Wiki Posts
Search

werks b5 or b7

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default werks b5 or b7

i have a chance to get a b7 for 155 shipped nib. Ive been looking at the b5 for a couple of months now. just wondering what would pull an rc8t better around the track? of the two motors what has better fuel mileage and power? the tracks that i run on are medium size. has anyone have experience with the two? I'm going to get the b5 for my rc8b but which should i get for the rc8t. fuel mileage is something that I'm learning about cause i lost a couple of races cause of running out fuel during the main. so the less pit stops the better. are mains usually run about 20 min. i currently run an rb c6 in the t and ws7 in the b. looking to switch brands for next season. any info would be appreciated.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have both motors, but my B5 is not fully broken in. The B7 is a steal @ 155, id take that not matter what. Its a great motor and im getting 9min if push on a tank. The B5 is probably going to get better milage, even now when breaking it in, it runs for evere even at the rich settings. The B5 will have a little more low end and it push my truggy from what can tell so far. Like i siad its still new so im running rich and slow.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

You won't be hurting any running the b5 in your truggy. I have never run the b7 personally. But I ran the b5/2013 combo in my ST-RR with absolutly no problems and was getting over 11 minutes... And I'm not the best for fuel milage at all...

-DC-