Wiki Posts
Search

Losi truggy rear shocks

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Losi truggy rear shocks

Can anyone give me an exact measurement for a losi 1.0 rear truggy shock? I'm looking to upgrade my older buggy and the 2.0 rear truggy shocks are a "hair" longer than what I need. Eye to eye or overall measurement?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

110mm
Old 08-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What he said, or the same as the front shocks on the 2.0 truggy.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Cool thanks Koby the Losi whiz kid! Is that from eye to eye or overall shock? Whats the 2.0 rear shock dimensions buddy? I'm trying to fine a set of rears for my XB8? I got the front covered from a Losi buggy, but the rears from the losi buggy are too short for the rear of the xray. The 2.0 rear truggy shocks are a "hair" longer than the xray rears. They should work but I just wanted to see if the 1.0 were a hair smaller? Confusing huh? lol
Old 08-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nitro-nutz
Cool thanks Koby the Losi whiz kid! Is that from eye to eye or overall shock? Whats the 2.0 rear shock dimensions buddy? I'm trying to fine a set of rears for my XB8? I got the front covered from a Losi buggy, but the rears from the losi buggy are too short for the rear of the xray. The 2.0 rear truggy shocks are a "hair" longer than the xray rears. They should work but I just wanted to see if the 1.0 were a hair smaller? Confusing huh? lol
LOL Not a problem buddy. 2.0 truggy rears are 130mm. Measurements are from eye center to eye center. If they're only a few MM too long they should work fine. If they're too much longer they could cause an up travel problem.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

They are maybe an eighth of an inch longer than the stock xray? What do ya think?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

They are maybe an eighth of an inch longer than the stock xray? What do ya think?
I would install one and see if you lose much up travel vs. the stock shock.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Ok I appologize already for this question, but what do you mean by too much up travel?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Ok I appologize already for this question, but what do you mean by too much up travel?
Up travel is how far the suspension arm will travel upwards. You don't want to lose up travel. If the shock is too long, it could cause a loss of up travel because it will bottom out sooner than the shorter shock when mounted in the same locations on the tower and arm.

Come see me at the track sometime and I'll help ya out.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

I took my losi shock off and they are super close! The losi shock is about an 1/8 th inch longer but bottoms in almost the exact same place as the stock one? You don't have any rear truggy shocks ya wanna sell do ya? John at AB told me he could only order full sets(4). I only need the rears? I can find them on ebay too? When are ya racing local again Koby? Doug's cash race SUCKED! RThe track is crappy. Straight away is shorter and he built STUPID whoops in front of the drivers stand.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

I took my losi shock off and they are super close! The losi shock is about an 1/8 th inch longer but bottoms in almost the exact same place as the stock one? You don't have any rear truggy shocks ya wanna sell do ya? John at AB told me he could only order full sets(4). I only need the rears? I can find them on ebay too? When are ya racing local again Koby? Doug's cash race SUCKED! RThe track is crappy. Straight away is shorter and he built STUPID whoops in front of the drivers stand.
I like the sounds of that track. Whoops are fun! I'll be there this weekend. Would have been there for the cash race, but I had a Pro Series event to run. I don't have any shocks to sell. I've only got two sets and I use them both. I would check ebay. Just make sure you get the pro roller shocks, not the RTR ones with the plastic caps. Anyway, if you're at the track this weekend I'll see ya there.