Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trash It Or UpGrade it

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Trash It Or UpGrade it

Well heres the deal i currently have a kyosho inferno with the stock .28 engine im currently in iraq and unstopable here but i know as soon as i get back to the states my inferno wont hold up to any of the compitition so my question is do i upgrade or do i trash it and use it for parts..... so if i upgrade it what do i need to upgrade on it and to what? and if i trash it what should be the replacement????
Old 03-04-2009, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

upgrade to the WC parts and run a .21(cause .28's are illegal at any big race) plus it's too much for a buggy or if you have to have the latest and greatest get an MP9
Old 03-04-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Rookie

do you have a recomendation for a .21 engine??
Old 03-04-2009, 03:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Loganr888
do you have a recomendation for a .21 engine??
Oh no, you didn't have to ask, did you? Thease guys are going to tear you up for asking. Hint, what price range?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Loganr888
im currently in iraq and unstopable here but i know as soon as i get back to the states my inferno wont hold up to any of the compitition
So, do you guys have a track over there, and are you guys actually racing? If so I'd like to see some pictures of that!

And if you want to upgrade the inferno, I think it will cost a bit just to get it up to WC status. even then your still driving an older car which eventually will get harder to find parts for. With the prices of kits right now, I'd look into buying a new one. I know the D8's a good buy, aswell as the MBX-6. But if your willing to part with the loot, an Xray 808 is the best car, and second to none.

you could sell your inferno, and possibly make the money needed for a new engine.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

you would most likely better off getting a good used full competition kit if you plan on racing, it would cost alot if you bought all the parts to upgrade the car you are running now
Old 03-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I am glad you guys get to have a little fun over there, that's cool
Old 03-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default Trash It

I still have a Kyosho US sports inferno truggy and I have stuffed many hundreds and hundreds or dollars into this thing only to break another part. it always seemed like every time I replaced a part with a stronger upgrade it broke somewhere else. I did shocks, universal front, rear and center, alum radio posts, alum chassis braces front and rear, engine, quick engine mount. I blew the stock .28 near the beginning and replaced it with an OS .30vg and then a Jammin .28 and finally a picco .21. The .21 gave the best balance of power and balance. I changed gears and was going to upgrade to the ST-RR chassis when the gears blew again. A LHS owner made me a smoking deal on a Losi 8T. I raced that for a season and now have recently upgraded to the 8T 2.0. I have never looked back. I am just an intermediate level club racer, but the extra money spent on a competent race roller is well worth its weight n gold. It doesn't really matter what brand you go with, the pro level kits are just that much better. 100% worth it in my opinion. As far as engine do yourself a favor and spend around 300 for something Italian, GRP, Nova Rossi, Ninja(even though its OS based), RB, Sirio... Any of these will do just fine check out this page at amainhobbies,com.

Anyway are you the guys that got some coverage in one of the RC magazines recently. That article was great. You guys seem to be really dedicated and having fun and thats what this hobby is all about... FUN some guys have lost that somewhere. Best of luck to you.