Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

AME T SHOX

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Hello Andreas
What are the spring rates for all the different springs for carpet and asphalt?
I have the complete set and would like to compare with yokomo and hpi spring rates.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Spillertwo
Hello Andreas
What are the spring rates for all the different springs for carpet and asphalt?
I have the complete set and would like to compare with yokomo and hpi spring rates.
+1
Old 01-31-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Red - a little softer than the old 2.4's
Yellow - similar to 2.5's
Green, slightly softer than the old 2.8's
Blue - slightly harder than 2.9

These are not scientifically tested numbers by the way, just from comparison pushing them against each other etc.

Skiddins
Old 01-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
+1
+2 ;-)
Old 01-31-2013, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

+3
Old 02-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

+ 4
Old 02-01-2013, 02:13 AM
Tech Adept

+ 5
Old 02-01-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Spring rates

In general I dont want to comment on the spring rates as it is extremely difficult to definitely compare different springs to each other, but of course to get an approximate rating is of course possible (when pushing them against each other)

I have designed and developed the springs for a long time and made 2 types.
Carpet Springs (soft and medium)
Asphalt Springs (soft and medium)

I wanted to help drivers who dont know what to use on different surfaces.
I have seen so many people using wrong springs /springrates on so many tracks just because they dont have the knowledge on what to use.

So with my springs it is easy. Use the Carpet ones on Carpet and Asphalt ones on Asphalt.

Very easy

Like with the Xray springs....does people know what to use on the different tracks? No...some of course, but most people don't.
With mine you cant go wrong really.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nico'
3/ then for this, and for missing parts 10042, or defective 10050, who should replace the parts please? you or RC market?
Please tell me, because I send the same message as quote to you and to RC market at the time and I don't know who is supposed to solve the problem please?

best regards and thank you for your reactivity,

Nicolas Rouland
Originally Posted by jorgesimes
Hi Nico, i think it should be rcmarket to stand behind warranty of the products they sell and then rcmarket should solve the problem with AME. This for sure should be the normal way, as any other transaction in your normal life.
I think Nicolas lives in France, Andreas in Germany, should be 2 days with normal posting times. Isn't that a lot faster and consumerfriendly than asking Nicolas to contact RC-market (not known for their fast costumerservice...) and hoping they have the needed parts in stock, wich offcourse they won't, so they will have to wait for Andreas to ship it to them... After all, this is clearly a problem for Andreas as he packs the boxes, right?
Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg
Spring rates

In general I dont want to comment on the spring rates as it is extremely difficult to definitely compare different springs to each other, but of course to get an approximate rating is of course possible (when pushing them against each other)

I have designed and developed the springs for a long time and made 2 types.
Carpet Springs (soft and medium)
Asphalt Springs (soft and medium)

I wanted to help drivers who dont know what to use on different surfaces.
I have seen so many people using wrong springs /springrates on so many tracks just because they dont have the knowledge on what to use.

So with my springs it is easy. Use the Carpet ones on Carpet and Asphalt ones on Asphalt.

Very easy

Like with the Xray springs....does people know what to use on the different tracks? No...some of course, but most people don't.
With mine you cant go wrong really.

So, what you are implying is that most racers are stupid? Or just uninformed?
Because I find that just the opposite. Most drivers that use aftermarket parts are usually very
Informed as to their setups. The fact that you are not aware or willing to disclose that information makes you sound quite arrogant and will turn many potential customers away.
Well, that and the quality issues that seem to be pushing them away already.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I do disagree, I didn't read it that way. Springs can quite difficult to compare like for like for a number of reasons. I find often that people are not sure what spring to run for a given situation. The top drivers do, but often mere mortals like myself are less sure.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hana166
I do disagree, I didn't read it that way. Springs can quite difficult to compare like for like for a number of reasons. I find often that people are not sure what spring to run for a given situation. The top drivers do, but often mere mortals like myself are less sure.
Most springs are rated in pounds (how many pounds it takes to compress a spring 1 inch) So by saying use my carpet or asphalt springs and you will be ok is not helping anyone. Its saying your not skilled enough to figure it out and buy my springs. It was and is arrogance on his part. Im not interested in getting into a long debate on springs but a simple answer of the spring rates in pounds or gfm would have probably been satisfactory. Not answering simple questions will chase prospective customers away. I was interested in these shocks however after the statements made I think I will pass.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Red face

Originally Posted by HawaiiBob
Most springs are rated in pounds (how many pounds it takes to compress a spring 1 inch) So by saying use my carpet or asphalt springs and you will be ok is not helping anyone. Its saying your not skilled enough to figure it out and buy my springs. It was and is arrogance on his part. Im not interested in getting into a long debate on springs but a simple answer of the spring rates in pounds or gfm would have probably been satisfactory. Not answering simple questions will chase prospective customers away. I was interested in these shocks however after the statements made I think I will pass.
+1.
I would like to know the spring rates. Thing is, I don't believe he knows!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matthijs
I think Nicolas lives in France, Andreas in Germany, should be 2 days with normal posting times. Isn't that a lot faster and consumerfriendly than asking Nicolas to contact RC-market (not known for their fast costumerservice...) and hoping they have the needed parts in stock, wich offcourse they won't, so they will have to wait for Andreas to ship it to them... After all, this is clearly a problem for Andreas as he packs the boxes, right?

Hi,

You' re right I leave in France, 50 km away from Germany.

I told you I would tell you the answer to my letter to RC market and Andreas Myberg.
RC market answered me quickly they asked the distributor to send parts to them and then they will send parts to me.
So it should be solved. thanks to them.

I wonder about something on set up given for T4 , some say "use the short hard rebound spring" but in TET-2 box there are short and extra short hard rebound springs and no long rebound springs.
So when people are talking about short spring, are they talking about the shorter one or the really short spring ( so longer than the other one)?

thanks,

Nico'
Old 02-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nico'
Hi,

You' re right I leave in France, 50 km away from Germany.

I told you I would tell you the answer to my letter to RC market and Andreas Myberg.
RC market answered me quickly they asked the distributor to send parts to them and then they will send parts to me.
So it should be solved. thanks to them.

I wonder about something on set up given for T4 , some say "use the short hard rebound spring" but in TET-2 box there are short and extra short hard rebound springs and no long rebound springs.
So when people are talking about short spring, are they talking about the shorter one or the really short spring ( so longer than the other one)?

thanks,

Nico'
Did you try the shocks on the t4 yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.