Wiki Posts
Search

Windows 10 compatibility issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default Windows 10 compatibility issue

Did the update to Windows 10 Pro (x64 bit) last night. Previously, I was on Windows 7 x64, with IE11.

If I didn't use compatibility view, the drop down over users name for PM, Profile, etc... did not show up, nor did the Search and Quick Links drop downs in the upper menu bar. Changing to compatibility view corrected that, but made it that any thumbnail image took 2-3 clicks before it would come up. First couple of clicks opened up the pop up window, but the picture wouldn't show up.

Well, now that I'm on Windows 10, even using compatibility view, the drop downs over the user name will not show up. The Search and Quick Links work, but the issue with having to click on thumbnails multiple times is still there.

Incidentally, the new browser in Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge), which doesn't have a compatibility view, has the same issue with user name drop down. However, the Search and Quick Links drop downs work, and thumbnails open as they should with one click.

Any ideas on how to resolve this, other than using a different browser? Are plans in place to update the RCTech forum software to be more compatible with the latest browsers?
Old 08-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Haven't done the 10 upgrade yet (going to wait for the first round of updates / bug fixes) but I bet firefox would solve all your problems. Never seen these problems with 8.1 and firefox.