Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kooteowman
Nah, couldn't. The wires are fixed to the motor permanently..
what motor are you using?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

a novak maybe?

So, any more news on the Speed Passion escs getting there own form of boost / turbo?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
a novak maybe?

So, any more news on the Speed Passion escs getting there own form of boost / turbo?
maybe later !
Old 11-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
what motor are you using?
Yap. Its a Novak 10.5T
Old 11-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I've found the hobbywing LCD programmer, but I have a few questions before I order it. Is there any difference between the software it would download for an update and what the speed passion programmer would? I like the fact that the hobby wing is about half the price of the one place that I found to have the speed passion LCD programmer(not in stock though) but I'd personally prefer to have the speed passion version of the software, just one if those obsessive things!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The programmer just allows you to upload the speedpassion software to the esc. It does not matter whether you use the hobbywing programmer or the speedpassion labeled programmer. Your getting the Speedpassion software from speedpassion.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AndysD8
I've found the hobbywing LCD programmer, but I have a few questions before I order it. Is there any difference between the software it would download for an update and what the speed passion programmer would? I like the fact that the hobby wing is about half the price of the one place that I found to have the speed passion LCD programmer(not in stock though) but I'd personally prefer to have the speed passion version of the software, just one if those obsessive things!
I think you can update the firmware in the hobbywing programmer to the speed passion firmware. I tried it, and it didnt break, so I guess it works! Was touch and go for a minute though, thought I had bricked it but it turned out OK.

The above poster is right though, just run the SP software and it should work without the firmware. No guarantees though.

Slightly troublesome, but there was zero chance to buy a SP brand programmer here, and the hobbywing is a good alternative, and a quarter of the price.

Regards

Neal
Old 11-26-2009, 02:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default GT 2.0 with 17.5 Fantom ION2 (EPIC DUO2)

Hello to all and thank you for all the info.

So read through all the SP thread and uploaded the 312a software from SP site, DRRS to 9, Timing to 26.25. Motor timing left to 0 for now.

My question is, what gearing should I run? Fantom Racing and EPIC Racing suggests FDR to be 3.0 for open tracks and 3.5 for tight tracks.
Previous posts on this thread have said to run 4.5 -5.0 FDR. on a 17.5 DUO2.

I am a little confused on who is correct.

FYI: Novak recommends 3.5 starting point for their 17.5 motors as well.

My car is a TRF415MSXX MRE07 running 6 cell NIMH (spec club rules here), Fantom 17.5 ION2, Speed Passion GT2.0 (312a software) HPI X-Pattern D (spec rules) in RCGT class.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited by WildCard75; 11-26-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildCard75
Hello to all and thank you for all the info.

So read through all the thread and uploaded the 312a software from SP site, DRRS to 9, Timing to 26.25. Motor timing left to 0 for now.

My question is, what gearing should I run? Fantom Racing and EPIC Racing suggests FDR to be 3.0 for open tracks and 3.5 for tight tracks.
Previous posts on this thread have said to run 4.5 -5.0 FDR. on a 17.5 DUO2.

I am a little confused on who is correct.

FYI: Novak recommends 3.5 starting point for their motors as well.

My car is a TRF415MSXX MRE07 running 6 cell NIMH (spec club rules here), Fantom 17.5 ION2, Speed Passion GT2.0 (312a software) HPI X-Pattern in RCGT.

Thanks,
Dan
If i was you I would start at 4.0 and work my way down, watching my time as well as motor and esc temps.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
If i was you I would start at 4.0 and work my way down, watching my time as well as motor and esc temps.
Agreed, start and around 4.0 and work your way down
Old 11-26-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Default rotor

what does the different rotor sizes do for a version 3 13.5? Stock is 12.3 right? what will happen if i change to bigger/smaller rotor? tia
Old 11-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigz
what does the different rotor sizes do for a version 3 13.5? Stock is 12.3 right? what will happen if i change to bigger/smaller rotor? tia
bigger rotor will give u more torque but remember in stock racing u cant change rotor or u will b illegal
Old 11-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Redwood
I think you can update the firmware in the hobbywing programmer to the speed passion firmware. I tried it, and it didnt break, so I guess it works! Was touch and go for a minute though, thought I had bricked it but it turned out OK.

The above poster is right though, just run the SP software and it should work without the firmware. No guarantees though.

Slightly troublesome, but there was zero chance to buy a SP brand programmer here, and the hobbywing is a good alternative, and a quarter of the price.

Regards

Neal
thanks! I went ahead and ordered the hobbywing LCD programmer: when I get it I just go to speed passions site and download the 312 software from the website? Or do I need to change the firmware or anything on the programmer?
Old 11-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Regards

Neal
thanks! I went ahead and ordered the hobbywing LCD programmer: when I get it I just go to speed passions site and download the 312 software from the website? Or do I need to change the firmware or anything on the programmer? Oh, while I'm at it where's the software at on speed passions site? Why not put the 312 software on the newer speed controllers already?
Old 11-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Regards

Neal
thanks! I went ahead and ordered the hobbywing LCD programmer: when I get it I just go to speed passions site and download the 312 software from the website? Or do I need to change the firmware or anything on the programmer? Oh, while I'm at it where's the software at on speed passions site? Why not put the 312 software on the newer speed controllers already?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.