Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Micah123
Heard different opinions on eliminator. I run a tight slipper anyway so I was used to controlling things with my trigger finger. Definitely an item you can wait on until you have a chance to practice some more. FYI, I had tightened my stock slipper to the max to emulate an eliminator but still had the associated weight of a slipper. Normally, you want to back off the throttle when landing with a tight slipper or eliminator but I have not had a problem stripping idler gears to date. The 17.5 does not have the torque of my 7.5 (strip idler gears frequently on my sc10) so probably not so critical to be off the throttle on landings.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm looking into getting into 2wd buggy racing and I'm leaning heavily towards the B5. I'm planning on running stock for right now and my local track is indoor clay. I'm just wondering if there are any upgrade parts I should get along with the kit in order to save some time getting them later. I know I will need to spend some time getting the setup dialed in to my particular course. I'm just wondering if there are any known upgrades that improve the car overall. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I would get the Schelle bearing kit and JC or Lundsford turnbuckles! Extra wings too! I prefer JC 6.5" wings.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm liking the aluminum hubs. The black ones have a really nice finish and they only added seven grams of weight to the buggy.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Made a gif.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In stock at AMain and stormer fyi
Old 05-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Old 05-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Question on the D block inserts

I'm in the process of installing the aluminum C & D rear hinge pin holders. I'm using a 3.5/1 in the C holder. The D holder has me a little confused and there are no instructions. There are Left/Right arrows on these blocks. If the arrows are pointing away from each other/toward their respective hubs, it looks like it increases the rear toe in. If the arrows are pointed towards each other, it looks is decreases the toe in. But by how much? If I'm running 3.5 toe on the C block and position the D blocks pointing away from each other, how much total toe in am I running. It looks like a crap load, as in greater than 4 .
Old 05-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

Anyone know Humpty's setup for W3
Old 05-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by beedee
Made a gif.
snip
Still looks like moving your shocks to the lower holes will give you damn near the same thing with a lower CG.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beedee
Made a gif.

Aren't the two pictures at different angles?
Old 05-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wease
I'm in the process of installing the aluminum C & D rear hinge pin holders. I'm using a 3.5/1 in the C holder. The D holder has me a little confused and there are no instructions. There are Left/Right arrows on these blocks. If the arrows are pointing away from each other/toward their respective hubs, it looks like it increases the rear toe in. If the arrows are pointed towards each other, it looks is decreases the toe in. But by how much? If I'm running 3.5 toe on the C block and position the D blocks pointing away from each other, how much total toe in am I running. It looks like a crap load, as in greater than 4 .
I put mine arrows in. The other way seemed to bind the arms too much
Old 05-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Tried to install an Orion vortex 8.5 in my b5m and the shaft is hitting the gear cover......anyone just cut the shaft a little? I'm thinking taking the motor apart and using a cut off wheel to trim the end off. Any ideas???
Old 05-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JeremieJ
I'm looking into getting into 2wd buggy racing and I'm leaning heavily towards the B5. I'm planning on running stock for right now and my local track is indoor clay. I'm just wondering if there are any upgrade parts I should get along with the kit in order to save some time getting them later. I know I will need to spend some time getting the setup dialed in to my particular course. I'm just wondering if there are any known upgrades that improve the car overall. Thanks!
1. 3mmx15mm grub screws and 3mm flanged lock nuts. 5x.1mm shims for stock front axles. Put the grubs in the axles with red lock tight, use a shim or two per front axle and snug down the flanged locknut until all play is removed without over tightening the bearings.
2. 3mm grub screws for the suspension components. They don't have to be 10mm long, I used 3mm long screws with success.
3. I glue the inserts for the front bearings into the spindles once I find the trail adjustment I like to minimize slop
4. B4 wing wedges. People are jumping through hoops with wing mount mods that can be fixed with a $3 part since the b5 wing wedge is a bit too thick(or the mounts clip holes are not tall enough)
5. 3x10mm ball studs and 3mm flanged lock nuts for the rear hubs to effectively double nut the outer ball stud on the rear camber link
6. B4 Ti camberlinks, pick a brand, the stock steel camber links are crummy but usable for a while(use light weight oil to lube when installing the ball cups, grease and wax can hydrolock the ball cups when the camber links are close to bottoming out
7. I used one shim(forgot the size) on the rear axles to get a no slop feel
8. Alloy serrated 4mm lock nuts for the wheel nuts, the stock steel on steel had a non desirable feel(felt like they were galling)
9. Using the stock plastic rear arm mounts(c+d blocks), you can shim the arms using the arm shims from a TLR22 to eliminate any slop.
10. upgrade the stock shock orings with the Xrings. I also run a shock limiter between the seals next to the guide to keep everything nice and slop free in the shock seal/guide area

These mods are less than 25 bucks total. They are not necessary, but they do eliminate ALL slop from the car and is just the attention to detail that makes a B5 perfect. You can add bling mods and alloy parts where you feel however they are not nec.

Have fun!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

You could just get longer screws for the motor cover and put a 2mm washer behind the gear cover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.