Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Reedy Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I know the TAOB guys were there in full force filming so I'm sure Izzy will be putting together a DVD soon. Shane should have a bunch up soon and there were quite a few other people there filming. I'm sure it'll start showing up soon.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:40 AM
R/C Tech Founder

My long term plan is to put together a DVD just to see how it will look and what it takes. That will be a long way off, though. I've been so busy that I haven't captured any of the footage to the computer yet at all... with a 90 minute commute to and from work, and already lacking in sleep after my trip and the Reedy Race, it's been tough.

Things should start showing up here later this week or over the weekend.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

wow.... 90 minute commute!
great job on the coverage, shane... im sure when you do have a chance to get it rolling, it will be top-notch, as always!
Old 06-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Barry Baker will this set up work only on the reedy 19 t or will it work on other 19t motors
This is the way I set up the TQ's motor(EJ Evans).......

Reedy 766 brushes......on the positve side it was a plus cut(vertical and horizonal)......on the negitive side just a vertical slot(polarity brushes I call them...plus and minus)...Blackstock and I came up with this set up at the Novak race....

Reedy copper head springs bent to 180 degees both sides works the best...

hope that helps all of you,

Barry
Old 06-02-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Reedy Race Open Results

The results and lap times have been posted for the mains:

Open Spec and Mod Final Results
Old 06-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
My long term plan is to put together a DVD just to see how it will look and what it takes. That will be a long way off, though. I've been so busy that I haven't captured any of the footage to the computer yet at all... with a 90 minute commute to and from work, and already lacking in sleep after my trip and the Reedy Race, it's been tough.

Things should start showing up here later this week or over the weekend.
shane.. maybe you can work with izzy and create a 2-disc extended version DVD? kinda like those lord of the rings dvds that come out.

btw...izzy will be coming out with a dvd. stay tuned.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Barry Baker
This is the way I set up the TQ's motor(EJ Evans).......

Reedy 766 brushes......on the positve side it was a plus cut(vertical and horizonal)......on the negitive side just a vertical slot(polarity brushes I call them...plus and minus)...Blackstock and I came up with this set up at the Novak race....

Reedy copper head springs bent to 180 degees both sides works the best...

hope that helps all of you,

Barry
Thanks Barry!! the plus minus worked great!

BTW: Thanks for going minus 2 plus 2 on the golf course. LOL that worked great for me also!!

You can use a dremel with a fine cutting tool to make the slits.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by jkerr0043
I know the TAOB guys were there in full force filming...
Yup we were there alright IN FULL FORCE(I like the term John... ) Like I told the guys; even if we didn't get to race, we'll make sure to be involved in it somehow...

I took 3 hours of footage myself(was in charge of Saturday filming)... finished watching all 3 60-min tapes and there was no instance that I got bored... so it should be good...

BTW, J Kerr... I got some sweet pics of your car in your heat... that body you used is good for the camera! Stands out nice...
Old 06-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by eeyan
Yup we were there alright IN FULL FORCE(I like the term John... ) Like I told the guys; even if we didn't get to race, we'll make sure to be involved in it somehow...

I took 3 hours of footage myself(was in charge of Saturday filming)... finished watching all 3 60-min tapes and there was no instance that I got bored... so it should be good...

BTW, J Kerr... I got some sweet pics of your car in your heat... that body you used is good for the camera! Stands out nice...
Hey, Ian...I was in the Cmain. Someone took my out after the first lap. Do you have that race on tape. That was the same main John Kerr was in. I'd like to know who it was.

Thanks,
Oliver
Old 06-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by DOTMAN
Hey, Ian...I was in the Cmain. Someone took my out after the first lap. Do you have that race on tape. That was the same main John Kerr was in. I'd like to know who it was.

Thanks,
Oliver
Hey remember-revenge is bittersweet!!
Old 06-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

me...I'm not a vengeful person...I just want to know who it was. It helps to know who you can race close with and who you can't
Old 06-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ian, I can't wait to see those. Email me some copies if you get a chance. [email protected]

Oliver- I got punted at the start and then again half way through. I don't think I hit you at all. I was kind of a ping pong ball in the hairpin on the start.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Last edited by rayhuang; 06-02-2004 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Ian, I can't wait to see those. Email me some copies if you get a chance. [email protected]

Oliver- I got punted at the start and then again half way through. I don't think I hit you at all. I was kind of a ping pong ball in the hairpin on the start.
Hey, John...I think I know who it was and it wasn't you. It's just a shame to have spent four days at a track preparing for one race only to have someone end your weekend after one lap.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayhuang
Me too-I try and race fair, but I have to say-if I get shoved hard on the first lap-I will shove back!!
you know what they say "Nice guys finish last". I was respectful of the other drivers and lifted going into the first and second turns to avoid hitting anyone and I get broke by someone who didn't give a rats xxx and finished of course...LAST

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.