Wiki Posts
Search

Congratulations to CODY KING!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
1st and 3rd.....you forgot about that freak HARA, who could drive a redcat for the win . but I agree, awesome result by Kyosho, they have been preparing for this for 2 years, without a doubt. If anyone thinks the MP9 is still an overpriced piece of ....., well they have rocks in there head . You cant deny results.......
And the sad part of Kyosho's dominance on the national and world scene, is they have no resale interest or value..but it's nice to see Cody get his "reward" for all his hard work..
Old 11-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone! Thank you for the nice comments and congrats. I am very proud to be your Champion. It is one thing to win a National or regional event, but to win the worlds is something that not everyone gets to do in there life time. To do it at the relatively young age of 23 is something I couldn't imagine. I want to thank everyone that has helped me out to get to this point.

First off my Dad for all his hard work on my cars at home and at the races. To Team Kyosho, Team Orion, AKA, Kopropo, Byron Fuels, Upgrade RC, A Main Hobbies, Dialedinc.com, ProTekRC, Brain Speed Graphix, and Lunsford. With out the help from these people it would be impossible for me to accomplish this. Not so much the companies, but the people behind these companies. First I have to thank Adrien Bertien who not only prepared engines for the race but also helped my dad in pit lane. Also Philippe Neidhart at Team Orion for these opportunities. At Kyosho Japan I have to personally thank Tsuyoshi Sasai for always believing in me, Joe Pillars for the endless encouragement and help, Mark, Joel and Gil at AKA for their profound guidance and very deep understanding of what it takes to win races, Steve Pond, Futoshi Ishihara and everyone at Kyosho America for the great support ... these people had a profound impact on my career to this point. I also have to acknowledge Jared for his genius trick moving the battery, it's amazing how great the car is with this adjustment.

Also respect to the 2008 Champion and my fellow competitor Atsushi Hara. I like driving with him, he drives clean, and he is a great champion. He was very graceful and friendly after the race. What a great effort he made to get that close to winning two in a row. I can only hope to have a chance like he did.

Well, that's about it for now. Heading out to the Kyosho Fall Classic Saturday at Revelation Raceway. We're all sick over here, brought back colds from Thailand. Hope to feel better on the weekend.

See you all at the track... - Cody
Old 11-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Said with a lot of class, that is why Cody is such a great champion.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petevette
Said with a lot of class, that is why Cody is such a great champion.
+1, a true humble champion. It's just a shame I cant come up and personally congratulate team King. Just a bit far away here in Oz. Maybe Cody will come down to Australia next year for a run , we here can only hope.

Last edited by mtbkym01; 11-18-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

www.rcinsider.com has a Q and A with worlds winner Cody King.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by codyking
Hello everyone! Thank you for the nice comments and congrats. I am very proud to be your Champion. It is one thing to win a National or regional event, but to win the worlds is something that not everyone gets to do in there life time. To do it at the relatively young age of 23 is something I couldn't imagine. I want to thank everyone that has helped me out to get to this point.

First off my Dad for all his hard work on my cars at home and at the races. To Team Kyosho, Team Orion, AKA, Kopropo, Byron Fuels, Upgrade RC, A Main Hobbies, Dialedinc.com, ProTekRC, Brain Speed Graphix, and Lunsford. With out the help from these people it would be impossible for me to accomplish this. Not so much the companies, but the people behind these companies. First I have to thank Adrien Bertien who not only prepared engines for the race but also helped my dad in pit lane. Also Philippe Neidhart at Team Orion for these opportunities. At Kyosho Japan I have to personally thank Tsuyoshi Sasai for always believing in me, Joe Pillars for the endless encouragement and help, Mark, Joel and Gil at AKA for their profound guidance and very deep understanding of what it takes to win races, Steve Pond, Futoshi Ishihara and everyone at Kyosho America for the great support ... these people had a profound impact on my career to this point. I also have to acknowledge Jared for his genius trick moving the battery, it's amazing how great the car is with this adjustment.

Also respect to the 2008 Champion and my fellow competitor Atsushi Hara. I like driving with him, he drives clean, and he is a great champion. He was very graceful and friendly after the race. What a great effort he made to get that close to winning two in a row. I can only hope to have a chance like he did.

Well, that's about it for now. Heading out to the Kyosho Fall Classic Saturday at Revelation Raceway. We're all sick over here, brought back colds from Thailand. Hope to feel better on the weekend.

See you all at the track... - Cody
see you there bro!....congrats!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

congrats cody...i stayed up till 5.30 am new york time watchin that race...wow its was worth it....now im really going to be nervous when pk pits me in the b in ohio this year! lol good job keeping it USA bro !
Old 11-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Anthony Mazzara
congrats cody...i stayed up till 5.30 am new york time watchin that race...wow its was worth it....now im really going to be nervous when pk pits me in the b in ohio this year! lol good job keeping it USA bro !
+1 to that, stayed up till 6:00 am eastern time, and Cody, you made it worth every second of sleep lost that night.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
1st and 3rd.....you forgot about that freak HARA, who could drive a redcat for the win . but I agree, awesome result by Kyosho, they have been preparing for this for 2 years, without a doubt. If anyone thinks the MP9 is still an overpriced piece of ....., well they have rocks in there head . You cant deny results.......
Drive a redcat for the win ? He couldn't even drive a Hot Bodies to the win .
Old 11-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default searching

Be careful trying to google hot bodies, make sure you type rc after it....
Hot booties would have been cooler....