Search

Pipes for beginners

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imaxx21
VSpec and Speed are only 3 ports

and that would be why I ended my statement with "I Believe", which also translates to "I'm not sure"
Old 05-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
and that would be why I ended my statement with "I Believe", which also translates to "I'm not sure"
i thought people without first hand experience or an actual idea of how something truly worked shouldn't bother to post their opinion's? isn't that what you said to me? or was it your bum chum integra? i don't remember stupidity very well, sorry.

O/T anyone have experience/knowledge how that re-11 really is? what style of motor is it best suited for? can someone elaborate if these pipe charecteristic's that were outlined by jaz420 in an earlier post are correct? and do they apply to all motor's .21/.26/.28.30 etc....

thnx
Old 05-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madmaxx
i thought people without first hand experience or an actual idea of how something truly worked shouldn't bother to post their opinion's? isn't that what you said to me? or was it your bum chum integra? i don't remember stupidity very well, sorry.

excuse me ?
Old 05-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Lord

I was actually trying to help, as I know the Re-11 gets 12+ minute run times on a V-spec..I have not cut it open to see what's inside though, nor have I tried it on any other engine so I would not give out that kind of answer..if you just want to fight..take it somewhere else, some of us are actually trying to help and can do without the wise-ass comments
Old 05-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I was actually trying to help, as I know the Re-11 gets 12+ minute run times on a V-spec..I have not cut it open to see what's inside though, nor have I tried it on any other engine so I would not give out that kind of answer..if you just want to fight..take it somewhere else, some of us are actually trying to help and can do without the wise-ass comments
i wasn't being a smart @sz; just speaking to you with the same lack of intelligence and ignorance as you were to me.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Dude you need to settle down Nick is a good guy. Ive met him and chances are even though your insulting him he would still give you a hand if you needed it.
The re-11 is a 2050 copy, and its not like an 086 or 053, It is a bottom to mid range pipe made to complement the OS vspec motors
FYI all pipes are different some may be close but depending on the engine they are on they will perform different.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+1
Old 05-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks Jazz and Haul'n!
Old 05-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Lord

i wasn't being a smart @sz; just speaking to you with the same lack of intelligence and ignorance as you were to me.
Can you point That out to me, as to where I spoke to you like you were stupid and I was ignorant?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I'll be damn'd I passed on this information about the V-specs being 3-ports and look at what I got back in my face

"FEATURES: Hardened, chrome-plated, 4-port, cylinder and liner for high durability and long life"

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGPF0&P=ML
Old 05-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deznuts05
Well I'll be damn'd I passed on this information about the V-specs being 3-ports and look at what I got back in my face

"FEATURES: Hardened, chrome-plated, 4-port, cylinder and liner for high durability and long life"

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGPF0&P=ML
OS counts the exhaust port as a port. V-spec based engines are actually only 3 port engines. I have had this discussion with many people before as to why anyone would count the exhaust as a port and we all came up with nothing. So to end the confusion the v-spec and speed engines are truly 3 port engines. If you have ever seen a v-spec sleeve you would know it is a 3 port.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for clearing that up!

Rudy Diaz
Old 05-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

O/T anyone have experience/knowledge how that re-11 really is? what style of motor is it best suited for? can someone elaborate if these pipe charecteristic's that were outlined by jaz420 in an earlier post are correct? and do they apply to all motor's .21/.26/.28.30 etc....

thnx
The RE11 is an OS 2050. Nothing else. It is not a 053 or 086 based pipe. This pipe is designed by os for os engines. It is particularly suited to the v-spec and considered by many to be the best pipe for the standard v-spec. It is a bottom to midrange pipe from my experience. I don't know how it would run on a non OS engine, as I have never seen it.

Oh yeah quit being a D-bag. Jaz was only trying to help, and I don't see any of this stupdity you speak of. If you don't want people's info, don't ask questions. It's that simple.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

thnx for the input on the re-11

my word's are warranted and were only said to prove a point. check how/what your boy's are posting and you will see what i mean, unless they went back and eddited their post's of course? which i can almost guarantee you they did. you yourself have also replied to a few of my post's in the same manner.

anyways back on topic

can someone reccomend a pipe for the new LRP 30x? it is a 7 port BB so i was thinking a mid to high pipe?

thnx
Old 05-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

thnx for the input on the re-11

my word's are warranted and were only said to prove a point. check how/what your boy's are posting and you will see what i mean, unless they went back and eddited their post's of course? which i can almost guarantee you they did. you yourself have also replied to a few of my post's in the same manner.

anyways back on topic

can someone reccomend a pipe for the new LRP 30x? it is a 7 port BB so i was thinking a mid to high pipe?

thnx
Pretty much any big engine(especially an overly huge one like that) needs a top end pipe.