Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gotspeed_2000
I was just wondering for those of you who are using Sidewinder. . . When you guys clean your motors, are they stained with a little red color? Also, how's the internals?

Not to bag on the fuel, but I usually use byron's gen 2 and may have to switch to the sidewinder fuel in the near future. I've always used sometype of byron's fuel for the last 7 years or so, but the cost of the byron's fuel is getting to be a problem if one of the lhs is out of stock. One store sells if for 25 a gallon which is okay, but the other sells the same fuel for 35 a gallon. I can get the sidewinder 20% for 25 dollars a gallon pretty easily at a different hobby store. Thanks for the help.
yes it because you dont have to use after run with sidewinder it makes the bearings last forever!!! 10 gallons on a jx and 5 on a v spec same bearings!
yeah the price just makes it even easier to run
Old 03-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
What exactly happen when you switched to Nitrotane that made you go back to Sidewinder?
I ran O'donnell for years and had to switch to Sidewinder because it was easy to get, and did so with no problem. I have been running nitro cars for 15 years and have gone through alot of motors and have never had one just blow up, they just get old and I rebuild them. I left my fuel at home one day and tried Nitrotane and started rich just to be safe and in two tanks I had a broken rod. I went back to sidewinder and at Nitro Challenge I had my fuel come up missing so I went to Nitrotane again and in the main on a panic rev over the front jump had my piston seize in the sleeve. I will stay with Sidewinder, it works for me. I am sure alot of people use Nitrotane with good results it's just not for me. My new motor has two gallons of Sidewinder in it and is just starting to feel broken-in.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

i run O'Donnell i love it great performance
Old 03-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastguy1
yes it because you dont have to use after run with sidewinder it makes the bearings last forever!!! 10 gallons on a jx and 5 on a v spec same bearings!
yeah the price just makes it even easier to run
Thanks for the info. I too run Vspecs so that's good to hear that they'll hold up with sidewinder fuel. I guess I'll be switching to sidewinder when I use up the remaining 4 gallons of Byrons I got.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gotspeed_2000
Thanks for the info. I too run Vspecs so that's good to hear that they'll hold up with sidewinder fuel. I guess I'll be switching to sidewinder when I use up the remaining 4 gallons of Byrons I got.
you might as well sell those 4 gallons be4 your motor gose poof
Old 03-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Actually, I've had pretty good results with byrons. The real reason is that byrons is getting harder to get and the local shop that owns the track we race on sells only sidewinder. I've never had a blown motor, or imo premature wear on any of my motors I've used the byrons. That's part of the reason why it's a little harder for me to do it. If the fuel sucked, then I would change in a heartbeat, but since it's never done me wrong, it's hard to change to something new.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Torco Race Fuels RC Nitro

Hey guys
thanks for all the input, we are looking to get out some of our Torco RC Nitro out to racers and avid users, we currently have 20% and 30% available if anyone is interested in trying some of this out for us and giving us feedback? We have tested it in a few of our own cars and trucks for the last few weeks and it runs great and we have an engine builder who is throwing it on a dyno for us but I would like a few people to try it out in their cars or trucks if possible..You can send me a PM if your interested with your contact info and we will ship it to you free of charge just to try it out..We obviously cant give it all away so we will take the first few that PM me..

Thanks
Steven Davis
Torco Race Fuels
Old 03-28-2009, 03:57 PM
BH
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Steven, you have an email and PM from me.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by torco race fuel
Hey guys
thanks for all the input, we are looking to get out some of our Torco RC Nitro out to racers and avid users, we currently have 20% and 30% available if anyone is interested in trying some of this out for us and giving us feedback? We have tested it in a few of our own cars and trucks for the last few weeks and it runs great and we have an engine builder who is throwing it on a dyno for us but I would like a few people to try it out in their cars or trucks if possible..You can send me a PM if your interested with your contact info and we will ship it to you free of charge just to try it out..We obviously cant give it all away so we will take the first few that PM me..

Thanks
Steven Davis
Torco Race Fuels
Could you provide some more info about your fuel? Oils and additives? Anything unique your fuel offers. Are ingredients from U.S. manufactures, etc?

PM sent and thanks for your consideration.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile Nitro

John you have a PM

Thanks
Old 03-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I appreciate the information that you sent. You have my full attention. Was hoping you would post it here so others could appreciate it as well.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Nitro

Ok john I will,

Torco will be offering a "blend your own Kit" the kit will consist of 99.9% Nitro, 99.98% Methanol,Oils and a Mixture calculator so that you will be able to make your own nitro fuel the way you or your motor wants it, this kit will be available very soon, I will post it here first for you guys if interested..

thnaks
Steven Davis
Torco Race Fuels
Old 03-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I am using Byrons Gen 2 20%, about to break in a new RB s3IIg i hear that it is hard to keep temps up, should iput a sock on the head?
Old 03-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

ben running byrons for 3 years ...never had a problem ....ever....
Old 03-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

i run O'Donnell in my new revo 3.3 and it runs great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.