Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emankov
Need opinions for our latest velox mod
Not tested on track yet but...very soon

Attachment 1034721
My suggestion would be to go away from the upper arm/camber link setup and use a normal camber link like the Xray and other chassis. We have been cutting the upper arms in this fashion for sometime now. Allows the rear suspension to move more freely and react better.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Why not just use a camber link?

That's what I understand the next V10 will have....
Stefan. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOL
Old 02-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G87z
My suggestion would be to go away from the upper arm/camber link setup and use a normal camber link like the Xray and other chassis. We have been cutting the upper arms in this fashion for sometime now. Allows the rear suspension to move more freely and react better.
Do you see a more forgiving rear end? ?
Old 02-27-2013, 03:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi!
Anyone can show pictures of installed RX without receiver case?

?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Default whats going on

it is to quite hear. lets here from the RAM
Old 03-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crafty63
Has anyone tried the EC 2012 chassis update? With the ball bearing rear roll bar? Any comments on performance compared to the original v10?
I have it on my car and it provides more flex giving more mechanical grip. If you race on low grip tracks it improves the performance compared to the older style. For high grip tracks you will need to use the chassis brace, either the carbon one or use a tie-rod, or the original chassis brace because the flex makes the car grip the track like it has teeth.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi!

I'm trying do my wires ...

Also must find life pack for that car ...

Think about vapex http://www.vapex-racing.com/goods.php?id=102
LF93572--6.6V/1000mAh, what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Shepherd Velox V10-img_20130305_131136.jpg   Shepherd Velox V10-img_20130305_131211.jpg   Shepherd Velox V10-img_20130305_133241.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hi!

I'm trying do my wires ...

Also must find life pack for that car ...

Think about vapex http://www.vapex-racing.com/goods.php?id=102
LF93572--6.6V/1000mAh, what do you think?
4 cell nimh weighs (good nimhs i should say) only slightly more than what you have and are a little less fickle than life while providing similar performance and voltage.

Also i'd suggest you put those wires on the other side of your receiver (near your fuel tank, use less zip ties and make sure they don't rub the tank or chassis) and run the plugs up near the roll over bar. You can even glue the socket to the roll over bar. It will clean that area of the car up. I'd also suggest taking a little cleaning putty and putting it in the bind plug hole of your receiver and around the servo plugs to prevent fuel in your receiver. Lastly i'd also suggest taking some rtv or rubber cement and putting a light bead around the seam where your two half of the plastic case meets.

While i love sanwa i've had issues when fuel gets into them. I use a box now and the new 471 receiver so I may go back to the open type and see what happens.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for tips

can you post pictures of your car and focus on electronics?

i left on table 4 hours... and still not happy with result...
Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
thanks for tips

can you post pictures of your car and focus on electronics?

i left on table 4 hours... and still not happy with result...
Will do i can show you mine w/ the box. I'll dig around and see if my other chassis have electronics on them.

I attached some photos i don't have any cars w/o a box =D.
Attached Thumbnails Shepherd Velox V10-img_0191.jpg   Shepherd Velox V10-img_0190.jpg  

Last edited by YmeBP; 03-05-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Default what happening Tory

Tony from Baltimore. whats has change on the v10 or what have you and Gmac done to make the car better i have been thinking of buying the chassis ec kit but $250.00 is a bit much for just a new chassis and top deck and a few parts. Gmac said that in April the are coming out with a new car if so what are the changes?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigtee
Tony from Baltimore. whats has change on the v10 or what have you and Gmac done to make the car better i have been thinking of buying the chassis ec kit but $250.00 is a bit much for just a new chassis and top deck and a few parts. Gmac said that in April the are coming out with a new car if so what are the changes?
Great to hear from you man!! Can't wait to hit the tracks this summer hahah.

First part What did I change:
1) I am using an aluminum chassis brace with the same kit/setup you have. I find that i prefer my car stiffer in the chassis and then i tune w/ suspension changes ie shock oil and springs etc. I'm not a high enough skilled driver to leverage the flex consistently. However i've seen it put to good use and it works and works REALLY well.

2) Gmac ran the EC setup so I'll let him answer those questions, I found that watching his car he was super flat. He was able to tune his car a bit easier than i was able to tune mine. Meaning he seemed to be a little better balanced. Where i ran soft he was able to go a little harder and get more rotation in the corners. I can also tell you that I finished middle of the pack at the winternats w/ basically the same car you have (had some traction roll issues because i cut my tires too tall when the times for the mains were changed). To me that speaks volumes considering the level of competition that was on hand. Gmac was a bit quicker than me so you may want to take a look at the upgrade hahaha.

3) I can't answer that one for you, i can tell you that i'll be in germany in a couple weeks and we are planning to stop by the factory and i'll post whatever pictures i'm allowed to take =D. Shepherd USA has the EC kit in stock and will have the new kit shortly after release so you will be able to make an informed choice.

Depending on what's available and if my wife will let me build it hahaha I may be running the new kit at Fiorano in early April.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Will do i can show you mine w/ the box. I'll dig around and see if my other chassis have electronics on them.

I attached some photos i don't have any cars w/o a box =D.
theres to much crap on that car.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
theres to much crap on that car.
Don't worry, it will be in front of you w/ all it's crap
Old 03-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Great to hear from you man!! Can't wait to hit the tracks this summer hahah.

First part What did I change:
1) I am using an aluminum chassis brace with the same kit/setup you have. I find that i prefer my car stiffer in the chassis and then i tune w/ suspension changes ie shock oil and springs etc. I'm not a high enough skilled driver to leverage the flex consistently. However i've seen it put to good use and it works and works REALLY well.

2) Gmac ran the EC setup so I'll let him answer those questions, I found that watching his car he was super flat. He was able to tune his car a bit easier than i was able to tune mine. Meaning he seemed to be a little better balanced. Where i ran soft he was able to go a little harder and get more rotation in the corners. I can also tell you that I finished middle of the pack at the winternats w/ basically the same car you have (had some traction roll issues because i cut my tires too tall when the times for the mains were changed). To me that speaks volumes considering the level of competition that was on hand. Gmac was a bit quicker than me so you may want to take a look at the upgrade hahaha.

3) I can't answer that one for you, i can tell you that i'll be in germany in a couple weeks and we are planning to stop by the factory and i'll post whatever pictures i'm allowed to take =D. Shepherd USA has the EC kit in stock and will have the new kit shortly after release so you will be able to make an informed choice.

Depending on what's available and if my wife will let me build it hahaha I may be running the new kit at Fiorano in early April.
thanks Tory for the info. i can't wait to hit the track myself been going through withdrawals all winter is it April yet? see you at the Diamond

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.