Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

This will probably sound like a totaly lame question.

I bought a used gt 2.0 pro from a member on rctech. Speedo was VERY VERY touchy when applying any trigger, even on profile 1. Car wouldnt roll smoothly off the line. it would basicly jump and then roll. I e-mailed Adam, and he recomended I check the software and reinstall it as he doesnt think its a bad speedo.

Im not sure what software is on it, but the member i bought it from "thinks" he updated it. I just got my program box today, going to hook it all up tonite and go from there.

My question is (finally. lol) Is there any way to go back to the original 205g or whatever software it was that came on it and basicly start over? I own another gt 2.0 and it is totaly perfect and smooth. Night and day different from this one.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beeanner

I bought a used gt 2.0 pro from a member on rctech. Speedo was VERY VERY touchy when applying any trigger, even on profile 1. Car wouldnt roll smoothly off the line. it would basicly jump and then roll. I e-mailed Adam, and he recomended I check the software and reinstall it as he doesnt think its a bad speedo.

Im not sure what software is on it, but the member i bought it from "thinks" he updated it. I just got my program box today, going to hook it all up tonite and go from there.

My question is (finally. lol) Is there any way to go back to the original 205g or whatever software it was that came on it and basicly start over? I own another gt 2.0 and it is totaly perfect and smooth. Night and day different from this one.

I would definitley "FORMAT" the speedo by installing the V1.32 program, then install the 091110STOCK software via the LCD box (if you are running anything 13.5 and slower) then make sure RECALIBRATE the radio/speedo and start from there.

Normally the speedo/motor should NOT be jumping from stand still.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Solara
I would definitley "FORMAT" the speedo by installing the V1.32 program, then install the 091110STOCK software via the LCD box (if you are running anything 13.5 and slower) then make sure RECALIBRATE the radio/speedo and start from there.

Normally the speedo/motor should NOT be jumping from stand still.
thank you for the response Solara! Wasnt sure how the whole LCD box thing worked. I was getting a little anxious to get home and try it and decided to ask if it could be done. lol.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

thank you for the response Solara! Wasnt sure how the whole LCD box thing worked. I was getting a little anxious to get home and try it and decided to ask if it could be done. lol.
My only advice is install the V1.32 off of the speed passion website, NOT the disc included with the LCD box.

The disc software is not as updated as the stuff on the website.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Many thanks to Adam and the rest of the SP guys. A+ customer service!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Many thanks to Adam and the rest of the SP guys. A+ customer service!
+1
Old 02-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default sensor board ( v3 )

Does anyone know where I can get a new sensor board for the v3 motor. The rectangular shield for the pins separated from the sensor board and then one of the sensor pins broke off. I looked around the Shumacher/Speed passion distributor site ( usa.racing-cars.com) but couldn't find it. Also, are the high speed ceramic bearings meant for the V3 motor ( part # SPCBB138328 ). It appears a fuzzy cat named Ozite got sucked through my bearing cuz its kinda crunchy.

thanks,

Jake
Old 02-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Does anyone know where I can get a new sensor board for the v3 motor. The rectangular shield for the pins separated from the sensor board and then one of the sensor pins broke off. I looked around the Shumacher/Speed passion distributor site ( usa.racing-cars.com) but couldn't find it. Also, are the high speed ceramic bearings meant for the V3 motor ( part # SPCBB138328 ). It appears a fuzzy cat named Ozite got sucked through my bearing cuz its kinda crunchy.

thanks,

Jake
Contact Judy at Banzai Motors. www.banzaimotors.com. They should have the parts for you.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hello all, Do you guys or gals know where I can find a case for a GT 2. esc?

Thanks,Jason.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jscamry
Hello all, Do you guys or gals know where I can find a case for a GT 2. esc?

Thanks,Jason.
pm Adam and i am sure he can help you out.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Magnet Top

thanks,

Jake
pm Adam he can sort you out.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

adjust the throttle neutral setting to 9% and then re calibrate the esc to your radio. this might help if its not firmware related.
make sure your radio end points are at 100% and the exponential is not turned up.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:50 AM
Tech Initiate

I will hopefully be getting my programming box today so can start to mess around with settings on my GT2.0 LPF. I have been trying to find any information about what various setting actually do. All I can find is that DDRS makes the ESC feel smoother or more aggressive depending on the settings. I'm a physics grad student, so always want to actually know what is going on I'm wondering what this actually does, whether it is just the same as throttle exponential or whether it is a current limiter that allows more current at higher RPM? Also is there any documentation that comes with the different software versions so I can choose the most sensible one for me, again actually knowing what they do. I'm quite a fan of the GM programs where you input all of the parameters yourself, such as "begin timing advance at 10,000 RPM", the turbo function. It looks like the new Novak Kinetic software has a nice visual interface to allow you to change things as you like. I'm sure this is possible with the SP as well, I just need to work out how to do it What I'm really after is for the motor to run as sensored around the infield and only have timing advance at full throttle. This seems to be the hot ticket in the UK at the moment

One last thing, has anyone tried to make their own software version, or mod one of the existing ones? I'd like to try playing around with this.

Cheers

Ben
Old 02-03-2010, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey
I will hopefully be getting my programming box today so can start to mess around with settings on my GT2.0 LPF. I have been trying to find any information about what various setting actually do. All I can find is that DDRS makes the ESC feel smoother or more aggressive depending on the settings. I'm a physics grad student, so always want to actually know what is going on I'm wondering what this actually does, whether it is just the same as throttle exponential or whether it is a current limiter that allows more current at higher RPM? Also is there any documentation that comes with the different software versions so I can choose the most sensible one for me, again actually knowing what they do. I'm quite a fan of the GM programs where you input all of the parameters yourself, such as "begin timing advance at 10,000 RPM", the turbo function. It looks like the new Novak Kinetic software has a nice visual interface to allow you to change things as you like. I'm sure this is possible with the SP as well, I just need to work out how to do it What I'm really after is for the motor to run as sensored around the infield and only have timing advance at full throttle. This seems to be the hot ticket in the UK at the moment

One last thing, has anyone tried to make their own software version, or mod one of the existing ones? I'd like to try playing around with this.

Cheers

Ben
Inputting 10 parameters depending on the track is over-rated...

The SP speedo is doing something to make the motor rev higher without losing punch down low... it's just that nobody outside of SP's own software engineer knows exactly what it is doing!

All I know is that, with the right gearing, the latest 107 stock software is a monster. To catch the 203 Tekins on the straight and have too much rip on the infield was a real pleasure...
Old 02-03-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Initiate

I do wonder if the problem is that the people at speed passion haven't been let in on the secrets of DDRS by hobbywing

here is a little excerpt from Version_control.ini , one of the software files

[CAR_ESC HW427_V1.0]
batch =1

versionnum1 =26
version1_1 =V1.00_080926a_U
version1_2 =V1.00_081014a_U
version1_3 =V1.00_081017a_U
version1_4 =V1.00_081025a_U
version1_5 =V1.00_081105a_U
version1_6 =V1.00_081206a_U

HW=HobbyWing

Now to dig a bit further through the files...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.