Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FASTEST .28?????????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

928, now there is a killer engine, havn't heard of those in a while, man what a monster.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i think the best bottom end engine i ever owned was a trinity platinum draked .28 its basically a picco p3 but modded killer bottom end
Old 05-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rhymster
i think the best bottom end engine i ever owned was a trinity platinum draked .28 its basically a picco p3 but modded killer bottom end
Also becoming a nice paperweight once worn out. Might as well buy a new motor for the price of buying a piston and sleeve on that thing.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

really smart ass cause i had 10 gallons on mine
Old 05-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rhymster
really smart ass cause i had 10 gallons on mine
10 gallons is alot, I agree. Probably got your money's worth then. But for me I looked at the motor but did not want to chance it not lasting that long and maybe something happening and then $%&#, I just lost a ton of money because it aint worth rebuilding is all.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
RB TM928. This motor will break drivetrain parts and destroy clutches; in stock form.
+1 This motor is a killer
Old 05-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have a passion for big HP motors... I have been drag modding every engine I can get my hands on.... I have a pretty good collection of video's of all my big motors..

Here is a wild video of a super crazy STS 30 I modified..This motor made massive power but its lifespan was very short, by 3 gallons the crankshaft snapped...But its whole life was on video, so I got some great footage...

Here it is doing some wheelies and top end runs

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05727354&hl=en

Here is 2 different STS 30's...one in a Savage and another inthe 5T... Durin the video of 5T the motor ended up blowing the crank, but like they say motors run strongest just before they blow up....in this case it couldn't be more true..as the STS 30 in the 5T was balls out ballistic on this day...ripping 200 foot wheelies with a 30K center...If you like obscene power this motor is the champ

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05727354&hl=en

Here is a video of a PIcco 28 that I modified... at the time of the video the motor was still fresh, so top end was not quite opening up... But regardless this motor was a ripper, strongest low end I have ever seen from a Nitro engine...This motor ended up making 2.4 HP and almost 90 oz/in on the X-Dyno

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...77112039&hl=en

And here is my latest video of the OS 28, plus a little bonus of a C6

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...78961155&hl=en
Old 05-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Maximo
my modified 28 has no issues clocking 10 minutes in race conditions(Canadian Winter Nationals).....the run time was better then many of the .21's we were running against.....I have no explanation why other then the OS is so strong your only at half throttle most of the time.........
So You're the owner of those vids! I've watched the one of the MBX5T with the modded STS probably 20 times. Do you own the Hyper as well as the Mugen? Sorry for the off topic question but which truggy do you prefer? Are you also recommending the OS mill?
Old 05-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by morati
So You're the owner of those vids! I've watched the one of the MBX5T with the modded STS probably 20 times. Do you own the Hyper as well as the Mugen? Sorry for the off topic question but which truggy do you prefer? Are you also recommending the OS mill?

Yes those are my video's !!! I own both the Hyper and Mugen as well..... Right now I definitely prefer driving my Hyper...I find the Hyper turns much better, as well I find that its more predictable on the track.. All in all I find the Hyper much easier to drive, it goes where you want it to go and doesn't seem as picky on setup... Its really odd to say this, but I find the Hyper requires much less steering input to navigate the track, you can point the Truggy down the straight and let off the controller and the Truggy will track straight as an arrow.. I found my Mugen likes to dance and float all over the track, and somewhat had a mind of its own.. I always found my Mugen wanted to push really badly unless you threw it into the corners, You almost had to plan your turns in advance to get the machine to turn...the Hyper on the other hand turns on a dime with zero push.. Hell I was running mine today with toe-in to make it easier to open up down the straight.If i put toe-in on my Mugen it would push like a Mofo...

Oh the Mugen is a faster chassis tho, the Hyper is big and heavy, so it requires a little more motor then the Mugen does.....Also I am having much better luck with clutches on the Hyper then with the Mugen, I guess the stiffer chassis of the Hyper puts less stress on the clutch... ..
Old 05-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

I've been very happy with the novarossi plus 28 engines. Lots of power and it ran consistent during our entire race.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by playboy
I AM LOOKING FOR A NEW MOTOR BUT DONT KNOW WITCH ONE TO BUY??

I WANT TO MOST FASTEST AND SICKEST MOTOR OUT THERE

I DONT CARE ABOUT THE MONEY...

I JUST WANT THE FASTEST AND BEST MOTOR OUT THERE..

WHAT WEBSITE CAN I GET IT??????

THANKS
wow, I was honestly going to make this EXACT same thread earlier today.

I want the absolute fastest .28 motor that money can buy, price it not an option, I have considered this one but I wanna wait, I might find something better... http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...idproduct=1045

or this is a nice one, Im not a big fan of the .21 motors though..
http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...idproduct=4162
Old 05-19-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

the os 28 is bad!!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Plus28-7port is a killer
Old 05-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by new to rc cars
wow, I was honestly going to make this EXACT same thread earlier today.

I want the absolute fastest .28 motor that money can buy, price it not an option, I have considered this one but I wanna wait, I might find something better... http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...idproduct=1045

or this is a nice one, Im not a big fan of the .21 motors though..
http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...idproduct=4162
The OS Speed is just a good race motor... good broad powerband but nowhere even remotely close to being the fastest most powerful engine... Race motors are not usually overly powerful.... 1.5 HP and 59 oz/in

the Hot Mod 528 is a decent motor, the mods done are extremely mild and the motor performs no differently then stock..Once again not the fastest most powerful motor... It has great low end power but falls really flat on the top end... the newer 28's would leave it in a cloud of dust......... The Nova is a gorgeous engine tho, and with the proper mods it does have alot of potential...but none of the Pre-modded 528's available on the market are going to be overly modified.. The 528 is timed like a MT motor and to make it really sing the sleeve and crank timing must be altered....Altering sleeve ports on a 528 is a gigantic job, as it has 11 ports that need to be adjusted...the cost of doing this is very high, as the job is excruciatingly time consuming....the good thing is the Novarossi is so well built that the motor is worth investing into..
Old 05-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I personally run the N528XR and it is a very fast engine when you port it correctly. I changed out the 9mm insert for the 7.5 and it is still an animal with about 10 minutes of run time. I raced this past weekend against several bigger motors, one of them being the new OS 28XZ and he had that OS rung out as far as it would take him and he had nothing on my 528 out of the corners. I'm not sure if it was modded or not but he gave me some good props afterwards about how he leaned his motor out to the point of being too lean to try to hang with my truck. I modded one of those 28XZ motors for a guy in Chicago and he has reported back with very good results so I imagine a modded 528 vs. a similarly modded 28XZ would be a pretty close match up on the track. Both motors have a good base design with plenty of improvement room to be made and I can also mod either engine to full race spec for $80 usd which is very respectable for the amount of work they require.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.