Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club racing entry fees $

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

$15 for the first class and $10 for 2nd at my LHS.
Podium winners get podium pics posted on FB. As a newer racer...I definitely had my eyes set on getting on the box and when I did i think it was totally worth it.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

There's a nice dirt track that doesn't charge. Only takes donations, you can give any
Amount if you want.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Track I've been racing at is great. $5 entry.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

its $20 first class, $10 for each extra class. if attendance is good there's store gift certs for podium finishers. This is an indoor carpet Off Road track
Old 10-03-2016, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

may be a bit unique, but my local track has recently changed its race fees:

if you purchased your tires at the track for the races you plan to enter, the fees are $20 for your first class, $15 for the second, and $10 for the 3rd.

If you did NOT purchase tires at the track, all prices are $5 more.

Tires purchased at the track are marked to ensure you receive credit for the purchase, and can be used for as many race weekends as they last, so no need to purchase tires for every race weekend.

The owner of the track justified the rule change due to increased operating costs, and also to curb any cheating being done w/ illegal inserts / compounds / etc.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wkderf

if you purchased your tires at the track for the races you plan to enter, the fees are $20 for your first class, $15 for the second, and $10 for the 3rd.

Tires purchased at the track are marked to ensure you receive credit for the purchase, and can be used for as many race weekends as they last, so no need to purchase tires for every race weekend.

The owner of the track justified the rule change due to increased operating costs, and also to curb any cheating being done w/ illegal inserts / compounds / etc.
What kind of track, and what tires work? That's kind of bogus IMO. How many things is the owner trying to keep track of besides who buys what where and what inserts who's running?
Old 10-04-2016, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbrow1
What kind of track, and what tires work? That's kind of bogus IMO. How many things is the owner trying to keep track of besides who buys what where and what inserts who's running?
Based on his posting he runs on road. Either way that track owner is a total DOUCHE! He isn't curbing cheating he's FORCING people to buy from HIM...UNLESS the shop owner is willing to match competitor prices, including online shops....
Old 10-04-2016, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer1812
Based on his posting he runs on road. Either way that track owner is a total DOUCHE! He isn't curbing cheating he's FORCING people to buy from HIM...UNLESS the shop owner is willing to match competitor prices, including online shops....
The track is an on-road indoor carpet track, running grey ozite.

He is by no means forcing people to buy tires from him. His pricing plan simply encourages supporting the track hobby shop - which people don't seem to mind. You by no means have to purchase tires at the track to race. there is simply a small savings if you do.

its not as if he only stocks expensive tires, or tires lacking in quality.

The tires he sells are all competitive, all the brands and compounds used by the vast majority of the racers, and are priced inline with the current market price.

Entry fees had to be increased to maintain profit margins, and to help fund track expansions (black carpet, extended drivers stand, new timing display monitors, online timing availability). What he did was basically offer a discount on entry fees to these who support the track hobby shop.

I don't see much wrong there.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Also worth mentioning that when you buy 8 sets of tires, you get your 9th set free.

He's not trying to screw anybody - he's trying to keep the track going, and improve it along the way.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

You're making it sound like the track owner is struggling to keep the doors open.. but with those sort of improvements, it doesn't really sound like it. Framing it as a discount is much different than saying he charges more for xxx.
What is the price of one entry fee? I'm just curious, makes no difference to me how the owner runs his business.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

the improvements I mentioned are future improvements - planned use of the increased revenue from the entry fees.

one entry fee is $20 if you purchase tires from the track for the category you are running, and $25 if you do not.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

I think that description might have come off better if the O.P. described it as a discount if you buy the tires from the track.

I see this as the same as the way my club does entry fees: $12/class, but if you are a club member it is $8 per class. We don't "force" anyone to pay the $20 annual dues but most people who regularly race at our track join anyway because it saves them money in the long run.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ta_man
I think that description might have come off better if the O.P. described it as a discount if you buy the tires from the track.

I see this as the same as the way my club does entry fees: $12/class, but if you are a club member it is $8 per class. We don't "force" anyone to pay the $20 annual dues but most people who regularly race at our track join anyway because it saves them money in the long run.
That's how the club I used to belong to did it also. $12 entry fee for non-members, $10 if you were a member ($20/year).
Old 10-06-2016, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ta_man

Originally Posted by jbrow1
That's how the club I used to belong to did it also. $12 entry fee for non-members, $10 if you were a member ($20/year).
But most CLUBS are run as a non-profit, which is far different than a BUSINESS were the ultimate goal is to earn a profit.

Last edited by racer1812; 10-06-2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

The track is an on-road indoor carpet track, running grey ozite.

He is by no means forcing people to buy tires from him. His pricing plan simply encourages supporting the track hobby shop - which people don't seem to mind. You by no means have to purchase tires at the track to race. there is simply a small savings if you do.

its not as if he only stocks expensive tires, or tires lacking in quality.

The tires he sells are all competitive, all the brands and compounds used by the vast majority of the racers, and are priced inline with the current market price.

Entry fees had to be increased to maintain profit margins, and to help fund track expansions (black carpet, extended drivers stand, new timing display monitors, online timing availability). What he did was basically offer a discount on entry fees to these who support the track hobby shop.

I don't see much wrong there.
You're right, he's not forcing anyone to buy tires from him. I'll give your guy credit. Either way each person is paying the increased fee. You either pay the extra $5 added to you entry fee OR you BUY tires from him which guarantees him the extra $5 in the form of a sale. He gets the $5 either way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.