Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree94Likes

Speedzone Batteries & Motors

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I ran stock buggy (13.5 at ACR) and mod 4wd buggy. I ran the 5300 saddle packs in both cars. Power was not an issue. Driver talent and courteous was.
In 4wd I ran my new to me FS for the first time and had to redo a few things on it to make it driveable. It was good in the main and the top 4 cars were on the same lap, but one too many mistakes left me in 4th. Stock buggy we ran a full 10 cars on a track big enough for 7 or 8. I got into 2nd place from 8th qualifier and was promptly sent sailing nearly into another lane. Some people consider that a clean pass. That put me back into the melee. I would make up positions only to get ram rodded the next corner. So, I ended up 6th. Which is probably a miracle lol. This was my first weekend back with 10th scale in quite a few months. In two weeks I will go to the Fall Classic in Kansas. I think I am running stock buggy, mod 4wd buggy and maybe mod buggy as well. That will be a tough race. If I can get in the B or C I will be pretty pleased.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude
Hey Gavin I shot ya a PM. I know you're a busy dude, just lettin ya know though
YGPM

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Late race report.....Took 3rd in the 2wd open buggy B-main. Was hoping to bump up for the main but couldn't hold that 2nd spot. I gotta say that these Speedzone shorty packs are awesome. Their performance is up there with everyother high dollar pack but the price....OMG....you can get two of these for the price of one of the others. There's another club race tomorrow night so you best believe I'll be shooting to put these packs in the show.
Nice! People love our shorties!

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER
Thanks Gavin and Speedzone for some great packs the two packs performed awesome made great power in touring boosted ....looking foward to the winter season now. Phil
Phil, thanks for the props. Glad you like the packs. Hope to see you guys one Sunday.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Anyone know when they will be restocking the shorties, I could use 2 for my 2wd buggy. I have been checking the website for the last week and it reads SOLD OUT.....Dam.....
Old 11-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi All....

Had a chance to really put some Speedzone batteries to test this past weekend and was more then impressed. Racing in the 17.5 blinky class, having solid batteries is a MUST if you want to be a contender. I can honestly say that I was never short on HP running lap times that were right up there with the top guys in the class. Considering this was my 1st "blinky" race, I was very impressed with Speedzone batteries.

Thanks to Speedzone for releasing quality packs at a very reasonable price!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by frankiecmgt
Anyone know when they will be restocking the shorties, I could use 2 for my 2wd buggy. I have been checking the website for the last week and it reads SOLD OUT.....Dam.....
We hope to have these available again 1st week in December.

Originally Posted by duckman996
Hi All....

Had a chance to really put some Speedzone batteries to test this past weekend and was more then impressed. Racing in the 17.5 blinky class, having solid batteries is a MUST if you want to be a contender. I can honestly say that I was never short on HP running lap times that were right up there with the top guys in the class. Considering this was my 1st "blinky" race, I was very impressed with Speedzone batteries.

Thanks to Speedzone for releasing quality packs at a very reasonable price!
Fantastic, great to hear that.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey Guys, id like to hear a few opinions about Savox servo's. I typically run futaba stuff but seeing as we get discounts on Savox, why not? So what do you guys think of them as far as in 10th scale apps, anybody on the team using them in touring car? Thanks!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Hey Guys, id like to hear a few opinions about Savox servo's. I typically run futaba stuff but seeing as we get discounts on Savox, why not? So what do you guys think of them as far as in 10th scale apps, anybody on the team using them in touring car? Thanks!
I use a 1258TG (.08 @ 166OZ ) in for steering and throttle in my 1/8 scale nitro, my ST and 1/10 scale SCs. And they are going in my 4wd SC and 1/10 buggies when I get them. I will never run another servo brand as far as I am concerned. Super fast/ smooth/ strong. I have had no problems in the 2 years I have been using them. Great price for an outstanding product. I have converted my dad over who use to be a die-hard Hitec fan, as well as some of my buddies....Awesome products. The only thing that people say is that they are noisy. They only make digital sounds when they are self centering, which cant be heard from more than 3 or 4 feet away.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude
I use a 1258TG (.08 @ 166OZ ) in for steering and throttle in my 1/8 scale nitro, my ST and 1/10 scale SCs. And they are going in my 4wd SC and 1/10 buggies when I get them. I will never run another servo brand as far as I am concerned. Super fast/ smooth/ strong. I have had no problems in the 2 years I have been using them. Great price for an outstanding product. I have converted my dad over who use to be a die-hard Hitec fan, as well as some of my buddies....Awesome products. The only thing that people say is that they are noisy. They only make digital sounds when they are self centering, which cant be heard from more than 3 or 4 feet away.
sweet! Thanks for the answer! Im working on building another touring car and figured i might give them a shot, maybe even switch them into all my rides. -Randy Banks
Old 11-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

sweet! Thanks for the answer! Im working on building another touring car and figured i might give them a shot, maybe even switch them into all my rides. -Randy Banks
I defiantly would! Repair kits are super cheep to. That's if you ever need them though.

Spektrum and Team Orion buys several servos from Savox and just uses their name/ spline count.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I ran 13.5 buggy and 4wd mod last night at ACR. I mainly wanted track time to help get some 10th scale smoothness back. I qualified 2nd in stock buggy with a bit fewer cars than last time. I still had trouble with a particular lapper that would run over the leaders and laugh about it. We ran 8 minute mains and I ended up 3rd. I had some drivetrain issues in 4wd, but was able to modify some b44 parts to keep my kyosho running. We ran 8 minutes as well and I was able to hang in 2nd when 1rst had an issue and lead the final 2 minutes for the win.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Company Representative

They seem to be real good servos.

Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell
I ran 13.5 buggy and 4wd mod last night at ACR. I mainly wanted track time to help get some 10th scale smoothness back. I qualified 2nd in stock buggy with a bit fewer cars than last time. I still had trouble with a particular lapper that would run over the leaders and laugh about it. We ran 8 minute mains and I ended up 3rd. I had some drivetrain issues in 4wd, but was able to modify some b44 parts to keep my kyosho running. We ran 8 minutes as well and I was able to hang in 2nd when 1rst had an issue and lead the final 2 minutes for the win.
Nice win Billy.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:39 AM
Company Representative

Thumbs up Dave Johnson and Speedzone win 2011 Halloween classic!!!

Dave Johnson wins 2011 Halloween classic!!!

Dave Johnson TQs and wins Halloween classic with Speedzone power!!! It was the first round of the Midwest Grandslam. With 6 full heats of 1/12 17.5 competition, Dave tq'd the first 3 rounds of qualifying in front of CRC drivers Kenny Lambert & Chuck Lonergan. In the 4th round, Dave put the TQ out of reach by running the only 49 lap run of the weekend! In the main Dave & Kenny got out clean ahead of the field, and after 4 minutes Dave pulled away, separating himself to a 7 sec lead for the win!!! This combination of Johnson & Speedzone will be hard to beat this season!!!!! On to round 2 in Grand Rapids!

Congrats on another win Dave!

Old 11-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Getting warmed up for ROAR area 12 Regionals at WCRC. Running Mod 2wd SC, Mod ST, and 17.5 SC.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Gavin, sent you an email. thanks!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 2011 SPEKTRUM OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS AT TRACKSIDE. Milwaukee Wi

2011 SPEKTRUM OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS AT TRACKSIDE.
As the leaves start to fall and a chill is in the air, it is indoor race season at Trackside. And what is always the biggest and best part of the indoor season? it is the preparations for our biggest event of the year. It is time for the Spektrum Off Road Championships. Each year the first weekend of December brings the best racers from the Midwest and now the US to Trackside. This year it will be Dec 2-4 2011. Trackside is well know for our great events and exciting racing, couple this with some of the biggest and best names in the USA and you have the making for another great event.

As with every Spektrum race, Spektrum goes all out to make this their signature event! Tons of giveaways, prizes and surprises are in store for everyone from the Joe's to the Pro's. This is a race you do not want to miss.
Entry forms can be found on line at www.trackside.com along with all the classes and rules.

SCHEDULE:
WED NOV 30 STORE AND PITS OPEN BUT TRACK IS CLOSED
THUR DEC 1 TRACK OPEN FOR PRACTICE 10AM. CLUB RACE 7PM
FRI DEC 2 OPEN AT 10AM PRACTICE TILL 5PM 1ST QUAL 6PM
SAT DEC 3 OPEN AT 7AM 3 ROUNDS OF QUALS AT 830AM
SUN DEC 4 OPEN AT 7AM MAINS AT 8AM

We are limiting the entries for this event. We have 130 pit spaces so once those pit spaces are filled, entries will be closed. You can run numerous classes, that is fine, but once we have all pit spaces allocated, then we will close entries. So don't wait and think you can get the hook up on a pit space. This will be our biggest off road race ever attracting some of the biggest names in off road and we hope you can make plans to join us.

Our host hotel is the Hampton Inn and you can contact them at 414-466-8881, mention Trackside to get the special rate of $74.99 a nite. The Hampton is a very nice hotel located around 5 min from Trackside.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to make a post here or give us a call at 262-783-4699.

The 2011 Spektrum Championship is going to be a great event and we look forward to making it a December to Remember.

Thanks,
Scotty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.