Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Own amainhobbies or become a buggy World Champion

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default Own amainhobbies or become a buggy World Champion

Wonder what you guys think will be the best senario for you. First senario is to be the owner of amain or any other company like that and lets say you have a half day of or full days of when ever you want to bash, race, practise, fly, build whatever you want.

And the other scenario it says it all on its own.. Become the ifmar buggy world Champion!!!

I would go with the second one!!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Since I am still at work right now I would have to go with option C...

C. Either of the above!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

D: All of the Above.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm going to go with owning amain since then I can still work and my racing remains my hobby not my life.. I can go home to my kids if I want or go racing. No one is telling me when or where I have to race at. Plus im not world champ material and neither is 99% of the people on this thread. I wouldn't want to overestimate my abilities but I bet I can beat you... JJ are you thinking of owning amain you may want to talk that over with the current owner. LOL Dream Big Man.....
Old 01-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd like to own Amain!

After that I'll work hard and try to win the Worlds!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Win the Worlds, then retire into owning a business like A-Main.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

The money that comes with owning amain would be nice, but I am sure that the headaches that come with it are not...I know with my business the money is nice but the work load and headaches SUCK...lol
Old 01-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Glory always before gold.... World champ.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace
Wonder what you guys think will be the best senario for you. First senario is to be the owner of amain or any other company like that and lets say you have a half day of or full days of when ever you want to bash, race, practise, fly, build whatever you want.

And the other scenario it says it all on its own.. Become the ifmar buggy world Champion!!!

I would go with the second one!!
This is not even a close comparison. The owner of Amain or buggy world champion. The owner of Amain wins hands down. Being a successful business owner has no boundaries. Being the world champion in buggy is only important to the few people in the off-road rc world. For example, go to your nearest bar and tell some hot chick that you are the rc buggy world champion. She is going to laugh at you and say that her son or nephew has one from radio shack or Walmart. If you tell her you are the owner of a successful company that does business with people from all of the world, then you will receive a more positive response.

I would rather have the cash to sponsor the Worlds than be a participant. Do not get me wrong, I love the hobby, but it means very little to the rest of society.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

what made you come up with this question
Old 01-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aussies1129
what made you come up with this question
He must have been real bored...lol
Old 01-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammin32j
The money that comes with owning amain would be nice, but I am sure that the headaches that come with it are not...I know with my business the money is nice but the work load and headaches SUCK...lol
+1
Old 01-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jaywax
This is not even a close comparison. The owner of Amain or buggy world champion. The owner of Amain wins hands down. Being a successful business owner has no boundaries. Being the world champion in buggy is only important to the few people in the off-road rc world. For example, go to your nearest bar and tell some hot chick that you are the rc buggy world champion. She is going to laugh at you and say that her son or nephew has one from radio shack or Walmart. If you tell her you are the owner of a successful company that does business with people from all of the world, then you will receive a more positive response.

I would rather have the cash to sponsor the Worlds than be a participant. Do not get me wrong, I love the hobby, but it means very little to the rest of society.
spot on bud!!

rc is great but to the general population it barely registers on the radar.

i'd own Amain without a 2nd thought.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jammin32j
He must have been real bored...lol
Yeap that is the truth

Most of you guys are right.. i chose the second one with my heart but the logic is better in this situation.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jaywax

I'm 100% agree with that. Every time I told my friend I run radio control car, they think it is something from Toy R Us. Not many people in the world knows about our rc car. And the topic of RC car is not attractive when use to pickup girls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.