Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cleaning rc buggy.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (88%+)

What about tires? Anyway to get the dirt off those?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhipps835
Take a scrub brush and mount it upside down in a plastic Tupperware or glad container and fill with water and simple green
Old 09-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Take a scrub brush and mount it upside down in a plastic Tupperware or glad container and fill with water and simple green
Old 09-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i just put the tire under the water and get it wet, spray simple green all around it, and scrub it with a toothbrush. then rinse it off and then wrap it in a towel and sorta hit the tire against your other hand and it will get ALL the water out of the little crevaces
Old 09-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I mount them to my savage when i get home or when ive got a couple dirty set's buggy or truggy....go out in the yard....blast the hose on a patch of grass and drive back and forth 5-10 time's over the wet patch then drive on the dry for a couple seconds then dismount and wipe off.....i could care less to get out the scrub brush and get scrubbing...imo this way takes 1/10 the effort and gives me a chance to piss off the neighbor's as i never drive my race rigs at home....and reasoning for the savage is the fact that MT push themselves and truggy/buggy's pull themselves.....therefor the MT can push all 4 wheels the same speed...there for cleaning all 4 tire's....with a bug trug they tend to diff out to the front in the grass and your rear tire's are left still dirty....once done i just wipe them off with a cloth and use a compressor to blast the inside of the rim and wipe off the excess...tire's are UBER sticky like they were brand new....and No harsh softening chemical's were used...all water.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:47 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
I mount them to my savage when i get home or when ive got a couple dirty set's buggy or truggy....go out in the yard....blast the hose on a patch of grass and drive back and forth 5-10 time's over the wet patch then drive on the dry for a couple seconds then dismount and wipe off.....i could care less to get out the scrub brush and get scrubbing...imo this way takes 1/10 the effort and gives me a chance to piss off the neighbor's as i never drive my race rigs at home....and reasoning for the savage is the fact that MT push themselves and truggy/buggy's pull themselves.....therefor the MT can push all 4 wheels the same speed...there for cleaning all 4 tire's....with a bug trug they tend to diff out to the front in the grass and your rear tire's are left still dirty....once done i just wipe them off with a cloth and use a compressor to blast the inside of the rim and wipe off the excess...tire's are UBER sticky like they were brand new....and No harsh softening chemical's were used...all water.

thats good, except when you race on sundays. b/c surely the mrs made you mow the lawn on saturday and thus the evening dew + cut grass makes another mess lol

R
Old 09-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
thats good, except when you race on sundays. b/c surely the mrs made you mow the lawn on saturday and thus the evening dew + cut grass makes another mess lol

R

Not if you bag it.

the compressor takes care of the loose cutting's and they Fly right off.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What about the guys that pull there radio tray
and throw there car in the dishwasher. I always
L.M.A.O. thinking about the ars chewing they get
from there wives (g.f. or moms). I wonder if Cascade
really doesn't leave water spots? Does the water come
out of the bearings in the dry cycle? Ha!Ha!Ha!.........
Old 09-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)
Thumbs up ENGINE CLEANING?

What do you guys do about cleaning engines that have gunk all around them, i have heard many different ways so what do you guys do when it gets pulled out of the chassis?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
What do you guys do about cleaning engines that have gunk all around them, i have heard many different ways so what do you guys do when it gets pulled out of the chassis?

i have a bottle of Methyl hydrate alcohol in a spray bottle i spray the motor/clutch down with and use a compressor to get most of the alcohol off then i use a paint brush to make sure its minty clean...a clean motor is a happy motor....after every event/day of running i pull my motor and inspect for anything out of the ordinary.

For a Real Good cleaning paint brush...DONT cheap out and spend 2$ at the dollar store....a 20-30$ Professional brush will last Light year's longer then those POS dollar store or cheap 1 time use brush's Ever will.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)
Default .

This is probably a dumb question but what is methl hydrate? And do you delute it to a certain ratio? Thanks
Old 09-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

i never hit my savage with water. only when im driving it in puddles... i usually use just simple green (when i can find it haha) and air compressor...... thats it.. my air filter i have some 20% traxxas fuel from my first gallon since its shitty gas anyways i take some time and clean them in that, since im running 33% XP fuel.

i just had my truck apart a couple months ago and it was over at a friends house and he was running it in some dust but thats it, just needs to be blown off.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

for tires a quick way to do it is get the tread wet, then spray it off with the air comp. takes 2 min to do a set of tires if your slow this way