Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DE racing plate 2nd generation

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW!!! This stuff is crazy. muaythai, if you had luck with the first Gen and the Gen 2 just is not working for you, email me at [email protected] and I can set you up with all the first gen parts you want. All my parts were developed on hard packed dirt surfaces. I understand that some people have had better luck with the first Gen parts on grass tracks with wood jumps than they have had with ths Gen 2.

As stated in previous threads there are many variables in making a skidplate. I work very hard to provide the best quailty parts in the industry and help the best I can to find solutions for different issues.

I would also like to thank all my customers for their support. You guys are awsome.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by DE Racing
WOW!!! This stuff is crazy. muaythai, if you had luck with the first Gen and the Gen 2 just is not working for you, email me at [email protected] and I can set you up with all the first gen parts you want. All my parts were developed on hard packed dirt surfaces. I understand that some people have had better luck with the first Gen parts on grass tracks with wood jumps than they have had with ths Gen 2.

As stated in previous threads there are many variables in making a skidplate. I work very hard to provide the best quailty parts in the industry and help the best I can to find solutions for different issues.

I would also like to thank all my customers for their support. You guys are awsome.
Sounds like good support to me... and very professionally stated.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
so u dont recommend the de racing plates on a chassis that has about 2 gallons run on it? do u think the chassis would be to worn.
i put the DE racing skids on my buggy and the chassis was pretty worn because i bought the buggy used and i had no problems they worked great! they are awesome, me and my dad both bought a set and we are still using them today and we bought them early this summer and we race almost every week. we went threw two rear each and then we put the front on the rear but now we are about to buy a set of the Gen 2. i wouldnt worry about if the chassis is worn or anything, it does better with a new chassis but they still work perfectly with a worn chassis but if its worn alot they crack at the back pretty quick but it doesnt hurt the purpose of the skids. chassis are just to exspensive.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have used both Gen1 & Gen2 on my rides and they both are great to say the
least! I think when you buy a product you ask yourself does it do what it claims it will do! In the case of DE Racing skids to me it speaks for itself! Got about 2+ gallons on my current ride and not a scratch on the ass end.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I'm with him....

the new plates don't fit as good as the first ones, my 2nd gen tore off and broke due to not fitting right. When you tighten the screws they smush out and come away from the chassis. The 1st gen did not. You guys are rude...
Old 12-23-2009, 01:39 AM
Tech Addict

Default finally......

Originally Posted by merdith6
the new plates don't fit as good as the first ones, my 2nd gen tore off and broke due to not fitting right. When you tighten the screws they smush out and come away from the chassis. The 1st gen did not. You guys are rude...
cheers mate, finally some sense!
Old 12-23-2009, 02:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have used the gen one plates on my MP9 and they are good, I put silicone under them which helps them to last much longer. On some tracks I remove them because they cause the car to buck up on bumps etc but on other smoother tracks I leave them on.
Not impressed with the gen 2 plates as they are at least 50% thicker which increases the bucking problem so I no longer use them.
The way they are advertised they last longer due to a better material used but in actual fact they are thicker so that is the real reason they last longer.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by muaythai
cheers mate, finally some sense!
Ok, I said my peace earlier and I even tried to help you in the MBX6 thread. You seem to have overtightening issues. I suggest you hand tighten your screws and not use a power driver. If you think the the spacers are not needed on the Mugen, then by all means, don't use them and build the car your way. If you are going to ask advice, get 15 out of 20 responses in one direction, and side with your own opinion, and then blast everyone else for theirs, then why ask in the first place? I just don't get it...
Old 12-23-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 3DRCRACER
Ok, I said my peace earlier and I even tried to help you in the MBX6 thread. You seem to have overtightening issues. I suggest you hand tighten your screws and not use a power driver. If you think the the spacers are not needed on the Mugen, then by all means, don't use them and build the car your way. If you are going to ask advice, get 15 out of 20 responses in one direction, and side with your own opinion, and then blast everyone else for theirs, then why ask in the first place? I just don't get it...
He has a personal problem and wants to blame someone else. Unfortunately some people just want to create problems when the only problem is staring right back at them in the mirror. Maybe he has taken too many kicks to the head while practicing "muay thai."
Old 12-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Maybe his pitman doesn't hug him enough....... :P
Old 12-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dude sounds like a blackwheeler!
Old 12-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Are you still making the first gen of plates as me also would like to be able to purchase them, I prefer the 1st gen over the 2 gen......

To me the first gen was perfect....
Old 12-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

I am still lying on the ground listening to AC/DC, I cracked open one eye and looked around and could see the sun coming up. i remember some people passing around a glass jar and saying it was sweet tea, but I can't remember if I drank all of it or just part of it. Anyways lets get a big ole hell yeah for AC/DC and praise Santa for coming over with the goods from A-main and hooking us up with banana sandwiches and RC colas too.Do you think Santa uses Hi-tec 7955's or the new 7940's-7950's. O.K. then what the hell just happened over there?
Old 12-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
I am still lying on the ground listening to AC/DC, I cracked open one eye and looked around and could see the sun coming up. i remember some people passing around a glass jar and saying it was sweet tea, but I can't remember if I drank all of it or just part of it. Anyways lets get a big ole hell yeah for AC/DC and praise Santa for coming over with the goods from A-main and hooking us up with banana sandwiches and RC colas too.Do you think Santa uses Hi-tec 7955's or the new 7940's-7950's. O.K. then what the hell just happened over there?
You Sir, are my hero. All the best for the holidays!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by The Working Man
You Sir, are my hero. All the best for the holidays!!!
My craziness is easing the pain of a pet I just lost. I haven't really felt like being funny much lately but laughter is a wonderful healer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.