Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Wanting to buy a HPI FIRESTORM, Good or Bad? >

Wanting to buy a HPI FIRESTORM, Good or Bad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wanting to buy a HPI FIRESTORM, Good or Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I feel your pain Jaz240....some of these guys.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

For someone looking at a starter 1:10 2wd truck, sounds like a pretty good kit to consider. I think it's a descent starter...to suggest he jump into a 1:8 truggy is a bit of a stretch.

I'm guessing there might be some confusion between the 1:10 2wd Firestorm and the 1:8 4wd Hellfire here. Maybe not, but that's my guess.

Krupted, I don't know if this is your first rc, but your throwing yourself into the lions den here a bit. This forum is chock full of full tilt enthusiast...so beware of the 'enthusiast' colored glasses. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of good info here, but...

I have not driven the nitro Firestorm, but I have driven the E-Firestorm. For $190, it's a pretty stellar package to get somebody going. For $60 more, the RTR nitro version seems darn reasonable. Does it have the crazy curb appeal of something costing 2 or 3 time this, no. Does it drive good enough to have fun and race, hell yes. Remember, HPI has killer parts distribution and upgrades galore.

You don't give much info to go on...are you looking to burn laps in your driveway, give club racing a go, or? What's your budget?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Dont go with the hpi u needa get ur hands on a hobao(ofna) st pro its a bloody beast!!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are you planning to race or bash/play around in the dirt with it?

If you want to race, your money might be better spent elsewhere.

If you're bashing around, HPI is a reputable manufacturer that makes a decent product. If the Firestorm is what you like, go for it.

Good luck.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

If you're just bashing then look at the Traxxas stuff. Better quality than HPI. I think that you're have more fun with a Slash/Slayer than a FireStorm. If you're looking to get into racing then you're definely looking at a Truggy. The Truggy offerings out there are diverse and one doesn't make you any better of a driver than the other, that's assuming driving skills are equal.