ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Hudy setup equipment for offroad, I'm torn. CR is right on the offroad concepts, but when i used one on my buggy for the first time, i was very far off on camber and toe. Its probably most usefull for setting front toe out, because there is no real good way to measure that accurately without a setup system, that I know of anyway. I guess you measure the distance from the corners of the wheels.

see you guys sunday.

Everyone say a prayer for Bubba Watson as he sleeps on the lead at the US OPEN!!! Its not only the biggest golf tournament in the world, its the most democratic! Its open, it dont matter if your a lousy driving range pro whose checks signed by a stripper, they cant keep you out! You qualify, you're in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little known fact - Chuck Meyers is a member in good standing of the USGA who successfully returned a score within 10 shots of the course slope rating at a US Open qualifier, maintaining his eligibility to qualify for the Unites States Open Championship!
Old 06-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

man, a pace maker.......makes my broken arm as of last night seem small. see all of you when i can grip my radio again
Old 06-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

tom , no good man !! sorry to hear that !

NeverATiteline (MADMAN) I gotz your lux lid , Iwill have it with me tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ouch

Snorton - hope you recover quickly dude, I think it was from lack of nitro fumes!

Tom - how'd you manage that one? Now I'll never get my jammin set up correctly

Pipester - Ill be there at some point to get my lid tomarrow!!!

Tite
Old 06-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

For Snorton: A pacemaker made by Novak

For Tom: Some titanium screws made by Lunsford to hold your arm together.

Get well soon guys!
Old 06-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

yeah siht.....my bike did me in again. totally broken ulna(forearm) madman..i followed gary guests "revelations" set up available on jammins site. i thought it would be a good base, but havent wanted to change a thing. sam was diggin it and the lil bit jim drove it seemed to like it

Last edited by rallyebmx; 06-16-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Yeah, all of those passes while the other contenders are in the pits are terribly exciting. And there's nothing more interesting than watching sector times blip across the bottom of the screen to see which of the 2 McClarens will win.

Some people from the Altoona Raceway went to the Montreal Race but we havent heard anything yet. I'm betting the night before the race was better than the race itself!

I used to really like F1, but, nowadays, it's crap. Like Montoya said, the races and championships are over even before they begin.

F1=awesome time..... night before was a train wreck so race was actually better... sound is unreal and got to see a major crash just feet in front of us... Ed.. should have gone along!!
Old 06-17-2007, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Li-Pos

Ed237

What Li-Po pack did you run last week?

C.R.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Initiate

That was a blast! I hope that Shawn and I can come up again soon, I will need to do some work to the Revo first though, his starter broke at the end of the day. Is there usually more people at the track on Sundays? Thanks for all the helpful advice too.

-Steve

Doug, where was the website you had mentioned about the diff fluids? I am going to get rid of the grease in the Hyper ST and put some diff fluid in.

Thanks again guys.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Steve - Good job today. Its an accomplishment just to keep 2 cars running all day and your Hyper 8 looked very good right out of the box.

Chuck/Doug/Lee tried the lipo thing last year I wished I joined them, but I just wasnt ready. So far this year, I've been amazed at how easy they are to use. I never even removed the battery from my T4 today.

CR - I sent you a PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New to your track!!

I've been at the track the last two sundays, watchin, seeing how things roll. I really like the Nitro buggies and trucks, those electric ones are ok, but the sound of a nitro engine cant be beat!! I really liked that silver/gray Picco turbo buggy today, the one with the red shocks, That thing was flying around the track. The Last race of the day though my favorite was the blue and white buggy. It was running alittle sluggish earlier but seemed to get a good tune up, and was running awsome at the end of the day.

I brought my brother, and a good friend out to check it out. They really liked it and it inspired my friend to buy a Tmaxx. I have a nitro truck too, 1/10 scale. once i get my new motor, and shocks we're both going to become members. But for now just checking things out.
Keep up the good racing,
Drifthead
Old 06-18-2007, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Drifthead - I think I was talking to you a little bit about your 1/10 and getting into some racing. So far, so good. The best thing you've done so far is get to the track, watch some races, and found out what you liked. Thats going to make it a lot easier for you when you race.

The class your interested in is by far the most popular right now, 1/8 Buggy, and there are a lot to choose from. I would strongly recommend the Losi 8ight (the silver buggy) or the Jammin X1CR (That is what I was driving - the blue/white/black one). The Losi has an edge in performance, but the Jammin is slightly more reliable. The other option is the Sportsworks Turmoil which is very good package. And you cant go wrong with buggies from Kyosho or Mugen either.

Make sure you check with Chuck or Doug at the Race Station before you buy anything, they will steer you in the right direction.

You were right about my buggy in the Main - it was a lot better - but it wasnt engine tuning, it was tires and a sway bar adjustment. If you can pick up the throttle just a 1/10 of second earlier through a corner, or carry more speed, it will make your car appear to have more power.

Good luck and I hope we see you on the track soon.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

I know from past experience that Mugen makes a great buggy.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Rustler VXL RTR

Ed,

So I was thinking about what you said during our XBL race that the new Ruster VXL RTR might make a great Stock Series truck.

I think you might be on to something.

The esc will handle 3 cell Lithium packs and comes RTR.

For $325 you get a decent vehicle and if you could hold people to out of the box it could be real fun. The LiPo can be mounted permenantly and could give some serious run time. The Rustler has been around FOREVER and has some of the cheapest replacement parts. I know most people either love or hate Traxxas, but you have to give kudoos to them for thinking this one up. Great idea to throw a brushless in a proven(cheap) machine to keep costs down.

Are you still thinking about this one?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Racing

Karo

Are you racing this weekend?

C.R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.