Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

How come I don't see these prepainted Bodies in Speed Power website?
Old 09-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...r-like-f1.html

Mine is for sale if anyone is interested
Thanks
Old 09-17-2014, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

More news on the chassis updates? Any news at all about the car? It's gotten awfully quiet.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I just purchased one.... Cheap enough to try... Hope the class takes off
Old 09-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...r-like-f1.html

Mine is for sale if anyone is interested
Thanks
I can't believe you are selling it already! Was hoping to watch some good racing in that class this year in toledo
Old 09-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nrtv20
I can't believe you are selling it already! Was hoping to watch some good racing in that class this year in toledo
Pat wants $20 to race.....F that
I will sell it at a loss
Old 09-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by machgo5go
How come I don't see these prepainted Bodies in Speed Power website?
they are not pre-painted.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Howard,

Any word on when the new body will be released?
Old 09-24-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We're in the initial stages of starting up a spec class for the LM-1 at our local indoor carpet track. The intent of the class is to create something that's affordable, has close racing, is easy to drive and setup. My hope is that we can bring in new racers with an attractive package to get them racing and keep them coming back. We're planning on running all Speed Passion equipment, including the battery. The only non-spec items will be receiver and servo. We're currently waffling on using a 21.5R or 25.5R motor. As the 21.5 motor is fast enough that higher skilled drivers can really take advantage of the extra speed. I've heard that other tracks have setup similar classes and I'm interested to hear what worked and possibly what didn't. Care to share your thoughts?

Thanks!
melon
Old 09-24-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by angrymelon
We're in the initial stages of starting up a spec class for the LM-1 at our local indoor carpet track. The intent of the class is to create something that's affordable, has close racing, is easy to drive and setup. My hope is that we can bring in new racers with an attractive package to get them racing and keep them coming back. We're planning on running all Speed Passion equipment, including the battery. The only non-spec items will be receiver and servo. We're currently waffling on using a 21.5R or 25.5R motor. As the 21.5 motor is fast enough that higher skilled drivers can really take advantage of the extra speed. I've heard that other tracks have setup similar classes and I'm interested to hear what worked and possibly what didn't. Care to share your thoughts?

Thanks!
melon

21.5 works really well on carpet indoor. Not so hard a novice can't drive it and not so slow that experienced racers won't have fun actually racing side by side.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thanks!
melon
You going to use Speed Passion motors? If you want to make things easier you can purchase the locked timing endbell so everyone will have the same timing board and overall timing.

Just a thought if you ran a spec motor. If not, I still think the Lemans class racing was very close using open 21.5 motor rule.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
21.5 works really well on carpet indoor. Not so hard a novice can't drive it and not so slow that experienced racers won't have fun actually racing side by side.
Originally Posted by Nexus
You going to use Speed Passion motors? If you want to make things easier you can purchase the locked timing endbell so everyone will have the same timing board and overall timing.

Just a thought if you ran a spec motor. If not, I still think the Lemans class racing was very close using open 21.5 motor rule.
Yep, we're planning on only using a fixed timing motor. Our initial test was with the Speed Passion ESC/motor. The car ripped even with a 3.79 FDR. With a little more gear and an actual setup on the car it should be faster than our F1 class. This is what I was actually trying to avoid.

Would you say that the LM-1 with a 25.5 should be faster than a scale spec/VTA car? I'm assuming that since it's lighter, has a more efficient drive train, better grip tires and more down force, that it would be. I'm just worried that the car ends up being be so slow that it's boring and you can just keep the throttle pinned around the entire track. Similar to what we see in 17.5 1/12 scale.

Thanks again for the feedback guys!
Old 09-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If you haven't seen, Reflex Racing has just started selling a 200mm LeMans body that looks really good. It comes with two noses, so it can remember the A-body and the T-body as well. It will fit 200mm F1 conversions as well.
Howard, any word on when SpeedPassion is going to release the body you've been teasing us with?
Old 09-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Yep, we're planning on only using a fixed timing motor. Our initial test was with the Speed Passion ESC/motor. The car ripped even with a 3.79 FDR. With a little more gear and an actual setup on the car it should be faster than our F1 class. This is what I was actually trying to avoid.

Would you say that the LM-1 with a 25.5 should be faster than a scale spec/VTA car? I'm assuming that since it's lighter, has a more efficient drive train, better grip tires and more down force, that it would be. I'm just worried that the car ends up being be so slow that it's boring and you can just keep the throttle pinned around the entire track. Similar to what we see in 17.5 1/12 scale.

Thanks again for the feedback guys!
Foam tires with better grip and a lot less weight may surprise you. It will be faster than a 25.5 VTA car and accelerate harder.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Foam tires with better grip and a lot less weight may surprise you. It will be faster than a 25.5 VTA car and accelerate harder.
That's exactly what I want. Thank you for confirming my suspicions. It looks like we're on track to do testing with a 25.5 next Tuesday!

Thanks,
melon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.