Community
Wiki Posts
Search

whats going on with losi?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Yeah, I'm for sure not drinking the Losi kool-aid anytime soon. Not impressed with the wear and tear issues on the 8ight models nor the replacement cost. RTR market is at the back of the line. Some real question marks....
It's a good ride for some but not myself.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How did this get turned into a which is better thread? It really amazes me how that happens around here. Hotbodies is the best for sure.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

It doesn't bother me which is best or not.I'm like everyone else, I choose what I want to run not what someone suggest. I can speak from much knowledge and I'm sure no one would want to hear it. No one makes a perfect car and I'm sure were all mature enough to admit that.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank L
Losi is on a mission to corner the market such that you will not have to buy from another company. i.e. their titanium 8 parts. I think the new buggy will just appeal to the basher who just wants an inexpensive buggy and dosent want a race maching. I think losi dosent want you to ever have to go to another mfg to get whatever it is that you want. Just my 2 cents.
Frank, While I agree that this is what they are trying to do, they must fix quality control issues before it will actually work. I'm not speaking of racing but RC as a whole which is where the money actually is. Losi doesn't produce anything RTR that can't be had else where and probably at a cheaper price. If we need to clarify vehicles we can and I can give you a listing of what problems exist. Our Horizon returns are triple of any other distributor and is 80% Losi products.
Losi Strike: People look at others for Corr truck needs.
Losi RTR buggy: To expensive for what most RTR folks are looking for.
Losi RTR electric trucks: Can't believe I'm going to say this but they can't compete with what Traxxas offers as this is a catagory they focus on.
Losi XXL: Possibly the worst monster on the market with the highest price tag.
Losi Aftershock: Needs alot of help out of the box.
Losi Ten T: No market for it. Bad electric start gears and ROSS system right from the box.
And with all this, the junk just keeps coming.
The best release from Losi has been the Night Crawler. Good price and good performance but crawling isn't what it was 2 years ago.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Greg B
Frank, While I agree that this is what they are trying to do, they must fix quality control issues before it will actually work. I'm not speaking of racing but RC as a whole which is where the money actually is. Losi doesn't produce anything RTR that can't be had else where and probably at a cheaper price. If we need to clarify vehicles we can and I can give you a listing of what problems exist. Our Horizon returns are triple of any other distributor and is 80% Losi products.
Losi Strike: People look at others for Corr truck needs.
Losi RTR buggy: To expensive for what most RTR folks are looking for.
Losi RTR electric trucks: Can't believe I'm going to say this but they can't compete with what Traxxas offers as this is a catagory they focus on.
Losi XXL: Possibly the worst monster on the market with the highest price tag.
Losi Aftershock: Needs alot of help out of the box.
Losi Ten T: No market for it. Bad electric start gears and ROSS system right from the box.
And with all this, the junk just keeps coming.
The best release from Losi has been the Night Crawler. Good price and good performance but crawling isn't what it was 2 years ago.

Damn, I guess people should buy Hotbodies stuff instead. LMAO Have fun with the rubber arms and atrocious quality driveshafts.

Losi makes what are considered the best 1/8 scale RTR vehicles on the market. Sure you'll pay for them, but you get what you pay for. Included starter box, awesome radio, race legal engines, etc... Some people gladly pay for those features. Some people won't. That's why they released this new buggy to be a more affordable option.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I think their 2.0 8 Truggy RTR package is as good as it gets. Aside from that one, the others are pretty disappointing to the markets they're trying to appeal to. Even the Night Crawler is in the shadows of the Axial RTC and RTRs.

Isn't the 810 completely different from the 8ight buggy? I thought it was physically smaller (like 9th scale ) and basically a blown up TenT platform. Very confusing marketing. I'm not even sure what demographic that particular vehicle is targeting. Weird... I think Horizon should just stick to using the Losi name for dedicated racing products. The losi name has definitely lost some of the prestige it once had.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Damn, I guess people should buy Hotbodies stuff instead. LMAO Have fun with the rubber arms and atrocious quality driveshafts.

Losi makes what are considered the best 1/8 scale RTR vehicles on the market. Sure you'll pay for them, but you get what you pay for. Included starter box, awesome radio, race legal engines, etc... Some people gladly pay for those features. Some people won't. That's why they released this new buggy to be a more affordable option.
Who in the Samuel hell said anything about Hot Bodies. I hope you enjoy saying it as it doesn't bother me as I don't even have one. You sound like a kid who is ate up with stupid. One day you will learn that the grass isn't just green on the Losi side.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by makaluch
I think their 2.0 8 Truggy RTR package is as good as it gets. Aside from that one, the others are pretty disappointing to the markets they're trying to appeal to. Even the Night Crawler is in the shadows of the Axial RTC and RTRs.

Isn't the 810 completely different from the 8ight buggy? I thought it was physically smaller (like 9th scale ) and basically a blown up TenT platform. Very confusing marketing. I'm not even sure what demographic that particular vehicle is targeting. Weird... I think Horizon should just stick to using the Losi name for dedicated racing products. The losi name has definitely lost some of the prestige it once had.
It's a new smaller scale machine. Falls in the footsteps of the Ten T. It actually falls in a market where there isn't one. They are looking at the RTR crowd which is where the money actually is. If you're depending on making good money from the racers, good luck. Losi needs to get back to the basics. Sure you SOMETIMES get what you pay for but most would rather upgrade as money permits rather than spend it all at one time.
When Horizon took over Losi, it hurt the product name and it's showing.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I actully disagree. Losi is on there game for Buggy and truggy. two very popular vehicles. I just switched over to losi from AE which i ahve been with for 4 years and am more than pleased.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Greg B
Who in the Samuel hell said anything about Hot Bodies. I hope you enjoy saying it as it doesn't bother me as I don't even have one. You sound like a kid who is ate up with stupid. One day you will learn that the grass isn't just green on the Losi side.
Not ONLY green on the Losi side, but green on the Losi side none the less.

As rider said, losi is in fact very much on their game as far as 1/8 scale is concerned. You can complain all you want, but one thing will remain true. Losi is a VERY serious player in 1/8 scale off-road.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

I agree, never said anything about the Race Rollers as the topic was about the new RTR buggy.