Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
I pre ordered mine, but I feel I pulled the trigger too fast. I just don't think the T4 is ready yet. Claims of hundreds of hours of testing, odd setups, and I'm just not seeing the results at the track. I have a feeling there are going to be changes. My predictions are chassis, bumper, steering rack and motor mount changes. Pivot ball toe block as an option. I foresee this is going to cost me. time will tell.
Your assumptions and inaccuracies will cost you 10x more than the T4 will. Just drive the damn thing! You know the car is going o be Badass, that is why you bought another one.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've no doubt that many hours were put into this car and personally, given how little time was had with the production cars I think the results were better than I would have expected. I may be wrong but I'd guess the final version is an amalgam of ideas from many of their top driver so while Paul L, or any one driver may have had input it isn't as though they could pull the car out of the box and it would be perfect for them without some tinkering. Name one car on the market that doesn't need tuned to the driver. Locally, at the club level Xrays clean house which is the only thing relevant to me since I don't race with Paul L or any of the team drivers. I'm looking forward to making a switch from Associated to Xray. Not because there is anything wrong with the Associated but I appreciate the steps Xray takes to evolve and improve their product.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Getting fidgety waiting for my T4 now ;-)

As for Volker winning the IIC, he wins almost everything TC on carpet including all but one round of the ETS, beating the likes of Rheinard.
On carpet he is almost unstopable (apart from one round of the ETS on carpet, won by Hagberg)
Old 10-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Initiate

I am also waiting for my T4. It should be in my hands still this week
Old 10-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I foresee none of the above after running last week and seeing how fast Drew Ellis and Paul were after building their cars at the track and a few days before. Everyone is talking about how come Paul wasnt as fast as Volker.....Go look at Andrew Hardman and Drew ellis who didnt run there cars before the event except to set trim and such. They both made the A main in 2 classes with their cars. Not a bad debut in my opinion.

Abosutely nothing wrong with bumper, steering rack, motor mount or anything else. There will be an optional motor mount but that has been planned from the start. They may offer a thinner chassis but I have not heard yet.

Toe blocks will never happen per Xray. Simply not needed, more expensive to the end user and no performance advantage that they have found when testing them.

EA

cant wait to get mine it looks to be the best xray to date
Old 10-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Having a good night
Old 10-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ebisschop
Having a good night
Jealous!!! Why can't I live in Europe and get the newest Xray kits first and be able to race in the ETS??
Old 10-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

^^^ +1. I usually procrastinate and end up losing out til the second or third batch. This time I jumped on the preorder so I can get my hands on one of these beautiful machines early to get testing.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Waiting for the T4 is like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOTDn2A7hcY

Steve Martin's "The phone book is here"

As in the excitement he shows.... greeting the the delivery guy when your T4 shows up... (Just to clear...)

Or like my Avatar... Just busting out with joy.... (So they are joy to me.... )

Old 10-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well I hope your right Artwork. I love many features of the T4. I do hope to see a few things as option parts and continued development as needed. I think many are skeptical, because of the available chassis flex and I think people have legitimate concerns. As I said time will tell, but It would appear to be pretty stiff.

Originally Posted by artwork
You guys kill me...Paul did not win IIC last year either but the T3 2012 has turned out to be a great car. Paul has been running a T4 prototype for a long time, he just put the production kit together at the race. These guys at the top build new cars all of the time for big races as the plastics and chassis do tend to wear out over time when running modified week in and week out.

There is not car on the market that gets more design attention and prototype testing than the Xray. You guys can pretend that the car is not ready, but it honestly looked very good by the end of Vegas. If you consider the limited track time you get in Vegas I would say they made the car look very good in a very short amount of time. Ronald and Keven have been running their current cars for quite some time and this was the first race with the production kit for quite a few of the top Xray drivers.

You guys are missing the biggest point, which is that it takes more than just a great car to win these events. A lot of stuff has to come together to beat someone like Ronald. Paul is a very good driver, but so is Ronald and Keven. It just does not make sense that you guys determine how good a car is based on the results from one race weekend. It makes me think you guys know less about competitive racing then I thought.

If you think the car is not ready then don't buy one...but when you are getting your asses handed to you at your local track by T4's you can switch back and realized all you did was blow a bunch of money to find out you were wrong. Good drivers will figure out a way to go fast regardless of what car they are driving. If you think a T4 will make you a better driver then I have sad news for you, because that is not how it works.

I am not a team driver for Xray and I do not represent Xray in any way other then being a consumer, but I think that Xray is listening to the industry and is making the changes they feel need to be made. I think it will be a very good car once people start running it and figuring out the setup.

Passing judgment before the car even hits the streets in just dumb and irresponsible.

Stop filling this thread with inaccuracies and speculations that are totally unfounded!

Last edited by RCknight; 10-08-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

With the new lower profile on the shock towers etc, is there a body that has a lower profile than the usual speed 6/ltc-r? I know even asking peoples opinions about what the best body type always starts a heated debate, which is why I am not asking what the best is, just if there is any other options that may take advantage of the newer lower profile stance.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ebisschop
Having a good night
Looking good, jealous!

Got all the tools ready to build the new kit:

1.5mm Hudy driver ... check
Digital Verniers... check
MASSIVE Phillips head screwdriver... check
Old 10-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
Well I hope your right Artwork. I love many features of the T4. I do hope to see a few things as option parts and continued development as needed. I think many are skeptical, because of the available chassis flex, but as I said time will tell. It would appear to be pretty stiff.
Why would you want a stiff car? They are less forgiving to drive and make it harder to find the setup sweet spot. The last few generations of sedans from every manufacturer have gotten more flexy and faster every time (T3 2012, 417X, BD7, TC6.1WC, Mi4CXL, TCXX, TF6) all of the top cars.

I would imagine the T4 is comparable to all these other top level cars as far as flex.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Dont forget, it is a 2.2mm chassis in the t4, and the t3 2012 was 2.5 mm chassis. Despite it having less cutouts it still should be more flexible than the 2012 car
Old 10-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kinga
With the new lower profile on the shock towers etc, is there a body that has a lower profile than the usual speed 6/ltc-r? I know even asking peoples opinions about what the best body type always starts a heated debate, which is why I am not asking what the best is, just if there is any other options that may take advantage of the newer lower profile stance.
Not for sedan classes that specify global body spec shells, but for RCGT or other local GT classes, yeah, there are a few tamiya bodies meant for their IFS (internal front shocks?) cars that I imagine would probably fit on the T4. Can't say for sure though.

I'm so jealous of all the guys who got their car already. Cant wait for mine to get here

Oh, and Hardman was running a T4 in both 13.5 and mod at IIC. Same car in both classes. Considering his pit man was changing everything between each race, I'd say he did pretty darn good with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.