glass board is also extremely flat. There is no CA glue that could cause a bow too.

Last edited by Edgar_P; 11-28-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

what's the name of the video
Old 11-28-2010, 04:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Last edited by Edgar_P; 11-28-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If you would like to send the chassis plate to us to find the exact problem i will be happy to find it for you. None of the manufacturers, and i mean NONE make there own C/F. We all buy it from 1 of 2 places in the US that sell it or they go to china where the quality in horrendous. I opt to use the most reputable place even being that they are the most expensive because i want quality. I check the chassis plates on a very expensive granite flat table and space it up on 3 granite blocks and run across them with an indicator. You do get slight variance in thickness as all the C/F manufacturers give you a tolerance of +or- 5% of the thickness. I am not the only manufacturer who deals with these tolerances. They all have to. I am sorry if i am coming off as snappy but i do take offense to some of concerns i get on here sometimes. If i put out half the junk the other manufacturers put out, i would get hung out to dry. Everyone screams for innovation so i come out with all kinds of new things that no one else has the balls to try. Its different from the norm so my credibility gets questioned constantly. This kind of reaction makes me want to just put out the same kind of tired garbage you get from the rest. No one wants to figure anything out anymore. They just expect to bolt it on and be done. I think i may need to rethink my approach to all of this. Maybe following everyone else is what everyone wants? I just cant see boasting innovation when making a different color 25 year old part. Sorry for the rant but im really getting discouraged.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank you Jason for your reply. No doubts that C/F you use is the best quality on the market and I really don't have any reproaches about the quality of BMI products. That makes me loyal to it and I am 100% happy with my CH12, so don't get discouraged because of this issue Want to finish my CH12 a soon as possible to try it out on our track
Old 11-28-2010, 06:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
If you would like to send the chassis plate to us to find the exact problem i will be happy to find it for you. None of the manufacturers, and i mean NONE make there own C/F. We all buy it from 1 of 2 places in the US that sell it or they go to china where the quality in horrendous. I opt to use the most reputable place even being that they are the most expensive because i want quality. I check the chassis plates on a very expensive granite flat table and space it up on 3 granite blocks and run across them with an indicator. You do get slight variance in thickness as all the C/F manufacturers give you a tolerance of +or- 5% of the thickness. I am not the only manufacturer who deals with these tolerances. They all have to. I am sorry if i am coming off as snappy but i do take offense to some of concerns i get on here sometimes. If i put out half the junk the other manufacturers put out, i would get hung out to dry. Everyone screams for innovation so i come out with all kinds of new things that no one else has the balls to try. Its different from the norm so my credibility gets questioned constantly. This kind of reaction makes me want to just put out the same kind of tired garbage you get from the rest. No one wants to figure anything out anymore. They just expect to bolt it on and be done. I think i may need to rethink my approach to all of this. Maybe following everyone else is what everyone wants? I just cant see boasting innovation when making a different color 25 year old part. Sorry for the rant but im really getting discouraged.
BMI Copperhead(and the guy driving it) won our 12th scale race yesterday, and it looked like it was on rails. Keep thinking outside the box. Your ideas on these pan cars are very innovating and have me interested in 12th scale again.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingKarate757
BMI Copperhead(and the guy driving it) won our 12th scale race yesterday, and it looked like it was on rails. Keep thinking outside the box. Your ideas on these pan cars are very innovating and have me interested in 12th scale again.
Sorry Jamison, I retired the CH12 until something is done about the front end flex plates. I ran the CEFX Griffin 12 (first time) yesterday and it ran great.

Jason, I wouldn't take anything people are saying on here as complaints. I don't know of any end-users who want to see you fail and nobody wants to buy your car only to have something on the car fail. Try to look at what people are saying as feedback or opportunities to make something better. It's your very own global research and development team.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

whats wrong with the flex plates
Old 11-28-2010, 07:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
Sorry Jamison, I retired the CH12 until something is done about the front end flex plates. I ran the CEFX Griffin 12 (first time) yesterday and it ran great.

Jason, I wouldn't take anything people are saying on here as complaints. I don't know of any end-users who want to see you fail and nobody wants to buy your car only to have something on the car fail. Try to look at what people are saying as feedback or opportunities to make something better. It's your very own global research and development team.
oops...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.