Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anselskho
Hi folks, I am trying to get one TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 kit, but heard that there is a new version will be coming up soon, is it the case?
PM Hacker07
Old 03-19-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by poolebay
Thank you for the explanation Ryan. How can you tell if a kit has the old or new body in it? We're thinking about buying another kit so that we can replace the 1.0 RTR and stop the fighting between my son and I over the 2.0

The RTR can then become a donor for spares. Not that we've needed anything major in the last year. It amounts to one servo horn and one replacement body. Your products are fantastic. Thank you.
There really isn't a way as it was a running change to the body and thus worked its way to the kits. Sorry.

Originally Posted by anselskho
Hi folks, I am trying to get one TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 kit, but heard that there is a new version will be coming up soon, is it the case?
The SCTE 2.0 is the most current 4wd sc we have. We are NOT working on a new one at this time. I have ideas of a lot of stuff I would like to do/try but its not in the hopper right now. We still feel this is the best vehicle and best value of any of the 4wd SC's on the market today and we are still winning a majority of the races out there with it.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Looking for tips

So the boys finally let me race my 2.0. I set up the my 4.5 550 thunder power motor to 0 on the can and my rx8 gen 2 to profile 4. Diffs are at 5-7-5. I wasn't able to hit this triple at hot rod hobbies last night, like a buddy of mine running a pro4 4600. I'm running 13t pinion and stock spur gear. Looking to get a little more out of this motor. Any tips would be most appreciated. What u suggest BCS Flash? Or any other racer running similar set up. Please advise

Old 03-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nEoNidas
So the boys finally let me race my 2.0. I set up the my 4.5 550 thunder power motor to 0 on the can and my rx8 gen 2 to profile 4. Diffs are at 5-7-5. I wasn't able to hit this triple at hot rod hobbies last night, like a buddy of mine running a pro4 4600. I'm running 13t pinion and stock spur gear. Looking to get a little more out of this motor. Any tips would be most appreciated. What u suggest BCS Flash? Or any other racer running similar set up. Please advise

First concern is why you put the timing on the can to 0?
Also, 80% of the time I run a 12t pinion with 40t spur(stock). The only time I go up to 13 is if the track if fairly wide open.
I have also always ran about 20 degrees of timing on the can. You have to remember, 2-pole motors like timing. From past experience, you can go from feeling your car is "slow" to incredibly quick by adding some timing.
My personal advice is to put the can to 20 degrees and and try it or put a 12t pinion on to try.
I run mine with an Orion R10pro, which has a "boost"(low end) and "turbo"(top end, realize when I say what these settings do, it is by what I "feel" when I change them.) settings which I realize are different from the RX8. I generally run a decent amount of boost and turbo in the esc.
I know maddog and BCSFlash both have experience trying to make the 4.5t thunder power work with the RX8, and from what I had seen, struggled to do so. They may have found some settings comparable to running the r10pro, but not sure if they ever got it to where the r10pro is.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MonsterSummit
Also, 80% of the time I run a 12t pinion with 40t spur(stock). The only time I go up to 13 is if the track if fairly wide open.
I have also always ran about 20 degrees of timing on the can. You have to remember, 2-pole motors like timing. From past experience, you can go from feeling your car is "slow" to incredibly quick by adding some timing.
My personal advice is to put the can to 20 degrees and and try it or put a 12t pinion on to try.
I run mine with an Orion R10pro, which has a "boost"(low end) and "turbo"(top end, realize when I say what these settings do, it is by what I "feel" when I change them.) settings which I realize are different from the RX8. I generally run a decent amount of boost and turbo in the esc.
I know maddog and BCSFlash both have experience trying to make the 4.5t thunder power work with the RX8, and from what I had seen, struggled to do so. They may have found some settings comparable to running the r10pro, but not sure if they ever got it to where the r10pro is.
Newman the r10 has been much better, the combo has been a missile. Tekin had told me to turn the can to 0 and run profile 4. The combo was semi comparable on the bottom but was a dog on the top end. I turned the can up to 15 and went to a 14t pinion, but still couldn't get the power achieved while running the r10 pro and 4.5t thunderpower.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

So Maddog leans towards the r10, I'm going to try the 20degrees of timing with the 12t pinion next time out, see what happens. I put the can at 0 after reading tips on here, thought I might have been doing something wrong. Waiting on BCS's input too. This forum is absolutely amazing. I can picture just hanging out, having a beer, and talking about toys. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nEoNidas
So Maddog leans towards the r10, I'm going to try the 20degrees of timing with the 12t pinion next time out, see what happens. I put the can at 0 after reading tips on here, thought I might have been doing something wrong. Waiting on BCS's input too. This forum is absolutely amazing. I can picture just hanging out, having a beer, and talking about toys. Thanks.
BSCFlash will tell you the same thing. Hes running the r10 with the thunderpower. We run the same exact setups.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

MUCH better with the Orion. Not even close! Was a turd with the Tekin, no top-end speed. We did a HUGE amount of testing. Do what MonsterSummit and MadDog say, they dominate the local scene with that setup. I'm just an old hack with great equipment!
Old 03-19-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Most everyone I have know that have gone between the RX8 and the Orion have said the RX8 produces more power but that is here in So Cal.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

What place has the best deal on the truck??
Old 03-20-2014, 03:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casper
Most everyone I have know that have gone between the RX8 and the Orion have said the RX8 produces more power but that is here in So Cal.
Casper, I like the Tekin/Tekin setup as mentioned in my signature (I have BOTH combinations, as my signature shows). But for the 2-pole, we tested everything possible with the Orion and the RX8. As MS mentioned, the settings on the Orion give us the top end we want with the 12 gearing. Maddog and MS dominate the local scene with this combination.

With the RX8, though, we just can't it from "feeling like a turd" with the 2-pole. We even called Tekin to get their settings--and as Maddog mentioned, but it just didn't compare with the Orion, performance wise.

Please give us any secrets you know of in regards to the RX8 settings. Would love to hear from Randy Pike if he's sees this thread as well. My only beef with the Orion is that we've blown up three of these darn things! The RX8 seems to be bulletproof, though.

P.S. ... we love your grease!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You guys should try the Novak Activ8. Massive power for both 2 pole and 4 pole motors. I've run mine in my SCTE for 2 years and it's killer.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

getting a lot of wobble from one of my wheels
it doesn't appear to be the shaft could it be the way the hex is installed.
and if so what is the best way to align them.
thanks
mike
Old 03-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 68sportcoup
thanks
mike
Chances are, you tweaked the wheel itself. Some wheels are more prone to this but it does happen.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 68sportcoup
thanks
mike
Are you sure the wheel is not bent? This happens from time to time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.