Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
RB C6 T7 or Trinity Extech Can't decide. >

RB C6 T7 or Trinity Extech Can't decide.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RB C6 T7 or Trinity Extech Can't decide.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
I have tried Go engines and while they seem to have great potential I just can't deal with how finicky the carbs are. I spent a whole race day trying to get rid of a lean bog. It went from too rich to get out of it's own way to len bog in less than an hour on the needles.
you must be one that got a bad HSN, my dad had the same problem, he switched HS needle and the problems went away! in the Go thread there are several other people with the same problem and been solved by changing needles, and I believe as of now the Go Engines will come with a different HS needle.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
slaytanic - if you choose the Ex-Tech. Ed and I are available at anytime to help with tuning. The TRI40064 race prepped comes pre broken in with needles set and instructions how to re set them if u get lost. TRI40066 is a fully modded version of the 40064. The piston, rod, and crank have been altered for more power. Good Luck with your racing.. If you need anymore info you can contact us here

[email protected]
[email protected]
I do not see the TRI40064 anywhere. I thought there was just the stock and the EB version. Is the EB version just broke in and tuned?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I do not see the TRI40064 anywhere. I thought there was just the stock and the EB version. Is the EB version just broke in and tuned?
The Ex Tech I posted in the link above, is the broken in & tuned one. The fully modified version will be available very soon.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i am more of a fan of the rb engines.. i have always had good luck with them
Old 06-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

That is misleading then. Amain description says it it modded! I liked the idea of have it broke in and tuned. But it's not worth the extar to me if thats ALL it has on the 64 version. If it is not modded then I would prolly just go with the stock version.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Race Prepped Version: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/25377

Stock Unprepped version: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/25459

The race prepped version is definitely worth the extra cash, as these engines are VERY tight when they come from the factory. Ed disassembles and inspects the whole engine for any defects, then breaks in the engine using Trinity's special break in fuel, then dyno tunes the engine.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Features:
These are the same engines and tuning that is used by our 1/8th off-road racing team. All engines are modified by Ed Bridges himself to team specs.

All engines will be broken in, carb flow checked and dyno tuned. A dyno spec sheet will come with each motor.

Thanks for clarifying that. All little misleading though don't you think? How much fuel is put through it at break in? Thanks for helping me make a decision!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

RB my opinion but my opinion doesnt count
Old 06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cheesecake
RB my opinion but my opinion doesnt count
Thats right! LOL
Old 06-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Features:
These are the same engines and tuning that is used by our 1/8th off-road racing team. All engines are modified by Ed Bridges himself to team specs.

All engines will be broken in, carb flow checked and dyno tuned. A dyno spec sheet will come with each motor.

Thanks for clarifying that. All little misleading though don't you think? How much fuel is put through it at break in? Thanks for helping me make a decision!
Yeah I agree it is a bit misleading. The engines have 500ml of breakin fuel through them. IMHO between the $10 of fuel, and the time it takes, it's well worth having Ed do it. Nothing better then pulling it out of the box, dropping it in, and winning your heat. LOL
Old 06-24-2008, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

So for only $60.00 the Ed Bridges will tear down and inspect each individual engine, then break the motor in and dyno test it ?.... and the dyno sheet given will be the exact dyno from each individual engine, not just a pre done dyno from a test motor ? I will say i am skeptical as thats a hell of alot of work to be offering for only $60.00.. I know first hand that all that work, combined with the wear and tear on the dyno is worth much more then the $60.00 being charged...... You wouldn't catch me dead doing that much work for that little $$$$$$..either way if that is what is truly being offered then its the deal of the century and well worth every penny......... Honesty that sounds too good to be true, but if thats what your truly offering props to you ! 500 ml fuel is at least 1 hours worth of running on a load bench, tear down,inspection, micing and rebuilding also takes time, then to individually dyno test each motor is unreal, especially for $60.00 !!! WOW !
Old 06-24-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thats right! LOL
Its ok keep talking and they wont let you out of canada
Old 06-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maximo
So for only $60.00 the Ed Bridges will tear down and inspect each individual engine, then break the motor in and dyno test it ?.... and the dyno sheet given will be the exact dino from each individual engine, not just a pre done dino from a test motor ? I will say i am skeptical as that's a hell of a lot of work to be offering for only $60.00.. I know first hand that all that work, combined with the wear and tear on the dino is worth much more then the $60.00 being charged...... You wouldn't catch me dead doing that much work for that little $$$$$$..either way if that is what is truly being offered then its the deal of the century and well worth every penny......... Honesty that sounds too good to be true, but if that's what your truly offering props to you ! 500 ml fuel is at least 1 hours worth of running on a load bench, tear down,inspection, missing and rebuilding also takes time, then to individually dino test each motor is unreal, especially for $60.00 !!! WOW !
YES Maximo that is the procedure! That is why im telling this cat to buy the EB Version. I KNOW these are facts as I'm at the shop hangin with Ed frequently, and he is always BUSY. Most of the time there is one mill on the bench and one on the Dyno. lol!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jpalessi
YES Maximo that is the procedure! That is why im telling this cat to buy the EB Version. I KNOW these are facts as I'm at the shop hangin with Ed frequently, and he is always BUSY. Most of the time there is one mill on the bench and one on the Dyno. lol!
I dont know how you guys can offer that for $60.00, but regardless thats a very worthwhile investment....For $360.00 ready to go all broken in this Extech does seem like a dam nice motor.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

i would go for the extech just remember ed bridges the best motor man in the buisness you cant go wrong with that ,and rb tend to flame out alot as i have seen peoples motors do at my track and they are not rookies and dont forget yannick aigoin lost the worlds 2 years ago cause his rb flamed out with 10 minutes to go in the main ,they love to flame out .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.