Wiki Posts
Search

RTR's is this the answer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default RTR's is this the answer?

I have been very interested in getting a RTR 1/8 buggy or truggy. I've recently jumped back into RC and am not happy with the 1/10 scale. After watching a few races 1/8 is where it's at for me.

So I was looking for a turn key system and read this thread here.

rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/279404-rtrs-any-good-3.html

There are some valid points however my question is has Losi taken RTR's to the next level? The downside of the RTR's spoken of in the thread above seems to be rectified with these new 2.0's. Great radio, improved chassis and shocks, etc. Plus, it seems to have everything you need to open the box, fuel up, tune and go.

What is your opinion on this new(er) Losi set up? Do you see it as an excellent introduction for new racers?

losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0085

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions but you can't go wrong with a losi rtr. I ran one and was very competitive. I did remove the roto start and change the steering servo.other than that it was good. ps the motors are great hold a tune good run time and last long time. I have since moved on to rollers but a buddy still runs the rtr with that motor and it's been 3 years now. He doesn't race a ton but still. Buy with confidence and have fun
Old 05-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

It's not even worth your time to shop around, the losi 8ight 2.0 RTR is so much better than any other RTR on the market that it should have it's own classification. If you want an RTR to race, it's the only choice.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
It's not even worth your time to shop around, the losi 8ight 2.0 RTR is so much better than any other RTR on the market that it should have it's own classification. If you want an RTR to race, it's the only choice.
I will second that.I got my buddy into the hobby a few years ago and he baught an ofna RTR. I worked so hard on that buggy and it never ran right he just about got out of the hobby because of it the thing broke all the time and binds up in every jointed arear its unreal. I see the RTR losi at the track and it takes me a few looks to see that its not a roller.So i would say get the losi 2.0 RTR practice a few times with it then replace the stering servo.And then in time get a radio of choice and the most important thing of all HAVE FUN
Old 05-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

No question about it, the Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR has taken Ready to Runs to the next level. The RTR buggy can compete with any other 1/8 buggy on the track.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I agree 100% with all of the above..all you will need to do is buy 1 100 oz strearing servo, and move the RTR stearing servo to throttle..other than that..Hit the track, and let her rip..Best radio, one of the best RTR engines out, starter box! You cant ask for, nor will you get anything more from any other RTR
Old 05-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

The radio it comes with is really nice. No doubt about it on that one.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

IMO there are no other RTR's than the new losi's. None of the others are worth the time. The new losi 2.0 rtr's however, are dialed out of the box. The old losi 1.0's were good, but this is just the next whole level of RTR's. They come with an awesome radio, a starter box, very reliable engine, decent electronics, and are 100% ready for the track. The only thing you could need would be a good servo for steering. I usually try to get people to stick with a kit/roller, but it's really hard to pass on the new losi's for a beginner racer.

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...dproduct=12643
Old 05-27-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow i didnt even know they came with a DX3s there right that radio will last a long time ever see the radio you get with ofna RTR
Old 05-27-2009, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There are 2 distinct catagories of RTR's:

Ready To Race: Losi 8ight 2.0

Ready To Replace: Everything else.

'nuff said.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Losi RTR is going to rock this industry - because your getting a 98% race ready RC. The 2% I left off is I would strongly suggest changing both servos sooner than later, and that would be my opinion for ANY RTR you get.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Lets hope they are slapping some race worthy tires on em as well...Jesus my Track is going to look like a Losi Factory once these things come out