Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 09:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions??

Hi all! Long time reader, first time poster.

Ran my B5M up at LSR Speedway in Sacramento, CA this past Saturday and had an issue with the turnbuckles. I'm running the JConcepts titanium turnbuckles and when I was trying to make camber adjustments, with every turn of the wrench, the ballcups kept popping off of their mounts. Make a quarter turn, pop goes the ballcup. It got to the point where I had to take them totally off, make the adjustments, and pop them back on.

When I first installed them, made sure there were no stiction issues and they freely moved. They move freely, but for something as simple as camber adjustments, they move too freely?

Any ideas on how to remedy this? Thank you in advance.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Check first page of the thread for turnbuckles suggestions.
Pinching the ball cup with the ball stud in place works good for me. Also cleaning the inside of the ballcups helped mine a lot.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I tried my RM car a few weeks ago. After driving MM for a while, it was no so much fun. Still competitive for sure. The B5M light will be a god send for the B5M in stock. It was save racers a grip of cash.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Quartermouse

Ran my B5M up at LSR Speedway in Sacramento, CA this past Saturday and had an issue with the turnbuckles. I'm running the JConcepts titanium turnbuckles and when I was trying to make camber adjustments, with every turn of the wrench, the ballcups kept popping off of their mounts. Make a quarter turn, pop goes the ballcup. It got to the point where I had to take them totally off, make the adjustments, and pop them back on.

When I first installed them, made sure there were no stiction issues and they freely moved. They move freely, but for something as simple as camber adjustments, they move too freely?

lube the threads and run them in and out a few times. you just need to break in the threads on the cups. chapstick or grease work great on the threads
Old 02-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quartermouse

I had a similar problem with a few of mine. I took the ball cups completely off and put some oil inside then threaded it back on. Shock oil works well too. That solved the problem for me.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
you not digging the MM huh?
I actually like all of my cars, but for different track conditions. Right now the TLR is not the best since the track has become really rutted out. TLRs generally like way smoother high flowing tracks, and the AEs seem to work better on not so ideal surfaces.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

you not digging the MM huh?
I have both TLR RM and MM cars. Just sold one MM cause I have too many. But anyways back to shock packages and front clips, what's been working well for not so ideal track surfaces? Still high grip clay, just bumpy as all hell.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cridd
No, most shorty. Square is too heavy. I don't even see people running saddles which are a little less then square.
Fast dude in stock at LRH runs square and pulled the first 16 lap run in stock buggy last week. His secret? He drives smooth and consistent. He doesn't care about weight, he gears correctly, and his car is the bomb there. I will be running saddles since I don't have a square pack yet.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Nice. Did David Joor and Ron atomic come out? I am told they have been running the b5m and the yz2 on that track.
They were out the previous week running the yz2. They got them going pretty good. Ron won Stock that week and Joor was 2nd behind myself in Mod.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Wow that track looks really awesome. Do you guys run slicks on that track? The B5 looked dialed and made the quad with ease.
Normally have to start out with a scrubbed set of electrons, Then as the groove comes up, I switch to primes, All in MC Compound.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
I actually like all of my cars, but for different track conditions. Right now the TLR is not the best since the track has become really rutted out. TLRs generally like way smoother high flowing tracks, and the AEs seem to work better on not so ideal surfaces.
ok, I can tell you a few things I was doing on my B5RM.

1.4 oz lead under the rack. the car is too light in the front and likes to wheelie.

+3mm Trailing. This seemed to add some steering. I also ran the 2mm axles space in front of the front hubs. This moved the wheels back a little and again helped keep more weight over the front wheels.

I never ever ran a square pack, but I tried a set of saddles once, but quickly gave up on that, as it felt very sluggish. And liked to slap out on jumps.

I ran 1.6 pistons front and rear with 2 limiters front and 1 limiter in the rear. with green springs all around. If you run the saddles, you might need to go white/white. I ran 32.5/30 oils.

I ran the 3-2 rear squat block, but in the future I would go with the 2.5-2 for high bite tracks. The car has a ton of forward bite and really could do with a little less.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
Normally have to start out with a scrubbed set of electrons, Then as the groove comes up, I switch to primes, All in MC Compound.
Now you guys need to bring John Hale out of rc retirement, lol. I do miss racing in texas.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

lube the threads and run them in and out a few times. you just need to break in the threads on the cups. chapstick or grease work great on the threads
Chapstick works the VERY best! (or bees wax)
Old 02-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bilster44
Chapstick works the VERY best! (or bees wax)
yeah, I was using some pinapple chapstick. But the car smelled fruity, lol. Looking at getting a block of beeswax next
Old 02-23-2015, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys, anyone install a Revolution Design Front Bulkhead??? I just got the Brass one, but cant find instructions on how to set up for 25* or 30* with the inserts (I need 25*), wrote to them but have not heard back. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.