Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default [B][/B]2015 FLORIDA WINTERNATS DATES MARCH 17-21,2015

NEW DATES MARCH 17-21,2015

Mark down these dates .
FORGASS race will be MARCH 13-15,2015
do to the CIVIC CENTER being booked for the whole month of February we have move the date.

No more gun show or valentine,s day

see ya there

Jim
Old 06-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Winternats

Dang it Jim, Now its on St Patricks day!!! LOL
Old 06-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Don't those center bastards know this is the biggest race in the country? Gun shows should have to schedule around us.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hmmm...gun show and florida....

Green beer is much more appealing.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Its the WINTERNATS - the date is secondary. Hoping to make it!!
Old 06-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

bump
Old 06-18-2014, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm in the pacific northwest and have been into 10th and 8th nitro for quite a while . I have asked question's about travelling to race's and what is required .
I have yet to give a travel race a try and this race has really been on the radar for a long time . I was thinking of making this a 2wk race/vacation .
I have muscle condition called muscular dystrophy . I am not in a wheel chair and fairly mobile and able to drive a car .
I would courier my equipment down and rent a car or mini van for transport . I have only travelled once by plane not for a race but just for a vacation and travelled light .This is going to be totally new for me but would really like to give it a try before this condition gets worse .Looking for hotel thats nice and close to the track.
The dates have been posted early enough for me to get all my ducks in order to give this a try . Any of you regulars to this race have anything to add. I would like to go but don't want to cause a problem at the track regarding help .
Old 06-19-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

We will do whatever it takes to help you out. Here is a video from a state series race so you get an idea what the facility looks like. We have a ramp and stairs to get up on the drivers stand.
We are working on hotels now to try and get better rates for the race.
http://youtu.be/s2V9ecxBvxc
Old 06-19-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=fasteddie d;13345119]I'm in the pacific northwest and have been into 10th and 8th nitro for quite a while . I have asked question's about travelling to race's and what is required .
I have yet to give a travel race a try and this race has really been on the radar for a long time . I was thinking of making this a 2wk race/vacation .
I have muscle condition called muscular dystrophy . I am not in a wheel chair and fairly mobile and able to drive a car .
I would courier my equipment down and rent a car or mini van for transport . I have only travelled once by plane not for a race but just for a vacation and travelled light .This is going to be totally new for me but would really like to give it a try before this condition gets worse .Looking for hotel thats nice and close to the track.
The dates have been posted early enough for me to get all my ducks in order to give this a try . Any of you regulars to this race have anything to add. I would like to go but don't want to cause a problem at the track regarding help .[/

This is the closest hotel. It is about 5 minutes away. The other hotels are more like 20 minutes away. I have stayed here before and it seems nice enough. They also have larger rooms if you ask.

If it helps, I am sure you can pack your stuff ahead of time and ship it to the track with UPS or similar. If that does not work out, you can ship to me and I would bring it over for you to the track.

Comfort Inn
4171 Boatways Rd
Fort Myers, FL 33905

Hope this helps and hope you can make it. Every racer should experience the Fort as least once.

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for the offer DJ. I'm coming for this race one way or another so don't be surprised if you get a PM asking for your address.

[QUOTE=dj apolaro;13347083]
Originally Posted by fasteddie d
I'm in the pacific northwest and have been into 10th and 8th nitro for quite a while . I have asked question's about travelling to race's and what is required .
The dates have been posted early enough for me to get all my ducks in order to give this a try . Any of you regulars to this race have anything to add. I would like to go but don't want to cause a problem at the track regarding help .[/

This is the closest hotel. It is about 5 minutes away. The other hotels are more like 20 minutes away. I have stayed here before and it seems nice enough. They also have larger rooms if you ask.

If it helps, I am sure you can pack your stuff ahead of time and ship it to the track with UPS or similar. If that does not work out, you can ship to me and I would bring it over for you to the track.

Comfort Inn
4171 Boatways Rd
Fort Myers, FL 33905

Hope this helps and hope you can make it. Every racer should experience the Fort as least once.

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-20-2014, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=ToysRUsKid;13347967]thanks for the offer DJ. I'm coming for this race one way or another so don't be surprised if you get a PM asking for your address.

Dorian you should ship to the track if possible DJ is 2+ hours away and may have limited space or I should be there and you can ship to my house where you would need to pick up - 30 minutes from track.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Let's see. I heard "I should be there at my house". You have a home in Florida? you've been holding out McLean!!!

[QUOTE=bmclean;13348701]
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
thanks for the offer DJ. I'm coming for this race one way or another so don't be surprised if you get a PM asking for your address.

Dorian you should ship to the track if possible DJ is 2+ hours away and may have limited space or I should be there and you can ship to my house where you would need to pick up - 30 minutes from track.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

This is fantastic . I am going to start the planning process. Can't wait to see my name as a driver at the Winternationals . Thank you to everyone for the help .
Old 06-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=ToysRUsKid;13348713]Let's see. I heard "I should be there at my house". You have a home in Florida? you've been holding out McLean!!!

Yep LOL
Old 06-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

bump

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.