Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Im having problems with my steering and trottle servos.........HELP ME PLZZZZZZZZ!!!! >

Im having problems with my steering and trottle servos.........HELP ME PLZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Im having problems with my steering and trottle servos.........HELP ME PLZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Im having problems with my steering and trottle servos.........HELP ME PLZZZZZZZZ!!!!

The problem im having is this.......whenever i turn on the power on both the reciever and radio the wheels on my truck automatically turns to the left..the next problem is whenever i press accelerate on my radio controll the trottle servo sticks in that position eventhough i realise it.....the only way it would realise is if i press brakes......
Old 02-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

U need to unscrew the servo horn off your steering servo, turn on car electrics and transmitter, Set trimming on controller bang on in middle so servo is in perfect position (straight), then screw back on your servo horn making sure wheels are straight to

As for the throttle that can be a pain in arse if ur not sure what ur doing. Best advice at this point would be to check your manual and make sure u set Throttle/Brake linkage exactly as it shows. U need to get adjustments right on the throttle linkage, add a spring or some fuel pipe to help the linkage push back to neutral position, maybe it could be to tight in places causing drag on linkage.. What vehicle have you got anyway???
Old 02-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We need more info, like what radio you are using, did you center the servos before installing the horns, do you have trims and sub trims at 0, all mixings off, before we can help you, but your best bet might be a trip LHS with a fully charged radio and receiver and the servos.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

For your steering you need to take off the servo horn and set you steering trim on your radio to zero/center and with everything turned on re-install the horn holding your tires strait. Then you can fine tune your steering alignment a little with the trim setting on your radio if needed.

As far as the throttle/brake, the way I do it is simular, take off the horn,set your trim to zero,then re install horn,then with everything turned on set your trim on throttle so horn is paralell with servo tray. Take off your air filter so you can see in carb. when you pull trigger carb should only open up 95% of the circle when looking in. Adjust this with you EPA/travel setting on radio.This enables you to pull the throttle linkage little more when applying full throttle wich is needed for flex. Also the throttle linkage arm should be as close to level to the chasis as you can get it. This can be ajusted by the set screw where it attaches to the carb. If you set your throttle linkage like this it should work. If it still binds up than maybe there is some dirt or build up in the carb slide that needs cleaned out. Also check and make sure your carb boot isnt hitting the center diff top. if it is you can loosin carb set screw and twist carb a bit so it clears. Hope you get it
Old 02-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For the throttle, make sure the angle of your linkage isn't too much. The straighter it is, the easier it is to slide back. Also, if you used pliars on the linkage and scared or bent it at all, it could be haven't issued sliding past that point. A throttle return spring or rubber band are always a good idea (and even required at some tracks) even if your servo is returning normally.

As for the steering, it sounds like you don't have it centered properly.

Pictures or video always help us understand the problem better.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a CEN Magnum NX.....The radio is a Skyian DX-Pro......when i take off the horn and centre the servo im still not getting to turn right.....when i put on the power switch on the radio and reciever it still turn to the left for itself....and my trim is set to 0......I bought a new servo and installed it and its doing the same thing
Old 02-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micahalfred
I have a CEN Magnum NX.....The radio is a Skyian DX-Pro......when i take off the horn and centre the servo im still not getting to turn right.....when i put on the power switch on the radio and reciever it still turn to the left for itself....and my trim is set to 0......I bought a new servo and installed it and its doing the same thing
try plugging the steering servo into the receiver in the throtle spot and see if you can then steer with the trigger

to me it sounds like a bad receiver or radio or both if they are 2.4ghz try rebinding them
Old 02-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micahalfred
did you run the new servo any before having the problem? if so do not go back with that servo. i had two of those servos because they were cheap but they go bad pretty quick and when they do it does weird things like that. mine did the same thing.